‹ Prequel: If You Only Knew

I Knew I Loved You

Three

"Dillon?" Adam asked, dropping his cup of Starbucks coffee. It hit the floor and basically exploded all over.

I just stared at him, not sure what to say. I hadn't planned for this. I didn't think he would come back here. And to this studio. "What are you doing here?" I finally asked. It came out ruder than I had wanted it to.

"Well we wanted to record some new tracks. And why am I explaining this to you?" He asked. And the old Adam is back.

"Whatever." I gathered everything that I had left on the side counter. "I'll get my dad." I shoved past him and everyone else, not wanting to stay in there with them. "Dad." I called, walking into the business room. Where he was having a meeting.

Damnit.

I sighed and shut the door, not wanting to disturb him. And everyone else that was working was busy, which should be expected in a studio.

"Couldn't find him?" Adam smirked, walking around the corner. He had his arms crossed over his chest, and his eyes glued to me.

"He's busy. Come back later." I pushed my hair back, not wanting to deal with him.

"Mnm. We're paying customers. You have to help us then." He grabbed my arm, and pulled me with him. I stumbled, trying to stop.

"Stop!" I tried pulling my arm free, which didn't work.

"What's your problem?" He rolled his eyes, slowing down. I yanked my arm away finally.

"Are you serious?" I asked, almost laughing at his stupidity. "You seriously don't know what you did?" I looked at him. He shook his head.

"No, what did I do? I've been asking for a year and you just ignore me." He said. I bit my lip, thinking. I really should tell him, but then he would think that everything was fine. Which it wouldn't be.

"That day in the studio when I left, I overheard you telling the guys we weren't dating. And after you promised to tell them!" I said. He smirked at me.

"Is that seriously why you left?" He asked. I nodded. "Wow."

"Wow? You lied!" I raised my voice, getting annoyed.

"I thought I did something worse than that. I can't believe I wasted a year of my life wondering." He shook his head. I didn't know what to think of that. I didn't know if I was hurt, or mad.

"Nice to know I was a waste of time." I wiped my eyes, wanting to run.

"Dill, that's not what I meant." He pushed my hair from my face then kissed my forehead. I shoved him back, hard.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed at him before running down the hall and outside. The tears were burning my eyes and rolling down my face. I can't believe him.

I can't believe myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you expect this?!

I gotta be honest though. You guys are seriously the best people ever. I love that this only had 2 chapters, and what? 11-12 comments? You're all fantastic, and I adore you all.

Also, feel free to tweet this story and include my username (@yoashleydawn or @echox3 on twitter) and I'll respond and love you even more.
<3 <3 <3

-Ashley Dawn