‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Drinks and Distractions

"So what's the deal with you and Jacob?" Charlie asked when the cruiser pulled out of La Push.
I leaned forward in my chair so that my head was between his and Erica's- I was in the back because Erica looked a little freaked to be in the back of a police car and honestly, I was kinda used to it from my pre-Forks days. "What exactly did Billy tell you?" I asked carefully.
"He said that you two were taking a break from each other. He also said that I probably shouldn't bring it up."
"Oh, well, Jake has selective amnesia. He doesn't remember anything from the last few years that has to do with me," I explained easily although it hurt to talk about it.
Dad swiveled his head around toward me. "What?" he bellowed.
"Dad, watch the road," I screamed at him. He was swerving into the other lane and a truck was coming down the road. He quickly corrected himself and I continued, "Yeah, he doesn't remember me. But I swear I'm going to fix that."
One of the only crappy things about living in a town as small as Forks was the lack of any night life. Back when I was in Phoenix and a little bit of a slut, if I wanted a guy I’d invite him and a group to go out together and show him what he was missing. I was hoping that the same concept would work on Jacob even if he wasn’t as shallow as those other guys I’d dated.
"Bella," I said over the phone, "do you guys want to go to Port Angeles tonight?"
"I guess. For what?"
"Well, I was thinking about maybe a bar or club or something. Jealousy works when Cupid doesn't."
"Liz," she sighed.
"Bella," I mimicked. "Look, I'm going with Erica and Leah, Tony, Seth, Emma, Embry, Jake and… Daphney-“ I winced- “are going. It's going to be fun and I’m inviting you guys and Nessie."
"Elizabeth, I'm not taking my daughter to-"
"Would you relax? I need someone single to be my wingman. I would as Erica to do it but I think she and Seth are kinda crushing on each other. Can Nessie please come? I promise she won't do anything stupid."
"Fine. I'll see who else wants to go and we'll meet you there in half an hour."
"Good."
The seven Cullen kids, Erica, Leah, Tony, Seth, Jacob, his whore, and I all ended up going to a bar in Port Angeles. I was so grateful that Reneesme went because at least I wasn't the only one without a couple. She and I mostly hung out near the bar while I chugged drinks one after another. It was fun to be legally old enough to drink. Erica hung out with us off and on for the whole night but she always went back to be with Seth at the table.
After a while, the Nessie and I had a group of horny guys buying us more drinks that she didn’t even touch. I'm thinking that the boys were mostly hanging around us because my niece was such a hottie, although some of the boys were focusing their attentions on me. I laughed and flirted and every so often I could see Jake glancing our way. When I caught his eye I could see a longing but then his gaze would turn back to Daphney. I wanted so much to be with him but somehow that bitch kept stealing back his gaze.

*JACOB'S POV*
I actually had a pretty good time at the bar. Even with the smell of vampires. Daphney was sitting on my lap giggling and sipping down her drink. Every once in a while I would look up and see Lizzy with some other dudes. She looked like she was having fun but every time she would catch my eye, she’d give me a small, sad smile. I was on the verge of getting up a dozen times but Daphney always brought me back from that thought.
A fist would clench in my stomach whenever I saw Liz flirting. I recognized the feeling from when I still loved Bella. It was jealousy. Fuck, why the hell was I getting jealous when I had Daphney?
"Just talk to her," Edward muttered. "You're annoying me."
I shot him the bird. *Stop reading my mind, bloodsucker.*

*erica's pov*
I liked hanging out with Lizzy and I was really starting to like Seth, but part of me was constantly on high-alert. My eyes darted around and my nerves were hyper-sensitive, looking for danger even when Seth was making me giggle like a little girl. I like Seth but I had to control myself and watch out for Lizzy.
“Did your mom teach you to hunt vampires?”
I smiled. It was nice having a guy actually like me for me and not because of who my mother was. “Yeah. She’s always been a little bitter about what Aro made her do but I think since she met your sister, she’s come to terms with it. I think she’s happy that Tony found someone.”
“I’m glad that Leah found him. She was kind of a bitch for a while.”
I shook my head. “I doubt that. If she’s related to you, there’s no way she could’ve been that bad.” My eyes widened slightly and I blushed bright red.
He smiled and suddenly leaned in towards me. His lips were only a few inches from mine when my stupid cell started to ring. I sighed and pulled back, looking at the caller ID. Mom. “One second. Hello?”
“Erica, you haven’t heard about any activity from Jane, have you?”
I paled. “No. Why?”
“She’s off my radar. The last I could tell, she was heading toward Washington. Keep an eye out for her and don’t let anything distract you,” she ordered right before she hung up. Crap, so did Seth count as a distraction?
♠ ♠ ♠
and that makes 35 comments. not quite as many as i'd like but every little bit is greatly appreciated. so i'd like to thank... Art_Flavor, nniikkii18, JustThinking, xoxogal404, PixieChick101... i <3 all of you!!