Falling In

Work With Me

“Where the hell have you been?! Do you fucking know what time it is?! Where did you run off to after the meeting? Answer me damn it!” he yelled once I walked into the house.

“What’s up your ass Versace?” I mumbled. “God, I thought I left my dad and two brothers back home,” I huffed as I stomped up the stairs and into my room. Quick footsteps followed me, and he was fast enough to slip through my door before I could close it on his face.

“Answer my questions,” he demanded, his eyes fuming with anger, but I just kept my cool to get him even angrier.

“Can you just get out and leave me alone?” I asked him with a sigh.

“Where were you?” he asked me once again, his voice tight.

“I was at Universal Studio’s. I just took one park off our list,” I finally answered as I sat down on my bed.

“Why did you come home so late? Are you not aware of how dangerous this place could get?!” he asked me.

“Why do you even care?” I hissed. “I know how to read a fucking clock, and I know what time it is. Damn,” I mumbled.

He took a deep breath and run his fingers through his hair, a gesture that showed that he was distressed. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose before looking back at me with a softer expression. “It’s just that I’m worried about you,” he said. He held his hand up when I opened my mouth to say something. “Your brother and I are good friends. He is my bestfriend and I would definitely want to break that friendship because I let something happen to you. He would kill me if he knew that I was around and I let something happen to you,” he explained shaking his head.

“He would kill you if I asked him to,” I scoffed.

“Stella Grace. Can you please shut the fuck up, and be serious?! I’m here trying to fucking be nice and there you are being a bitch!” he growled. “You know what? Fuck it,” he spat before leaving my room and slammed my door shut in the process. I heard his own door slam, shaking the walls. Or were those my bones? I’m not so sure.

I let out an aggravated sigh as I got up to rummage through my luggage and get changed into more comfortable clothes to sleep in. It took me half an hour to shower and change, and from the bathroom I immediately made a run for my bed because I had the room cool while I was in the bathroom.

I instantly snuggled up to my comforter, smiling at the idea of sleeping in a really cold room. I love the cold, that’s for sure. I cannot sleep if it’s hot. I love the sun and everything, but I need cold nights.

I turned off the lamp that was on my bedside table as I waited for sleep to engulf me. But it didn’t happen. I shifted to my other side, and closed my eyes, waiting again. I finally sat up, and tried to figure out why I couldn’t sleep. Was my pillow weird? No, it was in fact very comfortable.

I huffed and plopped myself back down, staring at the ceiling. Well, I hoped it was the ceiling. It was just pitch black. My mind started to wander from each amusement park, to snowboarding. Even to food. But it eventually lead to what was bothering me.

Ethan.

I huffed, stubbornly not wanting to go and apologize to him for being a bitch, so I waited again hoping that the fatigue from my long day would get the best of me.

No such luck. My mind kept coming back to him.

I looked up at the time, telling me that it was 2 in the morning, and finally got up, slowly walking to my door. I inched it open, looking if anybody was in the halls, and walked out quietly across the hallway and in front of his door.

I stood there like a creeper for about 20 minutes debating if I should come in or not. A couple times, I walked halfway back to my room, before deciding that I should go back and apologize so I can get some sleep.

If anybody saw this right now, and took a video of it. I’m sure it’ll be on America’s Funniest Videos. Yes, it was that funny.

I finally got the courage to knock on the door, very lightly, hoping that he was already asleep and maybe I could get a peace of mind.

“What?” I heard his angry voice.

“Shit,” I mumbled to myself. “Can I come in?” I asked, hopefully loud enough for him to hear me.

“Whatever,” he mumbled.

I twisted the doorknob as I popped my head into the room, seeing that he had on his adorable reading glasses and was in front of his computer. I slipped my body through the crack that I’ve made and closed the door behind me as I inched my way towards the desk that he was seated in.

“Ethan,” I said softly.

“What do you want at two in the morning, Stella? I don’t wanna deal with you bitching at me,” he said, not even taking a glace up at me.

“I’m sorry I bitched at you,” I said to him. “It’s all just a shock, and I’m stressed and everything’s just crazy. And then here you are waltzing back in and I’m all…,” I paused, not finding the right word. “I don’t even know. It’s 2 in the morning, you’re mad at me and I can’t believe I’m in Florida sharing a fucking house with you and I just don’t know,” I admitted as I sat down on his bed, and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, and burying my face into my hands after.

I heard him stand up from his seat, heard his footsteps coming nearer, and felt his presence in front of me. I felt a gust of wind, probably from him leaning down on his knees before I felt him familiar hands take mine, taking it away from my face.

“Stella Grace, you know that I can’t stay mad at you,” he told me with a soft smile. “You know just the right things to push my buttons, and you know that and I know that you use that to your advantage. But besides that, you know I wouldn’t be mad at you for too long. I was irritated that you’re not being nice to me yet be mature enough to not bitch at me. I’m confused at why you’ve been avoiding me for the past three years. More frustrated than confused, but still. Just relax. As long as you bear with me for the next two weeks, I’ll never show my face to you ever again,” he promised.

I had no idea if I was scared or if I was happy. 24 hours ago, I would’ve jumped at the idea. But now, I don’t know. Being so close to him, being nice to him. It’s dangerous.

“We’ll work on this assignment professionally,” he promised. “Just work with me here,” he looked up at me with a soft smile. I nodded at him, returning the smile. With Ethan, it was just an instinct. “Okay, go get some sleep. We’ll be up early tomorrow,” he told me. I nodded at him and got up from the bed as he got up from his knees, and pulled me in for a hug. My arms stayed limp at my sides, not wanting to cave in. “Goodnight, Stella Grace,” he whispered as he kissed my forehead, sending chills down my spine.

Stella Grace Descenzo ; April Of 2008

“Gracie boo! Wakey Wakey!” I heard my bestfriend, Heather before I felt her weight on me.

“Get the fuck off me, fattie,” I huffed, as I pushed her off me.

“You really aren’t a morning person,” she huffed.

“Maybe if she shut up and told me that Deegan was making waffles, which I already smell by the way, then maybe I’ll get up,” I mumbled.

“Hurry up! You’re fucking turning eighteen today! You’re supposed to be psyched and happy!” she yelled.

“If you don’t shut up, I’ll make you,” I told her as I pushed her off me onto the floor and got up to stretch.

“You’re a hater,” she pouted at me.

“You love me,” I sang, walking past her into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and after headed directly to the kitchen where everyone had been waiting. I first saw my evil bestfriend, Heather whom had the job to wake me up. Deegan, the sweet one and secretly my favorite one. Kyla, a close friend of mine. She was more of my brother’s. Okay fine, she was my brother’s girlfriend. Diana was my crazy cousin. My brother, the weirdo, and I saw my dad in the back with a proud smile on his face.

“You’re finally an adult! Happy 18th birthday Gracie!” they all shouted.

I smiled at them as I gave them hugs, and I gave the last one to my dad.

“Happy birthday,” my dad said to me. “Here’s my gift,” he said to me as he handed me a small box. “Careful, okay?” he laughed. I was about to ask why, but he cut me off. “Have to go to work. Bye!” he smiled, waving at us and retreated out of the house. “Have fun!” he shouted before I heard the front door close.

I was about to open the gift, but my idiotic friends stole my attention. Diana snatched it out of my hands, and gave me a huge hug. Followed by my huge brother, and his fellow football player, my bestfriend. Then my two other girl friends.

“Where are my waffles?!” I asked pushing them off me as I sat down on the table.

“Right here babe, don’t throw a fit,” he joked as he put the plate in front of me. “Oh, and here’s your coffee, by the way,” he grinned.

“Thank you,” I smiled at him. “You guys are the best,” I told them before I shoved the food down my throat.

After two plates of waffles, I was completely waffle-wasted. I sunk back on my chair, my hand on my stomach as I rubbed it. “I think I’m full enough to last me the entire day,” I sighed.

“Well, get up missy. We still have gifts to give you!” Diana smiled as she led everyone to the living room, leaving Deegan and I in the kitchen.

“I’ll help you clean up,” I told him as I grabbed the plates off the counter and brought them to the sink.

“No, go ahead. It’s your birthday. Plus, I already kind of live here already,” he smiled at me.

“Just shove them into the dishwasher and run it,” I told him as I rolled my eyes. “I’m gonna go get something in my room first,” I said before I ran up the stairs, quickly grabbing my phone expecting a text message and a missed call. Maybe even a voicemail.

My smile disappeared when I saw that there was that usual good morning text message.

Good Morning (:, I replied before shoving the phone into the pocket of my sweats and put a smile on my face as I walked back down to the living room where my friends and family sat. Well, my friends and my cousin and brother.

“Stells! Come over here! Quick!” Heather called me over as she pulled me by the arm and made me sit next to her. I barely saw her because of our schedules for school. Deegan, Heather, Kyla and my brother are all two years older than me. I just managed to skip the two year difference that we had back in high school. So yes, I am a sophomore in college. But no, I am no smartie pants.

“Mine first!” she jumped in her seat. I laughed as I rolled my eyes at her. She handed me an envelope, with a large grin on her face. I was almost scared that she was going to rip her face apart. I opened it carefully and took out the contents.

“What is this?” I asked as I read the piece of paper.

“It’s a trip to Portland this summer. I know you always go down South for most of the summer, but I wanted to give you a break and I know you’ve wanted to do that snowboarding camp since you were fourteen. So, here. It’s a four week program that includes the photo and video workshop. You have the photo workshop, then do the session two camp, then the video workshop and after the session four workshop,” she smiled.

“As much as I’d want to take it, no, I’m not taking it,” I said giving it back to her. “I know how much that shit costs and no, I won’t take it,” I shook my head as I put it back in her hands.

She shrugged at me. “I got a pretty damn good deal for it, and plus your cousin there chipped in,” she said, putting it back in my hands.

“Let me pay for half of it,” I told them.

They both shook their heads at me. “No, it’s our gift. Our next gift would be when you turn twenty one,” Diana joked.

“Deal,” I smiled.

“My turn,” Diana smiled.

“No more from you,” I scolded.

She rolled her eyes and handed me a box that was wrapped in bright blue. I huffed and took the box, and ripped the wrapper. My eyes widened at the item. It was a DSLR camera from Canon.

“You’re kidding me,” I squeaked.

“Nope, happy birthday!” she grinned as she gave me a hug.

“Here’s our gift to you,” Jake said, handing me a big box as well. “It kind of goes with Diana’s gift,” he smiled.

I chuckled as I opened it and saw two different lenses and a few accessories like hoods for the lenses and some filters. “Ugh! You guys are the best!” I squealed as I ran for my brother and his girlfriend and gave them the biggest hug.

“They always said the best was last,” Deegan grinned at me. “Here’s mine,” he said as he reached behind the couch and pulled out a snowboard.

“Holy shit, no,” I said with my mouth open.

“Nope, that’s not all,” he smiled as he took out a box labeled Flow.

“Deegan, no. You keep that,” I told him as I eyed the board and bindings.

“If you were gonna go to that camp, you need some rad equipment,” he smirked at me.

I squealed as I ran and flung myself at him for a hug. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I thanked him as I kissed his cheek.

“No problem,” he grinned.

I thanked all my friends for all their gifts. I was so thankful that I had people like them around me.

“There’s one more!” Diana said as she handed me the small box that my dad had given me. I opened it with everyone around me, and saw that it was a key. I was confused at first, but realized it was a car key. I looked up at the people around me that mirrored my wide eyes as we all flung ourselves towards the door and rushed outside to see what car it was.

“What?! Dad got you an F150?!” my brother asked disbelievingly.

“Holy shit. This has got to be the best birthday present ever,” I mumbled.

“Hey!” they all complained.

“Okay, the best birthday ever,” I smiled. If only he was here, it would’ve been better. Hell, even a greeting from him would’ve been amazing. I couldn’t think of that now, I have the best people around me and the best gifts. I cant worry about that. Maybe he’s just busy.

We took the car for a quick spin, and went home right away. I asked them if we could stay home and just chill. I really wasn’t up to do something for the day.

“Is anything wrong?” Deegan asked as he leaned over to me while we watched a movie in the living room. I just shrugged at him as I kept my eyes on the TV. “What happened, Stells?” he asked me, as he took my hand.

“Nothing,” I shook my head as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Stella Grace.”

“Nothing. He was just busy probably. Or maybe he forgot, I don’t know. It’s nothing,” I told him.

“Ethan? Ethan forgot your birthday?” he asked me.

“Maybe. Maybe he was busy or maybe his phone died,” I reasoned.

“Stells, he’s always the first to greet you,” he told me. “He’s the first to greet you at everything. I seriously doubt that he forgot your birthday.”

“Well, he did okay? Leave it alone,” I told him.

One thing I love about Deegan? He just understands.

I woke up a few hours later on my bed and the moon’s light was shining through my window, reflecting on my wall that I was facing. I grumbled as I turned over to my other side, and almost screamed as I caught sight of a large silhouette.

“Stells, it’s just me,” he whispered quietly.

“Ethan,” I smiled instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
anotherrr flasshhbackkk :D
I read a story.. I forgot by who.. But she wrote little facts at the ends of her chapters about her story/ etc.
Should I do that once in awhile too? Would you wanna know what goes behind the scenes of this story? :p