Status: Beginning.

Practice Makes Perfect.

Good Mood

Life was pretty good. Except for the undearing fact that I had no intention to keep going with the figure skating competition. Coach would push, pull, and bend me into frilly positions every week, every Tuesday, at eight in the morning. Sometimes I would have to skip hockey practices with the guys for it. And trust me, it's not worth it.
Today, just happened to be a Tuesday. A day where I would have to cake on the make-up, dress in a small tutu, and waste my time. A day where I have to skip the precious moments I would have with my actual friends. Clearly, it is just not my day.
I got up at seven with my mom, ate a granola bar and got my stuff together and into the maroon van like any other Tuesday. My mom perched herself on the driver's seat in her pencil skirt and blouse, ready to take on the morning. I on the other hand, was wearing a blue sweat outfit, dreading to go to the CONSOL. She started the car and drove out of our driveway and to the rink.
By the time we got there, parked and into the rink, with me strolling my little tote full of my figure skating junk, heard the loud, beautiful noises of hockey and men. I smiled just a little when I heard Jordan laughing like a goon at something obviously said by Tyler. I rolled myself to the designated locker room and hurridily changed myself and waited by the door to let me out. Today was just my luck, when I found out I had to share the ice with the guys. Coach said it didn't matter anyways, since we were just working on positioning and posture. Posture my ass. So as I skated on the ice, taking a couple laps on the half ice I had to myself, I heard the boys whispering and whistling. I rolled my eyes at their behaviour. Coach would take her sweet time to change into her warm up outfit, so I had some time to kill. I turned around to skate slowly when I heard cooing sound. I remembered what Fleury told me through an email, that he had a signal to gain my attention. I just didn't think it would be to sound like a baby bird that had some of its vocal chords shot at by a puck. I looked up at him and saw him skating at the half mark backwards. I decided to skate backwards the same direction.
As I skated near the middle, he tapped the ice with his stick and said hello with his cute little French accent. I laughed at him.

" So, I didn't know spies used dying bird calls to attract their partner in crime." I joked at him. He rolled his eyes. We stopped as we seperated to turn. He stopped as Jordan took his spot and started to skate backwards too.
As we met he whistled low and said,
" Whoo.. Hello little lady." His fake country accent was something to laugh about. He pouted. He skated away as my coach stepped out onto the ice. Duty calls, I guess.

......................................

As practice was over for the guys ten minutes earlier than mine, coach let me have free time and do what I wanted. I asked to get a water and change, she said sure, but to practice extra hard next Tuesday. I agreed lightly and left. I got my water and headed back to the locker room. I pushed open the door and sat down on the bench. I gulped down some water as I took off my skates. I notice a little envolope in the side of my tote. I reached for it and looked it over. All it said was my name. I opened it up and read the sticky note attached to the paper.

" Courtney,
I can't really explain how wonderful it is to have you with us. You became one of us, a helper, a definite friend to each and every one of us. So I took it apon myself to help you out. They understand and agree onto what is going on. So they know how to schedule around you. You're a great person, let alone a great hockey player. So, go ahead, read it. "

Slightly confused and chuckling at Dan's little smiley face at the end, I opened the letter. Reading the first line I squealed and bounced in place. This letter, this little ink printed letter, was an acceptance letter to play with the Junior Penguins. My life, my whole entire life, I've dreamed of this. And who would have thought that one awkward meeting with an NHL coach would end up like this? I rushed to get undressed and threw everything in my tote.
I fast walked out the door, through the hallway, and to my mother and coach with a big smile. They took it the wrong way, I know of. Mother wrapped her thin arms around my shoulders and finished her talk with coach. I caught sight of Dan with Tyler. He looked my way and gave me a wink while Tyler gave me a thumbs up and mouthed a good job. I smiled and nodded to whatever my coach said. They finished talking and mother took me out of the rink.
I sure did not wake up in a good mood, but I sure in heck am in a very good mood now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to thank everyone who reads this, it's a pleasure to know people like this story. I've been extremely busy. I'm on a four day break from hockey... kind of. I have a skating fundraiser tomorrow though. Who knows. But thanks again for reading this! I love you guys :)

Readers, comments, and subcribes!
xoxox