Falling In

Disappointment

“Get up you bitch,” I heard from the side of my bed. I groaned and flipped over, covering my head with my pillow. “Come on Stella! Get the hell up,” the voice whined.

“Leave me alone,” I whined back. I didn’t hear a reply, and was drifting back to sleep when all of the sudden the covers were ripped away from me. I let out a gasp and shot straight up. I was met with my bestfriend’s triumphant smirk. I sent him the meanest look that I could manage and he just grinned back at me.

“What do you want?” I growled at him.

“It’s your birthdaaaaay!” he sang at me and plopped onto my bed next to me.

It’s been about a year since Ethan and I talked and worked things out. It took a bit of time to get back to where we were but it was worth it and – well hell, I owed him three years.

I checked my phone and I saw the good morning that ethan sent me as a routine every morning. I replied with the same and turned my attention back to a grinning Deegan. He too had made up with the girl that he was head over heels in love with from Alaska from years and years ago. The girl that made him turn straight. She was such a sweetheart and my bestfriend deserved it.

“Can I sleep?” I frowned at Deegan.

“No can do princess. Hazelyn and Ryan Dolciani are here with Stephanie and Tristan Macintosh,” he said.

I nodded at him and pushed him off my bed. “Get out of my bed and I’ll be down in twenty.”

He left my room and I checked my phone again. I frowned at the reply that Ethan had sent me. He said that he had to go to some meeting and that he’ll call me later – maybe even as late as tonight. I sighed and got up, doing my routine to get ready.

I walked down my stairs, my spirits instantly died once I saw Hazelyn and Ryan curled up with each other on the couch. They were talking quietly among themselves and they both had the widest smile on their faces.

Where’s my cutie-cupcake-booboo?

“Hey,” I greeted them.

Hazelyn instantly jumped up from the couch and tackled me in a hug. “Hey Stella!” she greeted instantly. I haven’t seen her since summer when she and Ryan got married. They’ve been married legally for two years now, but they’ve just found time for the ceremony and party.

I then felt that our hug wasn’t our usual tight hug because something was in our way. I pulled away from her with a gasp. I looked down and my smile widened.

“Yup, we’re having a baby,” Ryan announced excitedly as he wrapped his arms around his wife. I instantly tackle-hugged them both as I squealed.

“I am so freaking happy for you two!” I told them.

They smiled at each other as they pulled each other closer and Ryan kissed his wife’s temple.

“Star!” I heard from behind me before I got wrapped in another tight hug.

“Steph!” I grinned and said hi to her and her husband.

“Where’s your bitch?” Tristan asked me.

I busted out laughing. “Don’t be mean,” Hazelyn told her brother.

“Babe. Come on now. You know Tristan, Ethan and I are so whipped for you ladies,” Ryan said and the three of us ‘ladies’ busted out laughing.

“Well if you must know, I think he forgot my birthday,” I grimaced. “But it’s okay. There’s 364 more days to be thankful this year,” I smiled.

“Well, are you ready to go? We’re having lunch in San Diego,” Hazelyn said.

“Fish tacos?” I asked hopefully. She laughed at me but nodded anyways. I did my happy dance and grabbed all my necessities – then followed them out.

We finished lunch and drove back to Beverly Hills to hang out and watch some movies at their place. Turns out that Ryan and Hazelyn also bought a new house that was just in the suburbs. Something about keeping it from the kids until they were old enough. I just told them that they should tell the kids before they were even allowed to drive.

I was starting to drift off into little naps as we got back on the plane to go back home and I was being shaken awake to get into the car. I drifted into sleep once again and was woken up the final time when we got back to the house. I invited them to stay over so they wouldn’t have to fly back rirght away and they eagerly agreed.

“I was thinking we should hang out on the yacht,” Ryan suggested. Everyone agreed and I told them that I would just go upstairs to change into something comfortable and they should go set up. I checked my phone for the millionth time and there was no phone call or text once again. I was exceptionally irritated, but brushed it off as something for business.

Before I made my way to the lake, I grabbed ingredients for s’mores. I was growling at the darkness, giving myself a mental note to ask my brother to fix the lights. The moon was high up in the sky and shining brightly. I went over to the dock and climbed into the yacht. It was completely silent and I was starting to get nervous. The boat started to steer, and I was about to scream when Hazelyn popped her head into where I was.

“You got the s’mores!” she smiled. “Can you go take them to the fire pit? I need to use the bathroom,” she said hurriedly and walked away.

“Lyn! Wrong way!” I yelled out, but she didn’t hear me. I just laughed to myself and started walking towards the general direction of the fire pit at the very front.

I saw a post it with an arrow pointing to the left, and I followed it – revealing even more post its. I followed it, tearing them down as I passed. I ended up at the deck – to an empty fire pit. I put it down and looked around.

Sorry I couldn’t be there, but your present is upstairs. I love you. – Ethan

My heart was starting to race as I climbed he stairs seeing the entire upper deck with lights. I saw a table and my breath hitched in my throat as I saw a box on the table. I walked towards it with shaky legs and once I reached it, I picked it up.

The lights were brightly illuminating the tiffany blue color of the cube that was in my hands, the logo embossed in gold into the fabric. I bit my lip, and frowned.

“He’s gonna propose and he’s not even here?” I muttered to myself as I slowly opened the box. My frown deepend and I wanted to throw it at the water.

It wasn’t a ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
I. AM. INCREDIBLY. SORRY.

So ... I went snowboarding. Fractured my right wrist. It just started to heal and it's still in a cast, but it's doing pretty well. I've been snowboarding with a cast on. I couldn't type for awhile... So I am so sorry :( Well ... Couple more chapters to go. Probably one or two. But I hope you guys liked this one.

I know, I wanna smack Ethan too.