Stolen Seconds

Twenty One: Kissing and Laughter Lead to Blushing

I got back into my room and thought, wait I didn’t bring anything dressy. I would have to go shopping. I hurried in and out of the shower. I changed into a pair of dark blue jeans, a black shirt, and black vans. I brushed my wet hair and decided to just let it air dry. I put my phone, wallet, key, and a water bottle in my purse and headed out into the hallway at noon.

As I was passing Nick and Aaron’s door they both came out with their bags. I waved to them,” I’ll see you guys in a week or two! Have a safe flight!”

Nick asked,” Where are you going?”

I exclaimed,” Shopping!”
Aaron started laughing.

I took a taxi to the nearest mall and found myself in Windsor; the dress store. I walked around the store trying on some evening dresses but then I moved to the tight black skirts that you can tuck shirts in. I looked around the store for a couple more minutes and finally found my outfit and shoes.

I walked around the mall for a little bit more while I waited for a taxi to come and bring me back to the hotel. I rushed into my hotel room with my bags at my sides. I threw the bags on the bed while I turned on my straightener. I was going to straighten my hair but make some waves in my hair.

I did my hair and makeup before I got dressed. I looked at my phone and it was 4:30. I walked into my room and put on my brown shirt and slipped into the tight black skirt, remembering to tuck the shirt in. I checked my reflection once more and I decided to clip some of my hair back.

I put on my heels while I sat on the bed. I looked down at my natural nails and it made me decide to do my nails real quick. Since I had taken a course on nails in Cosmetology I could do my nails pretty quick. At the mall though I had bought these stickers that when your peel it off your nails it leaves the print on the nail. So I grabbed a tan polish and painted my nails and then once they were dry I stuck on a lacey print and peeled it off.

I smiled at my reflection as I walked past the small mirror on the wall. I made my way to the lobby a little earlier than five. But I didn’t mind waiting.

~Zak’s POV~

I took a couple deep breaths as I walked down the hallway to the lobby. I was actually nervous for a date and that’s how I knew something was different with her. When I got out of the elevator I saw that the lobby was actually crowded. Great, just what I need.

I looked around all the people and saw a blonde haired girl standing in right in the middle of all the commotion. I moved through the crowd more drifting towards Ginny. She turned around and it literally felt like my heart had just stopped.

She looked absolutely stunning. She was wearing heels so we were the exact height. When she caught my eye through the crowd she smiled. I felt like no one else was there, it was just her and I. Then I let my eyes wander for a second and her legs looked great. If it were the right time I would skip the date and take her to my room. But I wanted to wait with her.

I grabbed her hand and we walked out of the crowded lobby. She asked,” So what are we doing tonight?”

I grinned,” Well we’re going to dinner and then we are just going to explore Missouri.”
She laughed, “Alright.”

I had rented a car for our date so we didn’t have to walk everywhere or take cabs. In front of
the hotel was a Black Honda Civic. Ginny arched her eyebrow,” Zak’s going to drive a civic? Sure you don’t want me to drive?”

I rolled my eyes and laughed,” Nah, I got this. I’ll make this car look manly.”

She laughed and her laugh made me shiver. I could listen to her laugh any day and just fall in love with her laugh. It was cute and sexy at the same time.

She slid into the passenger seat just as I was starting the car. She rested her elbow on the console and I did the same with mine. It wasn’t dark yet but the street lights were on and they made her eyes light up. I slipped my right hand into her left hand and found myself relaxing as we made our way to a place right by the Gateway Arch.

I stopped the car on the side of the road across the water from the Arch. She watched me get out of the car and then she got out of the car. I could see her slightly confused expression as she climbed out of the car like a celebrity would. I asked a stranger who was walking by,” Excuse me, sir? Can you take a picture of us?”

The guy smiled, “Sure can.”

I pulled her into me and I wrapped my arms around her waist right in front of the sunset, the water, and the arch. We both smiled at the camera. Then we took another picture of us kissing and we thanked the stranger.

Finally we made our way to Sybil’s Saint James restaurant. The restaurant was fancy but it had a homey feeling to it. We decided on a table outside on the country looking porch. The little purple candle holders and the tea lights on the front lawn were the only things giving out light. It was quite Romantic.

I looked up from my menu and peered at her over my menu. She was beautiful in every way. Watching her reminded me to waking up with her in my arms this morning. I woke up about an hour before her and just watched her sleep innocently. She was cuddled into me and I’m not going to lie; I was getting hot, Like in temperature wise. She decided on wearing warm clothes so I had taken off my shirt to cool myself down.

I smiled at her but then looked back at my menu. I wondered if she remembered our conversation from last night. I had patted the empty bedside for her to lie down. She laid down but then after turning off the light she muttered,” Zak, I don’t want to get hurt.”

I grabbed her hand and promised,” Ginny Hart I won’t hurt you. I have no desire to what so ever. You’re… You’re special to me; more special than anyone I’ve ever been with. I promise you, I will not hurt you.”


When she scooted closer to me, I knew she believed me. I smiled at the picture of us lying there together and happy. I wasn’t expecting her to actually sleep there but I was hoping for it. I was going to plan any to do any sneaky moves on her because I respected her.

“Hello, is Zak in there?”

I blinked and made a weird face,” huh?”

Ginny chuckled at me and said,” You’ve got a fan.”

I looked to my right and sure enough there was group of people around our table. Of course our dinner would be interrupted. Don’t get me wrong, I love my fans and I’m so thankful to have them. But this was just a bad time. I smiled at the group of people and said,” Hey guys. How are all of you?”

One blubbering girl exclaimed,” Great now actually!”

One of the guys asked,” Can we get a picture with you?”

An elder woman stated, “I think we just interrupted his date. I’m sorry dear.”

So this group was a whole family. They parents were around fifty and the rest of the people were teenagers except for one girl who was probably early twenties. The early twenties girl looked passed me to Ginny as she said,” I know her too. She modeled the bikini I bought for summer. You’re a Victoria Secret model right?”

I looked over my shoulder at Ginny to see her smile,” Yeah I am.”

The girl looked back at her parents and proclaimed,” Let’s get a picture with her too!”

I walked behind Ginny’s chair and pulled it out for her to get out of the seat. We stood in the
middle of the group as a waiter took our picture. They apologized twice for interrupting the date but Ginny and I both said no worries.

We both sat back down and I joked,” look how famous you are! All because we’re out on a
date.”

I smiled slyly at her and she laughed and replied sarcastically “Oh yes. That’s it!”

I grabbed her hand from across the table and nodded,” You really look beautiful tonight. I mean you always do but just wow.”

She blushed and tried to pull her hand away so she could cover up the blush. When she couldn’t get her hand back she put her head down so her hair would cover it.

When she thought her natural color had gone away she looked back at me with a smile. I tried to start a conversation,” What did you do today?”

She motioned towards her outfit,” I went shopping!”

I laughed,” I hate going to malls. There always too crowded. And it has Hollister and the other faggish clothing lines.”

She looked like she was offended,” Oh seriously? That sucks I guess you don’t get my present…”

I cocked my head,” You didn’t?”

She laughed,” Yea, I didn’t.”

I sighed, “Okay good. Cause I would have had to wear whatever you got me because I couldn’t stand you being butt hurt over me not wearing it.”

She widened her eyes,” Oh butt hurt, huh!?”

I burst out laughing at her expression and spit out,” I’m kidding! Only kidding!”

She added,” don’t tempt me mister or I will drag you into Hollister and make you wear a pink palm tree shirt.”

I pleaded,” Oh please no!”

Then we both found ourselves giggling at our stupid selves.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kind of just a filler but some of it will come back later in the story.
Ginny's date outfit
Ginny's nails
Ginny's hair