Stolen Seconds

Nine: Same Lifestyles

She exclaimed,” Oh hey! How are you!?”

I nodded as I paced in my living room,” I’m pretty good, how about you?”

She replied,” I’m alright. I’m just getting everything ready for tonight.”

I questioned,” What’s tonight?”

She groaned,” I got called in to a red eye flight and there isn’t another flight back to Vegas from Tennessee for a couple days.”

I stated, “Oh that kind of sucks. Well what are you doing till then?”

She answered, “nothing really, why?”

I asked,” Well I was wondering if you wanted to go out to lunch?”

She apologized, “I’m sorry, I literally just got done eating Mac n Cheese. How about dinner?”

I frowned when she said she was sorry, until I heard ‘How about dinner?’

I exclaimed,” Sure where do you want to go?”

She replied,” I don’t care. You can pick.”

I stated,” Okay so meet me at the Florida café Cuban Bar and grill around 7?”

She said happily, “Alright then. See you there Zak!”

I sat at one of the tables and kept finding myself staring at my watch. What if she couldn’t find the restaurant? I know a lot people have a hard time finding it. I sighed at my overreacting. I really need to learn to calm myself sometimes.

I looked out the window to see a Mustang pull up. I thought to myself, probably some old dude trying to look cool. Then I saw Ginny getting out of the mustang in really dressy/professional clothing. I smirked at her when she walked through the door. She spoke a word with the waitress who pointed over to me. I waved her over.

She slipped into the seat across from me and smiled,” Hi.”

Her innocent smile was contagious. I joked,” You didn’t have to get all dressed up for me!”
She winked,” Oh my bad. I thought you seemed to like me in my work clothes.”

I pointed at her,” You do have a point there.”

We laughed and then a waitress interrupted our laughing session. Both Ginny and I ordered cokes. I watched Ginny’s facial expression as she mulled over the menu. I was taking it that she was picky with food considering any usual customer could have picked what kind of Cuban food they wanted.

I stated,” The American food is on the last page.”

She chuckled but didn’t look up from the menu as she flipped it to the last page.

She finally ordered chicken strips. She sighed as she handed the menu back to the waitress as if she was embarrassed by her food choice.

I put my elbows on the table and rested my chin on my fists,” So tell me why someone like you is still single?”

She looked up at me and replied,” Same question for you, except you’re a little older than me. It’s not that I don’t have time for a relationship. I just don’t have time for someone who doesn’t understand that I’m traveling to make money.”

I agreed,” I know exactly what you mean! You travel for work and I travel for a hobby that ended up being my job.”

She added,” it’s so much easier if you had some…”

I interrupted,” Had someone who understood what you were doing.”

Our eyes connected as I finished her sentence. I could just feel the electricity flowing. I could see myself with this girl. She understood my lifestyle more than I knew and I understood hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!! Thanks to the one suscriber! Lets get more! (:

Ginny's hair at the restaurant
Ginny's work outfit
Zak Bagans outfit