Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 17: The Dark Hurts!

Kelsey’s POV

It was pitch black inside Sharpie’s house and I was trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness. I felt Johnny move beside me.

“Tazer where the hell are you?” I said reaching my hands out blindly.

I felt my hand smack something that felt like flesh. I continued to touch it was figured out it was a face.

“Kels that’s my face” Toews growled.

“Oops my bad” I said giving him a light smack on the cheek.

The other guys were also trying to figure out where everything was. I heard shouting and stumbling and the wind outside was still howling.

“Kels where are you!?” I heard Patrick laugh.

“Hold on babe! I’m gonna try to find you!” I said getting up as Toews got up too.

I grabbed onto Toews shirt just in case I tripped over something. He started walking and I followed behind him still holding onto his shirt.

“DID ANYONE FIND A FLASHLIGHT OR A CANDLE!?” Sharp yelled.

“WTF DUDE! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO KNOW WHERE THEY ARE! IT’S YOUR HOUSE!” Seabrook yelled back.

Just then Tazer grunted and I felt him fly forward. Of course I was still holding onto his shirt so I went stumbling with him. I heard some glass shatter as I landed on his back.

“THAT BETTER NOT HAVE BEEN THE VASE MY MOTHER GAVE ME!” Sharp yelled.

I heard Toews grumbling about how he hated the dark and I heard someone else moan in pain. Then I felt someone trying to get up from under me and it wasn’t Toews.

“Who is this?” I asked touching another face

“Its Steeger Kels! You landed on my face!” He said

“Well it wasn’t my fault! Tazer’s the one who fell in the first place!”

I got up and prayed someone would find a flashlight soon because there was now glass on the floor.

“I FOUND A FLASHLIGHT!” I heard Emma scream

“Oh thank god!” I heard Sharp yell and then there was another crash as I heard him grunt and Emma scream.

“Owwwww! Sharpieeee! Get off me!” Emma whined

“Sorry! I tripped over the chair!” He said.

They both started giggling and I could tell Emma didn’t mind him landing on her.

“STOP FLIRTING AND JUST TURN ON THE DAMN FLASHLIGHT!” Seabrook yelled.

Emma finally turned it on and shined it to the living room. There was a table and chairs knocked over Toews was still laying on the floor near the broken vase and I sat on his back giggling. Patrick and Nemo were still sitting on the couch squinting at the light. Steeger was near the couch holding his nose. Kopy, Burish and Seabrook were standing by opened drawers still looking for flashlights or candles, and Hjalmarsson was trying to pick up the chairs that had fallen.

I got up off of Tazer’s back and ran over to the couch and sat in between Niemi and Patrick. I laughed as Toews got up and shot me a dirty look.

“Hey look I found tons of candles and matches!” Burish said happily.

We spent the next 30 minutes lighting candles around the house and clearing out the furniture from the living room. We pulled out pillows and blankets to the living room and we all sat there huddling close together since it was getting chilly.

“I’m Hungry! Do you think we could order pizza!?” Seabrook said.

“Yeah I doubt anyone is outside at the moment!” I said pointing to the window where the snow was still blowing around.

“I have like canned foods” Sharp said getting up and bringing back a whole bunch of canned foods and pop-tarts and a lot of junk food.

“Why do you even have so much junk food?” Emma asked.

“I don’t even know…” Sharp laughed putting an arm around her. I smiled and cuddled closer to my own boyfriend yawning.

“So it’s getting pretty late and I’m sure no one is leaving tonight because its not even possible with all the snow so you’re welcome to stay here I have 2 guest bedrooms, so you can kill yourselfs to get them!” He said pulling Emma up and running to his bedroom and slammed the door.

That’s when all hell broke loose. I shot up from Patrick’s side and grabbed a candle and sprinted to the nearest door and hoped it was a guest bedroom. I opened the door and saw that it was so I slammed the door and jumped into the bed. I was laughing hysterically as I heard all the guys shouting and doors slamming. I stopped laughing when my door opened and someone literally flew onto the bed.

“EXCUSE ME THIS BED IS TAKEN!” I said shoving the person onto the floor.

“Oww Kels! It’s just me!” Patrick said rubbing his back.

“Ohh sorry Patrick! You can come back in” I said laughing.

He got back into bed and we waited until everything calmed down and all you could hear was the wind still blowing outside.

“Goodnight Kels” He said kissing my head

“Goodnight Patrick” I said blowing out the candle and leaving us in a peaceful darkness.