Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Three

“Okay, I believe in learnin’ the rules alon’ the way.” Ella continued, walking out of the bathroom door, me behind, and started digging through the dressers. “But I’m a maid. You’ll sleep in Tempest’s bedroom-“

“What?!”

“Not with him, darlin’. You’ll be in a different bed, I promise.” She replied, “But you must be at his services at all times.” She paused as she stuffed stuff in the drawers, and then turned to me to continue. “Always be awake when he is. Never sleep until he is sound asleep-“

“Wait, do I have to pee when he does too?” I asked sarcastically.

“Ah, we have a funny one, here, now do we?” She walked over to me, seriousness on her face, now. “You better be careful watch you say around here. Some say it can be heard through the walls. They can hear what you can’t. See what you can’t.”

She loomed over me a few minutes, just to let it sink in, and walked back to the drawers.

What the hell did that mean?

“I suggest you sleep for now. I’ll show you to your bed.” We went through the bathroom, and through another door into a large master bedroom. In the corner of the room was a small bed.

Thank God, this so-called prince wasn’t here.

When I looked back, Ella was gone.

“Ella?” I called, unsurely.

I walked, my steps faltering, to the bed. I sat down. My legs felt like they had an immediate relief from having no more pressure.

I don’t have the strength to cry. I won’t. Now, I wonder if they have an instrument room?

……

Hour passed of me just sitting there, and the Prince was nowhere in sight. Well, I guess it’s my day off…

I got off the bed, and walked to the door, which was thankfully unlocked. As soon as I opened it, well….

It was like royalty had just smacked me in the face.

Red and gold were the main colors. Beautiful bright red, and bold gold highlighted it. I was soon roaming the halls, gazing at everything like a big idiot.

I was looking through doors, trying to find an instrument. Any instrument to get things off my mind.

Suddenly, I came across a grande entryway, and saw doors.

Well, my life just went two steps forward….

I ran to it, and jiggled both the knobs.

And one step back.

They were locked.

I turn back around, looking at the room.

A grande piano sat in the corner of the room. My fingers started to ache, and I walk to it, the light of the room glistened off it’s top. I sit down at the piano bench, my fingers grazing the smooth instrument. Yes….

I pressed down on one note, and the start of a melody drifted through my head.

My eyes closed, and my lips hummed the melody I was ready to play.

My fingers went down on the keys, the beginning to the song, and a chorus of wonderful sounds filled my ears. I hit the next note, and the next note, until it was time for the first verse.

I breathed in and sang, “Well, she lives in a fairytale. Somewhere too far for us to find. Forgotten the taste and smell of a world that she’s left behind—it’s all about the exposure…. The lens , I told her. The angles were all wrong now she’s ripping wing’s off of butterflies….” Then, I started on the chorus, “Keep your feet on the ground….”

I had only gotten a couple of notes farther when a chill went up my spine. My back tingling. My hands fell onto the keys, making rather irritable sounds as they collided. Someone was watching me. I could feel it….

I could feel him.

I shoot up from the bench, it falling back to hit the marble floor.

I turn toward him. Tempest is behind me, his arms crossed, a wicked smile across his beautiful face. He’s in a tight black t-shirt, and black skinny jeans. His silver eyes glisten like a snake. A silver snake….

“Ooh, a slave with talent.” He says, smoothly, his lips forming the words with soft accuracy. Without realizing it, my face had softened, and my eyes were looking at his lips. Full, and….

I practically had to yank my gaze away, and I crossed my arms over my chest, looking off to the side of the room. He noticed it, I thought. I know he did….

“Don’t blame yourself.” He was suddenly in front of me, so close. “I know you can’t help it.” He was leaning in towards me seductively.

I put my hands on his chest, pushing him back. I couldn’t, so I stepped back instead. “Can’t help what?”

That was a very bad idea to ask that.

He was in front of me again, his speed unreal. His hands wrapped softly around my waist, pulling me into him. I gasped, but he was leaning in, and soon enough, his breath was on my lips.

There was a moment when my mind drifting off, and I could no longer think, no longer speak, as my eyes closed, waiting—though his lips never met mine.

I opened my eyes, first looking at his lips, then up at his eyes, which were open, and on my eyes.

He was taunting me!

“You sick bastard….” I snarled under my breath. His expression changed, his eyes flashed silver, and I was suddenly pressed to the keyboard.

The ivory keys pressed into my back painfully, and I winced. His body was leaned against mine, a notion to hold my down in one place, and I didn’t like one moment of it.

“Get this right.” He says his breath straight on my face. It’s not bad, it’s actually addictive. I close my eyes breathing through my nose, not wanting to look him in the eyes. “You’re a slave now. You do as your told, or you die.”

The pressure on my body is suddenly gone, and I bounce off the keyboard and right onto the piano bench that had been dropped earlier. It dug into my gut, and I groaned in pain, holding my stomach painfully as I rolled off it. For moments, I just lay there. Taking in what he said word-for-word.

And when it was edged into my brain, I made up my mind.

I’m going to be one pain in the ass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?