Stolen Seconds

Fifteen: Angry Enough to Know How I Feel

What a great family past, huh? I looked up at the sky and thought oh my god we still have like two hours before sunset and I’m just supposed to sit here? I put my headphones in my ears and scrolled down on my music player on my phone. I pressed play on the song Raised by the Wolves by Falling in Reverse. I guess I had a whole bunch of time to ‘get pumped’ for the lockdown.

Usually new episodes were to be shown on Friday but the Travel Channel wanted this episode shown this Saturday, so it was a bit rushed and complicated since today was Thursday. My phone ran which caused the song to change. I took out the headphones and answered,” Hello?”

Nick asked,” Hey can you bring our first aid kit inside for us?”

I said I would and hung up. I slid my phone into my back pocket and grabbed the first aid kit. I walked into the front door of the bed and breakfast and asked the lady at the desk,” Do you know where the paranormal investigators are?”

She smiled politely and stated,” Go down that flight of stairs and they are in the basement that is connected to the old opening of the cave.”

I followed her directions and saw the guys in an area with a lot of wood around them. I asked annoyed,” What did you guys do now?”

Aaron choked out while laughing,” The opening to cave is closed down and Zak was determined to try and get in and he got himself with a rusty nail.”

I looked ahead of me to see Zak lifting up his shirt showing nick. I suddenly felt a tiny bit uncomfortable. Well actually I don’t even know if you could call it that. I had seen him without his shirt on TV but it’s nothing like seeing it in person.

Of course his cut would have to be right in the middle of his toned stomach. They stopped filming and Zak took his shirt off. I could feel the fan in me getting ready to spring out so I bit my tongue and tried to stare at the floor.

Zak asked,” Ginny can I have the first aid kit?”

I looked down at my left hand still clenching the handle. Great, I was going to have to face his abs and muscles and not try to be a creeper by being mesmerized by them. I took a deep breath and walked over to him. I opened the first aid kit for whatever he needed to grab.

He kind of smirked when we made eye contact but then went to work on cleaning the cut and putting a band aid on. The guy that worked at the Old Lemp Mansion joked,” Nice little nurse you have.”

I frowned and thought, um I’m no nurse, and I’m just one of the investigators you haven’t met yet, ass. I ignored his comment and asked Zak,” You good?”

He nodded so I closed the kit. I began to walk back up the stairs and I heard the guy asked,” man is she single?”

I murmured sarcastically,” That’s totally appropriate for work.”

Zak seemed angry when he answered his question,” As a matter of fact, she isn’t, sorry.”

I smiled to myself as I finished climbing the stairs and back out to the van once again. I went onto Twitter on my phone and tweeted,” in a few hours I will be locked down with @Zak_bagans, @Aarongoodwin, and @nickgroff. Yay! Finally getting to use my parapsychology degree!”

When I saw all three guys walking towards the van I jumped up and grabbed a voice recorder and exclaimed,” Are we ready to go!?”

Aaron shook his head,” We still have at least an hour and a half before sunset so Nick and I are going to do a few more camera shoots. Do you think you can take Zak to an urgent care or something for a tetanus shot? He’s freaking out.”

I nodded,” Yeah I can do that. Hopefully they aren’t busy though.”

Zak got into the passenger seat and I got into the driver seat. I wasn’t used to driving big vans so I stated,” I promise I will try to not kill us. I’m a better driver in small cars like my mustang.”
He snorted.

We got in and out of the Urgent Care unusually fast. I winked,” maybe I should have gave you the shot since I’m a nurse you know?”

He groaned,” That guy pissed me off!”

I agreed,” That was inappropriate.”

I wanted to say something about how he said I wasn’t single but I didn’t know if I should.

He mocked,” Man is she single?”
He made an irritated sound and then chuckled.

I practically begged inside my head for him to say something about his angry comment towards the guy. Maybe he thought I hadn’t heard him?

We got back to the Lemp Mansion and he still hadn’t said anything else. He actually played his music in his headphones to get pumped for the lockdown.

~Zak’s POV~

After I mocked the guy the van had became silent. I put my headphones in to get ready for the lockdown. I played Love Comes Again by Tiёsto. I moved by head to the beat and just watched the road ahead of me.

The song was coming to an end and I could see that we were getting closer to the Lemp Mansion.

“You’ve got to believe that
love comes again
just when I’ve broken down I found
love can come again.”


Just as that lyric came out of my headphones I found myself looking at the Blonde girl who I had met on an airplane. She really was beautiful and had great personality. I could see a future in those greenish blue eyes. And I wasn’t one to picture having a future and a life like Nick has. I didn’t want to rush things with her but I guess I wasn’t being to faithful to that. The more I thought about that, the more I didn’t care if I showed my feelings more.