Stolen Seconds

Twenty Two: Just a Kiss Could Make You Fall in Love

"Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch in the fire burning so bright
And I don't want to mess this thing up
I don't want to push too far
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life"


~Ginny’s POV~

I swung my purse around as we walked down the sidewalk to the Civic. I was curious of what we were going to do now. Zak seemed like he had this whole night planned but who knows. I put my hand on the handle of the car and he kept walking past the car. I cocked my head to the side confused.

He chuckled, “You comin?”

I gasped,” oh!”

I ran after him in my heels. I caught up to him pretty quick and I just followed him to where his destination was. It was getting darker and we were walking on the sidewalk that you would see in a romance movie. The street lights were on and they had the plants with flowers and the stars were shining.

Zak motioned for me to go down a little gravel path between the trees. I looked at him like he was crazy and asked,” You’re not going to murder me down there?”

He winked, “No way.”

I slapped him on the arm and I reached for his hand so I wouldn’t kill myself walking on the unsteady gravel in heels. We got to a point where he stepped in front of me. He stated,” Okay close your eyes. Don’t worry about falling because I got you.”

I nodded and then closed my eyes. I felt his lips touch mine softly and then we started walking again. I heard his footsteps cease and I could feel his warmth right beside me. I waited there thinking, now what?

He whispered,” Okay open your eyes.”

I opened my eyes and was in awe. There was a blanket on the grass right next to the little lake with two champagne glasses awaiting us. I looked around more and saw that all the trees directly around us had little blue string lights in them. I wanted to cry, it was that sweet. Nobody had got that into detail in planning a date with me. It means a lot.

I looked up to the sky and from where we were we could see millions of stars. I put my hand to my mouth in surprise. This whole scene was utterly beautiful. He asked,” What do you think?”

I spaced out my words,” You…. Did… this…?”

He laughed at me and replied,” of course I did. Why did you think I made you wait till five?”

I mumbled into my hands,” It’s beautiful!”
He grinned,” I knew you’d like it!”

I followed him to the blanket and sat down next to him. Due to my silence He questioned,” What’s on your mind?”

I smiled,” I just… Never had anyone do something like this for me.”

He interrupted,” I told you that you were more special to me than you think.”

Once again there I went blushing up a storm. God was he sweet. He smiled at me and I smiled back with my entire mite. I was truly happy. In fact; I really don’t think I’ve ever been this happy with how my life was.

There was a little picnic basket and out of it, Zak pulled two bottles of Corona. He chuckled,” Sorry no champagne just glasses for it.”

I stated,” beer’s better anyways!”

Zak nodded,” That’s what I thought to.”

He poured the beer in glasses and I took my glass from him. He started a toast as he lifted his glass,” To ghost hunting and happiness.”

I smiled as I added,” And to airplanes.”
He agreed,” Cheers!”

We clacked our glasses together and then both took a drink. I looked up at all the stars and began trying to count how many there were. But like any other time I lost count. We sat there in the quiet for a little bit without talking just taking in the scene around us.

He broke the silence,” Are you excited about going to Ireland soon?”
I looked at him and he was focusing on his phone.

I replied,” Yea I am. Ireland’s really pretty.”
He questioned,” You’ve been there?”

I chuckled, “Your talking to a model and a flight attendant. I’ve practically been everywhere.”

He didn’t say anything so I peeked over his shoulder and saw that he was on Twitter. I exclaimed,” Are you really on Twitter?”

He smiled a crooked smile and hid his phone,” What!? No!”

I sat on my knees trying to get his phone,” Lies!”

He teased me with his phone so I tried to grab it from him one more time but I lost balance and fell right on top of him. He gasped with a sudden weight on his chest. I wasn’t heavy but he just wasn’t expecting me to fall on him.

We both started laughing. Our faces were close to each other’s and Zak brushed a piece of my hair behind me ear.

I smiled and began to climb off of Zak. He sat up and grabbed my arm lightly to prevent me from moving. He placed his free hand on the back of my head and kissed me. I stopped trying to get up and I pulled him closer to me.

He really was a good kisser. His kiss was passionate but had some fire in it. We unlocked our lips and then I restarted to get off of Zak. Starting to rethink wearing heels; I flopped right next to him and unhooked my heels. He stood up and walked to the edge of the water. After taking off my heels I joined him.

I semi jogged over to him and I definitely wasn’t prepared for what happened next. I got closer to him and he splashed me with a handful of water. “Hey!!” I yelled at him.

He pointed,” Hay is for horses Ginny. I thought you would know that!”

I growled as I ran into the shallow part of the lake and begin sending a whole bunch of water at him. I felt like a little kid again. I guess that’s another thing that I like about being with Zak. We can act like fools or adults and still be attracted to each other.

I challenged,” Now you force me to mess up your shark fin.”

He began to back up; not wanting to continue with the water fight,” Okay I surrender. Don’t mess up my hair.”

I stood up straight and arched my eyebrow,” really that’s all it took?”
He grinned and nodded.

I shook my head and treaded out of the water. He laughed as I tried to pass him. He intertwined both of our hands and we just stood on the lake side.

He pulled my arms up to wrap around his neck. I struggled to fully wrap my arms around his neck since I was no longer wearing heels. He lifted me up so I was standing tip toed on his shoes. I put my head on his shoulder and he kissed my forehead. I stated,” Thanks for this amazing date.”

He replied softly, “Anything for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a kiss by Lady A.

The trees look like this