Falling In

Dreams Of The Past

Stella Grace Descenzo ; April Of 2008


“What are you doing here?” I asked, my voice raspy.

“Well, I was gonna take you out this afternoon, but you fell asleep and Deegan said you were tired,” he said. “So, now that you’re awake, I don’t really know. I just wanted to spend some time with you. But if you don’t, I can go leave,” he mumbled, pointing towards the door.

I smiled at the man that made my heart melt with the simplest things, and here he is admitting that he wanted to spend some time with me. “No, no.” I shook my head. “Of course I’d love to spend time with you.”

His face beamed as he looked at me. “I actually brought some kettle corn, which I hope your brother left some for you,” he chuckled quietly. “Some Portos, and some Sprinkle’s cupcakes.”

I glared at him. “Why the fuck did you not wake me up?” I huffed as I sat up, and let my feed dangle on the edge of my bed as I stared up at his tall figure.

He reached his hand out for me and pulled me up to my feet, so that I was staring right at his chest. He tilted my head up, with one hand and held my hand with the other as he pushed a strand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. He smiled softly at me, making my insides melt as he spoke. “You were too beautiful to disturb,” he smiled.

I blushed furiously as I playfully hit his chest, and rolled my eyes at him. “You’re a loser. Sorry, but I’m not that gullible,” I said sticking my tongue out at him.

“Plus Deegan specifically told me that you’ve been pretty upset all day, and that probably tired you out, so yeah,” he said, raising an eyebrow at me. As if I’d tell you what I was upset about, buddy.

I disregarded the look, and clapped my hands. “I’m gonna go brush my teeth. And you go get our food and set up the movie,” I smiled as I patted his cheek twice and walked into the bathroom.

I emerged from the bathroom, hair less of a mess and more presentable and I saw that my desk was full with a box of cupcakes, a box of Porto’s cheese rolls and popcorn. I laughed at the sight, making the boy look up at me with a grin as he motioned for me to sit next to him on the couch.

“What are we watching tonight, Ethan Jay?” I asked playfully, poking his side.

“Just watch,” he told me, as he leaned back on the couch, and extended his arm. I leaned back on him, as I watched the title screen appear. “P.S I love you? Are you kidding me?” I asked, as I stared him down.

He held his hands up in defeat. “Hey, it’s a nice movie,” he shrugged.

“You are such a girl,” I smiled as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Throughout the movie, I shoved food down my throat and shed a few tears. I knew that I’d never hear the end of it from Ethan. By the end of the movie, Ethan had a soft playful smile on his face as I wiped the last tear that rolled down my face and shoved another cupcake into my mouth.

“I knew that the cupcakes would make it all better,” he joked.

“Leave me alone,” I smiled as I got up and stretched.

“You know, your birthday isn’t over yet,” he told me as he followed suit.

“And what do you have in mind, Mr. Versace?” I asked.

“Wanna go take a walk outside?” he asked.

“It’s freezing,” I huffed.

He rolled his eyes at me. “Don’t tell me that Stella Grace Descenzo is scared of the cold,” he stuck his tongue out at me.

I stared him down, and grumbled. “Let’s go,” I told him as I grabbed my jacket and made my way out.

Ethan and I sat down at the edge of our lawn that was about 6 feet above the sand. It provided a great view of the lake, and prevented the sand and the grass from mixing. We just sat there quietly, admiring the snowcapped mountains that surrounded the lake, and the shine of the full moon was shining above us, creating that glow on the lake.

“So, why were you upset today?” he asked me.

“I wasn’t upset,” I said a little too quickly. I prayed that he didn’t notice.

“Defensive much?” he smirked, glancing at me. I just kept my eyes straight. “I noticed though, you didn’t reply to my text messages and didn’t answer my call,” he said, now looking at me- probably observing for a reaction.

“I was just busy,” I said with a shrug.

“You didn’t do anything today,” he pointed out.

“I did,” I defended. “I watched a movie with my friends and opened presents.”

“You fell asleep halfway through the movie,” he laughed.

“Okay! Fine! Gosh! Some things were just bothering me, okay?” I huffed.

“What kind of things?” he pushed.

“Things like what I’m gonna do this summer and how I’m gonna fit in my schedule and stuff like that,” I lied.

“You’re a bad liar,” he nudged me.

“I am not lying!” I defended.

“And you’re lying again,” he chuckled. “Admit it. You thought I forgot your birthday,” he laughed.

“You could’ve been busy. It’s no big deal anyways,” I shrugged.

“So, you did think I forgot it,” he concluded.

“Stop putting words in my mouth!”

“Admit it! You were upset that I forgot about your birthday,” he stuck his tongue out at me.

“Okay! Fine, I kind of was. Happy?” I frowned, as I looked down at my feet blushing. I felt him scoot closer to me as he wrapped his arms around my torso tightly.

“You know I’d never forget your birthday. And I wouldn’t forget your 18th birthday most of all,” he assured me. “I was gonna get here earlier, but I got held up. You know LA traffic is crazy.”

“Wait, you drove?” I asked, eyes wide.

“I had to bring you the cupcakes and stuff. I had to drive,” he told me.

“Ethan!” I scolded. “You have school tomorrow. You’re not gonna make it in time for your classes,” I said pulling away from him. “It’s an eight hour drive. Even if you leave now, you’ll make it there by midnight. You didn’t have to come all the way over here in the first place, and you certainly did not have to bring all that food,” I sighed. “Now I feel guilty.”

“No, no! Don’t feel guilty. It was my choice to come over here, okay?” he asked, pulling me back into his arms. “It was my choice to come over here and to bring you food. So don’t beat yourself up over it, okay? I know you,” he sighed.

“I still feel bad.”

“Well, don’t,” he said sternly.

I sighed, as I reluctantly nodded. “Okay good. Now, before your birthday ends, I wanted to give you something,” he said nervously. “And if you don’t like it, I can totally give it back and exchange it for something you’d like,” he said.

I pulled away from him one more time to face him. “Ethan, you came all this way to be here. I don’t need anymore gifts from you, okay?” I sighed.

“No, this is the real reason why I came here,” he said. He reached into his jacket pocket, and held out a box, waiting for me to take it. I hesitantly took it from his palm, and looked at it.

“No, this shit’s expensive,” I told him as I saw the box’s elegant Tiffany green color.

“You haven’t even opened it!”

I rolled my eyes at him as I opened the box that held an even smaller box inside. This time it was that elegant velvet that I felt under my finger tips, and I knew that this was no fake shit. Ethan tipped it over, and took the larger box as he anticipated for me to open the velvet box. I finally did, and saw the beautiful ring.

“Do you not like it? Is it ugly? I’m sorry. I could totally go exchange it,” he said quickly. I just sat there, admiring the ring that seemed to be platinum, and it was surrounded by blue and clear crystals. Well shit, I pray that those aren’t what I think they are. “Are you okay?” he asked me.

“Please tell me that this shit is cubic zirconium and topaz,” I told him, knowing that it wasn’t. It was from fucking Tiffany’s for Christ sakes! The silence proved that my suspicion was correct. I quickly shut the box, and shoved it into Ethan’s hands as I stood up.

“Do you not like it? We can go exchange it in the morning. There’s one in Walnut Creek like three hours away. We can even go online and change it,” he said standing up, following me.

“No, Ethan. I love it. It’s beautiful. But I cannot take it. I really just cannot. It’s crazy. That shit’s expensive. I’m not gonna let you spend thousands of dollars for a freaking birthday gift. No,” I told him. “I can’t.”

“Yes you can. And yes I can spend as much as I want on you. You are my best friend, Stella Grace,” he told me. A part of that sentence hurt me. Is that all he thinks of us? Bestfriends?

I sighed at him and shook my head. “I can’t E,” I sighed.

He took my hands in his, and put the velvet box in my palm. “Yes, you can. It’s my gift to you. And well, it has other purposes,” he smiled. He opened the box and took the ring out. “You see, April’s birthstone are diamonds. And September’s birthstone are Sapphires,” he said. “When you have it on, you’ll always remember me,” he grinned sheepishly. I looked at the ring that looked so miniscule in Ethan’s large hands. “I saw it, and I just had to get it.”

“What were you even doing in a Tiffany’s store?” I mumbled.

“That’s beside the point. So, are you going to take it?” he asked, hope evident in his eyes.

“Oh what the hell,” I smiled as he slipped the ring into my right hand’s ring finger. “Thanks,” I smiled at him. “I’m not taking anymore birthday gifts from you until I’m like, twenty-two or something,” I told him.

“What? Not even twenty one?” he asked.

I shook my head at him. “No, not even twenty one. Because you might throw a party at some yacht in Florida and pay for everyone’s ticket,” I scoffed.

“I just might,” he laughed. I shook my head at him as I gave him a hug, my ear resting against his chest that seemed to be beating off the radar. “It’s 12:01. You’re officially over 18,” he joked as he kissed my forehead.


Stella Grace Descenzo ; December Of 2011


I bolted up in bed, gripping onto the ring that was used as a pendant around my neck. I looked around and saw that I had fallen asleep. I probably fell asleep contemplating if I should go over to Ethan’s room and apologize for my bitchassness. I got up, stretched and went to clean myself up and get ready for the day.

Forty-five minutes later, I took a breath as I opened the door to leave my bedroom and was instantly engulfed by the smell of breakfast. I nervously walked down the steps, trying to be as quiet as I could and entered the kitchen. I saw Ethan in front of the stove, as he transferred over what he was cooking on a bigger plate and walked over to the counter that had two plates set up.

“Eat, we have a long day,” he said without looking up at me and turned back to the sink, and placed the things he used in it. He then made his way around the counter to sit down on his seat, and when I didn’t follow, he looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. “Are you gonna eat or are you gonna bitch at me for cooking?” he asked.

Oh shit, the apology was a dream too?

I slowly walked towards him and sat on the seat where the other plate was placed. I looked down and saw that there was an egg-white tomato omelet on the plate. Then there was another small bowl on it that had been filled with fruits. I took a glance at Ethan whom was eating his cheese omelet and his bacon.

“Thank you,” I said quietly as I picked up my fork. He didn’t reply, which made me a bit antsy. I took frequent glances at him, and didn’t even touch my food.

“You know you can eat that. I didn’t spit in it, if that’s what you’re thinking,” he informed me as he took a sip of his coffee. “There’s your Caffe Misto, by the way,” he said motioning towards the mug that was on my right hand side. “Extra froth. Just like the way you like it.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding how he could remember such details. “I’m sorry,” I spat out before my brain even processed it.

He just shrugged. “Nothing to be sorry for,” he said.

“I bitched at you when you were trying to be nice. And even if I did, here you are making me breakfast and my favorite coffee that I have no idea how to make. I’m sorry,” I blabbed.

“Stella, I don’t know what got you so mad at me. Three years is a long time to avoid me, so I don’t know what drastic thing I’ve done to you. But right now, we’re working and we’re keeping it professional. I’m willing to put that aside and deal with it later on. And I hope you cooperate,” he sighed.

“I will,” I agreed.

“Okay, now eat,” he said with a soft smile. I smiled back as I chomped on the food that was in front of me.

This is a start.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for such a long wait!
thanks for those that commented <3

I was actually out with my family; And yeah; I'm just taking a break from cleaning my room right now :p

Anyways; Facts;
I try to make my story as realistic as it could be in terms of places. I try to be realistic on what is where and what's happening. I do a lot of research about a place that I talk about as much as I can. Or I base it on my experience (:

COMMENT! i <3 comments :D thanksss