Status: done

For the Love of Saskatoon

Christmas Eve

“Everyone, Michaela and I have an announcement to make,” I told our families that were gathered in my home tonight for Christmas Eve dinner.
“Colby and I are getting married,” my fiancé told them. Our moms rushed over and gave each of us a big hug and kiss before gushing over how pretty the ring was. Our dads came to shake my hand and kiss my future wife’s cheek. Our brothers and sisters came over and gave us some hugs before all the women in the house decided to go talk about the proposal in the kitchen, where dinner was almost done.
“I thought you were going to do it tonight, in front of the family?” Ed, Mick’s father, asked me as the ladies all got into the kitchen.
“Well, sir, we want to make a family as soon as possible, so I thought the sooner we get married, the sooner we can have a family.”
“Point taken,” he laughed knowing that we were having sex; he knew we were having sex in high school too. He said as long as we were committed to only one another that he approved. “I’m just glad that she’s happy.”
“She’s in good hands with my boy, Ed,” my dad said as he wrapped his arm around my head.
“I’m sure she has her bags already for moving in here, but what about Toronto? Is she going with you?”
“We will be discussing that either tonight or over breakfast tomorrow, sir,” I replied.
“Enough of the sir, I’m Dad. You’ve known me and my family long enough anyways.” I smiled and shook hands with Ed.