Status: Active

In Fate's Hands

Chapter 2

Jon definitely grew taller. His once skinny build was now burly and athletic. The smooth face from my memory was now covered in small stubble. From what I saw, he unmistakably matured.

After what seemed like centuries, I gathered myself and decided to join Danielle and Jonathan. As I tiptoed down the stairs, their strange behavior caught my eye. I paused to observe. Without a doubt, something's out of place.

Danielle was lying on the couch, dissolving into bouts of laughter as Jonathan, who was well on top of her, dug his fingers into her sides where she was the most ticklish.

“GAHH! STOP IT!” Screamed Danielle among her hysterics as she fought her hardest against Jonathan's muscular body.

“HAH, you asked for it,” Jonathan teased as he continued to torture her.

I watched from the stairs. They seemed unbelievably close especially after not seeing each other for such a long time. Even before Jonathan had moved away, they had never been that close. Danielle basically just knew him as my boyfriend back then. Almost instantly after that, Jonathan noticed me watching from the stairs, his reply to my rude stares interrupted my thoughts.

“Hey, guess who finally decided to join us?” He said, grinning from ear to ear.

“Oh hey..there you are,” Danielle included as she brushed her fringe to the side and tucked it behind her ear. She smiled sheepishly and blushed. For a moment, I couldn't recognize her. Even if Danielle was embarrassed she would still maintain that strong out-going personality of hers. Something's definitely up.

I shook my head free of bothersome thoughts. “Hey..yeah, I'm sorry about how I acted just now, I don't know what got into me. I guess I just needed some time to digest the fact that Jon's back. And welcome back Jon.” I tried not to look into their eyes.

“It's alright. We're glad that you finally decided to come down,” said Jonathan.

“YEAH!” Danielle became herself again, “SO WE CAN PARTAYY!”

I forced out a smile as I stepped down from the stairs and sat down beside Danielle. “So..who's up for a movie?” I asked as I tried my best to forget what I just spectated.

“HELL YEAH!” Answered Danielle as she grabbed onto my arm and dragged me towards the DVD shelf.

And it was just starting to feel like old times.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to post the second chapter as well since it pretty closely related to the first. The basic idea was originally written by love- selfish love. I just added bits here and there to connect everything. Hope you enjoy! (: