Status: Not in progress

Carried Away.

Smile.

Before leaving for Raleigh, Jordan and Heather were getting married in Thunder Bay. For the millionth time I was trying to figure out what to wear. I wasn’t exactly the frilly or girly type, so all I really had was jeans and t-shirts. Whenever I had to dress up for an event I would always just borrow something from a friend but here I don’t have anyone to borrow from.
“KAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!”
I laughed as my nephew Parker ran in and tackled me. His little giggle echoed throughout the room as I tickled him. Tanya walked in and laughed. “What’s my little boy doing?!” Again he giggled and then ran out of the room. We both laughed as he went running around the house tackling everyone he could.
“The girls and I were going to go out and just have a girl’s day. Go shopping, get our nails done, maybe go out to eat. Maybe even catch a movie. You want to go?”
A girl’s day? I’ve never had a girl’s day. I grew up surrounded by boys and never really had any friends that were girls, and when I did, they weren’t that girly either.
“Yeah, I’ll go.” She smiled and looked at the clothes scattered throughout my room. A look of comprehension appeared on her face the longer she stared.
“Do you have anything to wear to the wedding?”
“Yeah…. Okay no. Well maybe. I don’t know. The only thing I really wear is jeans and tshirts. I don’t usually have to go fancy.”
“Well we’ll just have to get you a dress while were out! Oh and shoes and jewelry. We’ll leave whenever you’re ready!” She said with her eyes wide like a toddler walking down the stairs on Christmas morning. Oh no. What have I gotten myself into I thought to myself. I quickly slipped into a pair of jeans and put on my Doctor Who t-shirt and mentally tried to prepare myself for what will surely be an interesting afternoon.
I walked out into the living room to the girls sitting around the table looking more excited by the minute. Lindsey, Marc’s wife, was taking a drink from her glass of orange juice when she noticed me standing there.
“Ready to go?” she asked smiling widely. I nodded, not quite sure of what to do. This was a completely new situation for me and frankly I wasn’t sure of what was going to happen. Marc gave me a look as he walked out the door that seemed to be a ‘good luck’ gesture. Jared just kept smiling at me like he knew exactly what I was thinking. Tanya (Eric’s wife), Lindsey (Marc’s wife), Heather (Jordan’s soon to be wife), and Natalie (Jared’s girlfriend)got up and headed to the car. I was just about to join them when Eric put his arm around me and shut the door behind them and in front me.
“Do you even want to go with them? Because if you don’t you don’t have to. I’ll tell them some bullshit story and you can stay here.” Apparently I hadn’t been hiding my nervousness as well as I thought. “I do want to go. Promise. I’m just kind of nervous about spending time alone with them. I’ve found out that I don’t usually get along well with other females.” He laughed. “Promise me that’s it?”
“Promise.” He looked at me a bit longer, trying to see if I was really telling the truth probably. Eventually he nodded and took a step back. He reached in his wallet and handed me his credit card. “Tanya told me you needed something to wear for the wedding. Take it, seriously. Spend as much as you want. Tan knows the pin just take it and have fun. And smile. I think I’ve only seen you smile a handful of times since you’ve been here.” I stared at the ground and nodded. He lifted my chin up with his hand. “Smile.” He said very commanding of me. I did, and so did he.
“Alright. Get out of here. Have fun and don’t put me into debt.” He kissed my head and opened the door and I headed out to the car with absolutely no idea what to expect.

“Here! Try this one!” Natalie handed me yet another dress. This one was strapless Tardis blue and had a solid black line around the waist. I put it on a stepped out the door to my waiting critics. They all shook their heads no and handed me more. I had tried on at least 20 dresses in the last 5 minutes alone I couldn’t keep them all straight anymore. I handed them the earlier dresses we had decided were a no. I looked at the pile they had just handed me. There were at least 8 of them. Looking through them, I only actually liked 2 of them. I tried on the first one which was black with diagonal white stripes and strapless. It didn’t look good. I showed it to the girls and they immediately agreed. I went back in and grabbed the next one. This one was black and white as well but in a much different way. The skirt was black and had a high waist where it connected with see through lace pattern. It was sleeveless, with a black collar and a black design down the middle. It was a little short for my liking but I didn’t care. The dress was breath taking. I put on the shoes the girls had picked out for me to wear. Simple black with a heel to go with anything. It was perfect. Luckily I had worn a black bra so the look was absolutely complete.
“Kay? You alright in there?” I heard Heather yell from the other side of the door. That knocked me right out of my trance. I nodded once more to myself in the mirror and then grabbed the handle and pushed the door open. They were just as speechless as I was. Tanya was the first to speak. “Well damn. The guys are not going to like this.” I frowned. Why wouldn’t they like it? I voiced my concern.
“Why? What’s wrong with it?” She laughed.
“Nothing is wrong with it. Absolutely nothing. It’s perfect and you look absolutely stunning.”
She could see I still didn’t understand.
“I meant they are not going to like the fact that their little sister looks fine as hell.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I didnt edit this quite as much as I probably should have so if I have a major mess up just let me know! Oh and this is the dress I chose for Kaylee! Isnt it amazing?

http://forgivenessisourtorch.tumblr.com/post/33632996582/this-dress