Stolen Seconds

Four: A Lot of Things Seem Different in Person

Wow four and a half hours went by quickly. I murmured to Nick,” Way to be a Jackass.”

Nick laughed,” Why are you getting butt hurt so easily Zak?”

I shrugged but I knew why.

~Ginny’s POV~

Seeing Nick Groff’s note in my book was funny. My, was Zak different in person than on the show. He always seemed energetic and funny. But now he just seems way to quiet. I walked back to my seat and put my seat belt on and waited to land in West Virginia.

Seeing that I had another flight to catch after landing so I could go back to Vegas, I was going to leave the plane before most of the passengers. My younger brother Brady was graduating high school tomorrow so I had to be there. I stepped into the bathroom so I could change into street clothes since the next flight I wasn’t one of the flight attendants.

I stepped out of the bathroom in Rebel Jeans and a white lacey top. I still had my blue high heels on because I didn’t bring any other shoes. Mackenzie smiled at me as I still helped some elderly passengers grab their bags from the overhead storage. Elaina laughed,” God you just made yourself more irresistible for Mr. Bagans.”

I rolled my eyes at her. I noticed that the Ghost Adventures Crew was not too far from where I was standing. They were in hearing range. I overheard Zak ask out loud to himself,” Are those Rebel jeans?”

Aaron laughed,” well not only is it that noticeable that you’re staring at her ass but you also know what brand her jeans are?”

Zak Chuckled,” I would recognize them considering I wear Rebel clothing dipshit!”

Elaina eyed me after also hearing Zak and Aaron. I winked at her and turn around,” They actually are Rebel jeans. You probably noticed from the butt pockets huh?”

I turned back around as Zak let his jaw drop. Mackenzie laughed along with Elaina and I. Mackenzie smiled at me and stated,” I’ll call you when I get back to Vegas because we are going clubbing.”

She made sure she whispered clubbing. I wasn’t sure why but she did. I nodded, grabbed my bag, and left the airplane.

After five more hours on another plane I finally arrived back in Vegas. I decided against going to my penthouse at the Palms. I decided to just go straight to my parent’s house. I pulled out my Droid X2 and texted my brother saying I was on my way over.

I walked away from my 2011 Black Mustang and into the house. My brother was sitting on the floor in front of the TV lifting some weights. He was watching Ghost Adventures.

He muttered,” Jesus Christ, that Zak guy is a fag! Zak Fagan!”

I crossed my arms,” if you don’t like him why are you watching his show?”

He froze and then stuttered,” Well it’s the only thing on and it helps me understand stuff about your pointless degree.”

I questioned,” Excuse me?”

Our dad walked in and said,” You heard him. You have a pointless degree. You could have gone to college to be a doctor and you come out of college with a degree you can’t get a job with.”

Oh here we go again. I added,” Don’t forget that I made a lot of money the first few years after high school thanks to modeling and with my cosmetology license, thank you.”

He shook his head at my attempts at adding to my defense. He continued,” Not to mention the fact that you’re potential is being wasted serving people on planes.”

I acted like I was offended,” I’m sorry but when did you get the time to see the whole world?”

My mother walked out and put her hand on her hip,” Adam, that’s enough. We hear your complaints every time Ginny comes around and you act like you don’t know why she barely ever comes around.”

My dad stated,” I’m just stating the truth.”

I looked from my dad to my mom. If I had to pick a parent in which I looked more like I would say my mom. She had the flawless blonde hair, the model cheek bones (which I inherited), with the green eyes. The only things I got from my dad were my smarts, the blue eyes, and my attitude. Well technically my eyes were a complete mix of my mother and fathers.

I picked up my keys from the island in the kitchen and said,” Well I just came here to check on what time I had to be at Brady’s graduation.”
My mom answered,” it’s at three, honey.”

My dad asked her quietly thinking I couldn’t hear him,” Ashley, do even think she will show up? She’ll probably be busy hunting things that don’t exist.”

I asked,” Like maybe supporting your child no matter what they chose to do with their life even if it’s not the way you want it to end up? Yea, you’re right, it doesn’t exist. No need to hunt, I already found the evidence right here.”

I headed towards the door and waved,” See you tomorrow mom and Brady.”