Stolen Seconds

Ten: Optimism

~Ginny’s POV~

Zak had finished my sentence completely and right now we were staring into each other eyes for which seemed like we were having a staring contest. Flustered all over again; I broke the eye contact and smiled.

I asked,” So when is your next Lockdown?”

He answered,” It’s actually in a week and a half. It’s at the Lemp Mansion in Missouri.”
I nodded,” Sounds eerie.”

He chuckled,” We were actually wondering if you’d be interested in being a guest investigator?”

I arched my eyebrow, “At a haunted bed and breakfast where tons have deaths have occured?”
He nodded and awaited my answer.

I thought for a second and thought about how badly I wanted to join them. Ever since their first episode I had wanted to and know I was getting the chance to. I bit my lip and then answered,” Yeah I’ll join you guys.”

He clapped his hands together and exclaimed,” Great! When are you getting back from Tennessee?”

I unlocked my Droid and looked on the calendar to see when I got back. Today was April 6th so I would be getting back on the 9th. So I showed him the calendar and he nodded.

Finally we got our food and we began to dig in. I carefully watched him when he wasn’t looking at me. He had his black hat on so I really couldn’t see his eyes but I just observed his features and expressions. His features were soft yet rugged. He was definitely cuter in person than on a TV every Friday night. My eyes went down to his food which caused me to scrunch up my nose in disgust. Then it reminded me that I had food of my own getting cold.

Zak had walked me out to my car and he leaned against the backseat window on the driver side. We smiled at each other and I said,” Alright we’ll I better get going.”

He got off my car and then stated,” Well have a safe flight. And do me a favor.”

I looked at him through the open driver side window, waiting for him to continue. He continued,” Call me when you get back.”
I nodded cheerfully,” Will do.”

He rested his hands on the window seal and leaned inside the car to kiss me lightly. I smiled against him lips as his cologne filled my car. He sent one more smile my way and let me drive off towards the airport.

Before I knew it, it was already ten thirty and I was climbing into the cabin. I waved at Chandler who was one of the other flight attendants on the plane, but the others, I had no idea who they were. Chandler and I sat down and buckled up as the plane began to take off.

He said,” I have a bone to pick with you!”

I looked at him weirdly and asked,” What did I do?”

He frowned,” You didn’t even tell me that Zak Bagans and you were an item.”

I froze. We weren’t an item. Were we? No we couldn’t be. I whispered,” did paparazzi catch
or something?”

He laughed,” Honey, he ain’t that famous! But now I know something is up!”

I groaned at his trick.

He clapped happily and waited for me to spill what had happened on my birthday and most likely earlier. I rolled my eyes and stated,” Well Mackenzie came over for my birthday and we went to the Ghost bar. And Zak just happened to be there.”

He tilted his head and murmured,” That can’t be all.”

I chuckled,” We danced and stuff.”

He kept eyeing me. What I said next made me feel like I was back in high school gushing about a boy. I exclaimed quietly,” and we made out on the dance floor!”

He grinned at my statement,” Yay! Well are you going to see him again or was it just a onetime thing?”

I gave Chandler a dirty look when he mentioned a onetime thing,” You know I don’t do one night stands or whatever you call them.”

He pointed out,” But you haven’t had a significant someone for a pretty long time…”

I explained,” It’s just too hard… well anyways I saw him right before this flight. We went out to dinner and we discussed that when I get back that I get to join one of his paranormal investigations.”

Chandler replied,” Oh that right, you have that degree huh?”

I nodded.

Chandler grinned once more at me,” I’m happy for you for getting your chance to be happy.”

I found myself smiling at his remark. Then I asked,” But what if the traveling between both of our jobs just proves to be too much?”

Chandler replied optimistically,” Who said you aren’t going to be traveling with him to all
those haunted places?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chandler
Tell me what you think!. Lets get a few more suscribers!