‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Home

~JACOB’S POV
I sat up in bed with a start. My dream was still fresh in my head and I couldn’t get the girl from my subconscious out of my head. I had no idea who she was but I wanted to know.
Someone groaned to my left and wrapped herself around me. “What’s wrong?”
I glanced over and saw that her eyes were still mostly closed and I didn’t want to bug her. I brushed her long hair back and gently kissed her forehead. “It’s nothing. Go back to bed, honey.”
She yawned and nestled closer to me. “’Kay, ‘kay. I can’t wait to get to Forks tomorrow.”
I smiled down at her. “Yeah, we’ll be home in the morning. I love you, Daphney.”
I leaned back in the double bed of the hotel with my fiancé.

~ELIZABETH’S POV
“Jane hates me and I’m pretty sure that the rest of the Volturi does too. If I’m in Forks, I’m a giant target for them. It’s just not worth the trouble,” I said simply. I wanted to wallow in my misery and I didn’t want them to worry about me.
“Do you really think you can protect Lizzy?" Bella asked Erica, completely ignoring me. “I can shield her from Jane’s power but if the entire Volturi comes after her, we can’t hold against them.”
"I can try," the little witch answered. "I'm only eighteen but I have had my fair share of vampires. Besides, I can project her essence so any of Aro’s trackers believe her to be within the borders of the treaty."
Bella turned to look at me. She was smiling and looked excited. "Lizzy, this can totally work. Erica can protect you and if anything she can bring you back here in an instant. What do you say?"
I was actually... hopeful. This might actually work. I felt a slow smile spreading over my lips. "Okay, I'll go. I want Jacob back."
Bella led Erica and me to her car. It was a Ferrari F430- the 'after' car that Edward bought her. I loved her car and I was glad that she wasn’t a slow driver anymore because fast cars are just freakin’ amazing. Anyway, with Bells driving we were in Forks in a matter of a couple of hours.
"Aunt Lizzy!" Reneesme cried. She had my door flung open and was pulling me from the car into a tight hug. She was only about three but looked at least 15 with chestnut curls to her waist, almond-shaped brown eyes like Bella’s used to be, and the kind of body shape I’d wanted when I was 15. She looked even more mature than I’d seen her a month ago.
"Hey Nessie. Did ya miss me?"
"Of course I did. Come in, come in." She pulled my hand and dragged me into the Cullen's white mansion. It was amusing how much she reminded me of Alice.
Nothing but Reneesme had changed in the last few years since I’d been to the mansion. The giant flat screen on the far wall of the living room was playing a football game, five abandoned chess boards were spread out on the coffee table, and Edwards grand piano sat soundlessly on a rise in the floor.
When I walked in, all of the Cullens greeted me warmly. Esme hugged me and kissed my cheek. Alice was as thrilled as Nessie that I was back and it took nearly five minutes for her to let me go. Emmett through me into the air just for the hell of it and I smacked him with my shoe when he put me down.
"This is Erica,” I introduced when the noise level settled down again. “She's a witch, Alejandra's daughter. She's sort of like my body guard just in case Jane comes looking for me." Erica mumbled a small greeting and hovered in the corner of the room.
Rosalie hugged me and we both squealed like little kids. "Lizzy, I'm so glad you're back. I’ve only had Leah and now she's married."
I laughed. Being with Rose made it so much easier to put on a happy front. "Rosalie, you know that you're married too, right?"
"Well you'll join the club soon."
My smile fell a couple of inches. I was glad that Jasper couldn't read my emotions. "Uh, I'm not sure," I mumbled.
"What happened?!" Edward demanded. I winced. Crap, I’d almost forgotten that I wasn’t immune to his power. It was so obvious that he'd heard my thoughts. He knew why I was really in Forks. And he knew I was pregnant.
"It's nothing," I snapped. *Don't say a word*
"Who is that slut?!" a voice roared from outside. "He shows up with some random little bitch without even telling anyone? Who does he think he is, that stupid sonofabitch?!" I smiled at hearing Leah's very loud tirade. I just loved how everything could piss her off so easily.
"I'm sure it's nothing," Tony answered. He actually sounded happy to be fighting with his wife. I think he was just glad he was with her. That was how Jake and I normally were.
Leah was shaking when Tony opened the door for her. She was looking totally pissed off and I couldn't help but laugh at her. "Wow, Le, chillax."
"Liz?" She stopped shaking and smiled at me. "You are here. What are you doing here? I just saw Jac-"
"It's nothing," I cut her off. I froze, my eyes wide. So he was here with that whore of a witch. He was here and there was pretty much nothing I could do. My jaw clenched tightly and I could feel the tears that longed to escape.
Leah, being the best friend she is, knew that something was up. "Rosalie, come with us." They got on both sides of me and carried me outside. We were out of earshot of the house when Leah spun to face me. "Spill," was all she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm, not much to say but the thank you's i guess...
ducky17, darknesslovesme021, nniikkii18, tiffy9793, JustThinking
thanks all!!!
oh, ps, the Jacob's pov is all thanks to nniikkii18. so any suggestions you give will probably make it into the story......