Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 16: Never Trust A Weatherman

Kane’s POV

I walked hand in hand with her to my car. She looked so happy to be out in the snow. I couldn’t believe that some guy had hurt her and I wasn’t there to prevent that. I could never forgive myself for her getting hurt. I should have been there to help her. I was thinking about it until she interrupted my thoughts.

“Whatcha thinking about?” She asked squeezing my hand.

“Nothing” I lied and lifting our hands up and kissing her hand. She smiled but then looked at me seriously.

“You better not be thinking about the whole club incident”

“How can I not think about it!? I should have been there to protect you! I should have never left your side! You got hurt because of me” I said angry with myself.

“Patrick Kane! It is not your fault!” She said sharply.

“We had no idea this was going to happen! You can’t be glued to my side for the rest of my life. It’s over now so just forget about it!” She said turning the other way.

I knew she was still a little shaken up about it, so I decided to drop the conversation knowing better than to start a fight. I opened the car door for her and she slid in. I went around to the driver seat and hopped in and started the car. I started driving to Sharpie’s house and noticed Kelsey looking up to the sky.

“I love you Kelsey” I surprised even myself by saying it.

She whipped her head to look at me with wide eyes. Then slowly she broke out into one of her amazing grins.

“ I love you too Patrick.” She said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I pouted at her and tried to kiss her lips.

“Nuhhh uhhh! Keep your eyes on the road!” She said with a smirk.

Kelsey’s POV

We arrived at Sharpie’s house a little while later and the snow was still falling calmly over us. We got out of the car and Patrick gave me a kiss and took my hand. We walked up to Sharpies door and I started to ring the doorbell like crazy.

“I’M COMING!” Sharp yelled and opened the door.

“KELSEY!!” He yelled picking me up and spinning me around.

I let out a small scream as my foot his Patrick in the stomach.

“Oooof” Patrick let out as Sharpie put me down.

“Oops sorry man” Sharp said patting Patrick’s back and leading us inside.

“Sorry I kicked you.” I giggled taking off my coat and putting it in the coat closet.

“KELSEYYY” I heard Emma shriek from somewhere inside the house.

I braced myself for the attack and laughed when she finally embraced me in a hug.

“I’m so glad you’re ok!” She said kissing my forehead.

“I’ve missed you Em! But I guess you already replaced me with Mr Patrick Sharp.” I said wiggling my eyebrows at her.

“There’s nothing going on between us” She said blushing a bright red.

“Oh sure there’s not! I’m going to go say hi to the rest of the guys” I said going to the living room.

“Oh my god Kelsey!” Seabrook said leaping off the couch and tripping over poor Hjalmarsson’s legs.

He fell face first onto the floor. I was cracking up as he got up and gave me another spinning hug. This time I made sure that I didn’t kick anyone.

“Ahhhh I’ve missed you big brother!” I said resting my head on his shoulder.

“Don’t ever do that to us again” He said looking at me.

“OK ok I won’t! Even though its not even my fault! I didn‘t plan on getting kidnapped.”

I went around to all the hockey players giving them hugs and they all told me how glad they were to have me back.

We all sat down on the couch to listen to Steeger’s crazy stories. I sat on Patrick’s lap and he kissed my forehead. I kissed him back on the lips.

“Did you guys finallydo it or something?” Burish asked interrupting Steegie’s story.

“Excuse me?!” I said choking on my tortilla chip

“You guys are so lovey dovey, so I was just wondering!” Burish said shrugging his shoulders.

I don’t know who was more red, me or Patrick.

“Hey! Let Steeger finish his story!” Hjalmarsson butted in.

“Yeah Burish! Let me finish my damn story!” Steeger yelled.

I gave Hjalmarsson a thank you look and he returned it with a smile. All of the sudden a really snowy, pissed looking Johnny Toews came stomping through the door.

“It’s a frickin blizzard out there!!!” He shrieked throwing his hat on the floor.

We all raced to the window and sure it was. The wind was howling and snow was flying everywhere. You could barely see anything.

“Niemi turn on the news!” Kopy yelled.

Niemi grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. We all saw the big headline Chicago Blizzard. How could it have gotten so bad in such a short period of time! The wind was picking up speed and we all looked nervously at each other. Toews plunked down on the couch next to me.

“So I heard I made you a nervous wreck.” I said with a smirk.

“Yeah, you did. Glad you’re ok” He said bumping my shoulder.

“AWWWW I KNEW YOU ALWAYS LOVED ME TAZER!!” I screamed jumping out of Patrick’s lap to give the captain some love. He tried pulling me off him but I had him in a death hug. Then the lights started flickering. I let go of Toews and someone started screaming frantically like a girl.

“WHO THE HELL IS SCREAMING!?” Seabrook bellowed.

“Sorry” Steeger said as we all looked at him strangely.

Weatherman- We advise you to stay indoors and only go out onto the streets if it’s an emergency. There have also been many power outages since the storm has begun. This is only the beginning and the worst is yet to come, so I repeat stay indoors for safety…

And with that the power went out. So much for flurries... I guess you can never trust a weatherman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn this mibba crash -.-