Falling In

Dangerously

“Stop staring at me. Do you work.” I mumbled to Ethan who was staring at me as I was doing my work for the last day for X-Games. We were both at the cabin finishing up the last of the photos that we took in the past week of competitions.

The first day was all awkward because of how everyone seemed to be staring and whispering. Ethan was way too touchy-feely towards me that it started to creep me out a bit. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like it.

Hazelyn even came up to me and asked if I fixed things with him. I just told her that I didn’t talk to him about it yet and didn’t find the right time to talk to him yet. She advised for me to talk to him about it soon and I promised her that I would.

The second day, more people began to notice, but they didn’t ask about it and didn’t focus on it because they were focusing on the very last day of events. It was very busy, so Ethan and I barely saw each other through out the day.

“Go away then,” he said to me.

“You’re the one staring!” I huffed.

“Well, you’re the distracting one!” he argued.

“I’m not even doing anything!”

“Yes you are!”

“What?!”

“Yes you are! All my concentration is going towards you!”

“Oh my god! I’m not even doing anything!”

“Yes you are! You’re being all attractive and all adorable biting your lip and doing that cute scrunchy thing with your nose!”

My irritation went away and was replaced with a wide giddy smile. “Go away, you’re terrible,” I laughed as I threw an M&M at him.

He stood up, and walked towards on the other side of the table towards me, and stared down at me.

“What now?” I asked, looking up at him.

“Just this,” he said as he leaned down and pecked my lips lightly.

I pushed him away, and smacked the back of his head. “You’re an idiot,” I mumbled. “Get back to work!”

“I’ll do it in the kitchen, you’re distracting me,” he said as he picked up his laptop and walked into the kitchen. I then rolled my eyes and continued with my work.

--------------


“Are you flying home?” Ethan asked as he walked into my room the next morning, a few hours before my flight.

“Yeah, I am,” I told him as I folded the rest of my clothes.

“I’m driving, so uhh… Do you wanna ride with me?” he asked. “You’re not gonna die, I promise,” he laughed.

“It’s snowing E,” I whined. “Driving, snowing and you put together isn’t a good combination,” I told him.

“Come on. It’s gonna be a long drive, and I’ll be bored. Please?” he pouted at me. “It’s only sixteen hours. We’ll make a stop in Utah. It’s just like doing a day trip from San Diego to Tahoe,” he promised.

“Is that supposed to make me feel better?” I huffed.

“So are you gonna ride with?” he asked with a wide grin.

I looked at him and bit my lip. “It does save me some money since I have Avalanche,” I said quietly.

“Yes!” he cheered and walked out of my room .

“Bastard,” I mumbled and finished packing.

We were on our way out after an hour. And four hours into the trip, I was asleep. I then woke up on a bed, and an unfamiliar room. I rubbed my eyes open and reached for the note that was on the bedside table; Be back later. Didn’t wanna wake you. Bought dinner. We’re in Utah. I love you -E

Avalanche was sitting at the foot of the bed, looking up at me as I smiled as I put the note down and reached for my phone in my back pocket. I unlocked the screen and saw a bajillion text messages from Deegan.

Where the fuck are you?
Are you alive?
Holy shit Stella, answer me!
Call me! Fuck you weren’t on your plane!


My eyes widened at the text messages. I quickly dialed his number and impatiently waited for him to answer.

“Holy fuck Stella Grace. Where the hell are you?! I’ve been worried sick! Your brother has been worried sick! You weren’t on your plane! I thought you’ve been kidnapped!” he yelled.

“Sorry Deegs! I totally forgot to call you! I’m with Ethan. We’re driving back. We’re somewhere in Utah. I’m so sorry!” I apologized quickly.

“You’re with Ethan?” he asked.

“Yeah, I am.”

“Get home quickly Stella Grace, please.”

“What’s going on Deegan?” I asked with a panic.

“Nothing. Just get home quick,” he said and hung up.

I sat there contemplating about what could have happened back home for an hour or so, but it all quickly faded when I saw Ethan enter the room with a struggle, and what seemed to be our meal in his arms.

“Hey,” I smiled as I got up from the bed and went over to help him.

“Hey,” he smiled back as he thanked me and closed the door behind him. “I didn’t know what you wanted so I just grabbed some Olive Garden from a few blocks away,” he said to me.

“Olive Garden’s perfect,” I smiled as I set the food on the table. I sat on the couch next to Ethan wit my food on my lap as I leaned on him. “This is good,” I told him with my mouth full.

“You’re adorable,” he laughed as he took a piece of my bread from my plate.

“Hey!” I huffed as I took his pizza and took a bite out of it.

“Hey!” he mocked me.

“Are you mocking me?” I asked him.

“Will that make you kiss me?” he grinned.

“No, that’ll make you sleep on the ground!” I laughed as I sat away from him and leaned on the arm of the couch as I ate the last piece of my bread sticks. He pulled my plate from my lap, putting it on the coffee table along with his as he pulled me by the waist, and pulled me towards him.

“Too far,” he whispered in my hear as he leaned his head on my shoulder.

“Close enough?” I asked as I scooted myself closer to him, and buried my face in his chest.

“No,” he mumbled, pulling me tighter. “I love you,” he whispered. I just kept quiet and fell asleep like that.

------------------


“I’ll drive, damn it!” I argued with Ethan the next morning.

“I’ll drive!” he argued back.

“But you drove last night!”

“But I don’t trust you with Geszelle!” he huffed.

I gasped at him. “I trust you with Avalanche!”

“But Avalanche is a dog!”

“But Geszelle is just a car!”

It was his turn to gasp. “Take that back!” I stuck my tongue out at him. “You wouldn’t let me drive Keelan!” he argued, talking about my F150 truck that I got for my 18th birthday.

“Because you’re crazy!” I huffed.

“I bet you’re not even gonna let me drive your A6,” he said to me.

“FYI that A6 is Deegan’s. But you’re right, I wouldn’t let you drive Kael,” I said to him.

“Who’s Kael?” he asked.

“My Subaru,” I laughed as I stuck my tongue out at him.

“You have a Subaru?! Which one?!”

“STI,” I grinned at him.

“You drive stick now?” he asked.

“Yeah, Jake didn’t tell you? I killed his A4 back in Oh-eight,” I laughed.

“Oh shit. You did that?” I laughed as I nodded. “He picked a fight with me because of that,” he mumbled. I smirked, knowing that that my brother had a reason to beat him up.

“Can you please hand me over the keys before I kick you and take it from you by force?” I huffed.

“Babe, I know you wouldn’t kick me there,” he winked.

I blushed as I smacked him. “Wanna try me?” I asked as I pulled my leg back and he instinctly covered it. “Exactly. Hand them over, and we’ll get going,” I said. He reluctantly held the keys at arms length and I grabbed it. “Come on Avie, get in the car,” I told the dog as I opened the back seat and he jumped in. “See? You should be more obedient,” I told Ethan as I walked over to the other side and jumped in.

Ethan jumped into the passenger’s seat with a grunt and glared at me.

“Turn that frown upside down!” I sang as I pulled out of the driveway.

“Shut up,” he grunted as he strapped on his seat belt.

“You can’t be that mad at me,” I laughed as I merged into the freeway.

“I am,” he stated.

“You’re not,” I said confidently.

“And you’re confident about that, how?”

“You love me,” I stated simply.

“Are you sure about that?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

I glanced at him with a smirk. “Pretty damn sure,” I laughed.

“Well, I don’t.”

“You love me,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Nope,” he said crossing his arms stubbornly.

“You so love me,” I laughed.

He sighed. “Yeah I do,” he mumbled. “Dangerously.”
♠ ♠ ♠
As I promised, I'd update today!
So much homework still! :(
I ended up going out of town on saturday and ended up going out yesterday. So now... I'm dead. LOL

but thanks for the ones that commented <3 keep 'em coming! I guess this story is gonna be longer. Or I don't know. ahha. we'll see :p secrets will be revealed soon! keeep posted! <3