Stolen Seconds

Six: Long Time No See

~Ginny’s POV~

I arrived at my penthouse after my brother’s graduation planning just to relax. It’s funny how his graduation was the same day as my twenty fifth birthday, yet no one even said happy birthday. Nice family, huh?

I opened the door to find Mackenzie in it as she yelled,” Happy Birthday!!”

I arched my eyebrow,” how did you get in?”

She threw her jacket on the couch and stated,” Well the manager remembered me coming here with you a few times and I told him how I wanted to surprise you for your birthday so he had a maid let me in.”

I chuckled,” Well that’s safe.”
She smiled slyly.

I crossed my arms,” what are you planning?”

She gasped,” I told you that we were going to go clubbing when I got back, didn’t I!?”

I put my hand to my forehead. I had totally forgotten. There went my night to just relax. She exclaimed as she pulled up a bag from one of the shops from the Venetian,” I even bought you an outfit! Go put it on!”

I stood in bathroom looking at myself in the mirror with Mackenzie standing behind me. I murmured,” I look like a whore.”

Mackenzie shook her head,” No you don’t! You look sexy!”

I rolled my eyes and curled my hair loosely and did simple makeup.

Since I lived at the Palms Hotel we walked to the elevator with our arms linked to go to the Ghost Bar. By the time we got close to the floor where the bar/club was we could hear the music bumping. The elevator doors opened and we were met by the smell of alcohol and the sight of dancers. I whispered in her ear,” Want a drink?”

She nodded and I left to go straight to the bar. The bartender shouted,” What can I get you!?”

I answered,” a vodka tonic and a cherry Martini.”

The song that was beating in my ears was Lights (the bassnector remix) by Ellie Goulding. I went out to the dance floor and found Mackenzie. I handed her the martini and we kinda danced while we sipped on our drinks. We found ourselves people watching.

Mackenzie gasped. I looked over at surprised at her sudden freak out. I asked,” what!?”

She smiled,” No joke, That Zak Bagans guy is here!”

I felt myself getting nervous,” No he isn’t. You’re just messing with me. I’m going to get a refill, okay?”

I took a deep breath and sat at the green and white bar. The bartender refilled my glass. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me,” Mind if I join you?”

I stiffened and turned my head with a clueless look. My eyes locked with Zak Bagans. I nodded, quickly turning my head away from him and smiled to myself. I held my drink out so he could knock his glass against mine. I stated, “Happy birthday, by the way.”

He chuckled,” Thanks. Do I even want to know how you know that?”

I realized that he probably thought I was a stalker so I cover my tracks,” I’m not trying to come off as creepy. It’s just that when I was in college, one of our assignments was to find someone who had a close birthday to us that was an inspiration.”

He pointed to his chest,” And I was yours?”

I nodded,” I have a degree in parapsychology.”

He snapped his eyes to mine and asked,” You?”

I laughed, “Hence why I was reading your book. I know all about what you do on that show. We also share the same birthday.”

He chuckled, “Oh well happy birthday to you to!”
I nodded, “Thank you.”

I added with a smile,” You’re a lot more talkative than on the plane.”

He looked embarrassed,” yeah, about that…”

I pointed out,” I think I like you like this instead of being quiet.”

He questioned, “Like me?”

I smiled,” Well yeah. On Aaron’s Vblogs you have such a personality and it’s nice to see it come out instead of being super quiet and awkward.”

He smiled at me.

He asked,” Want to dance?”