Status: Beginning.

Practice Makes Perfect.

Defending Kris.

Waking up around at four in the morning was not my thing. But no. Mother wanted me up early so we can leave the house and end up at grandma and grandpa's house around six or seven in the morning. We decided on staying around for a couple of days there. There being Akron, Ohio.
I got up, tiredly and got in the tub and took a quick shower. I dried myself off and did the routine. My eyes were still almost shut. I couldn't sleep last night. I was tossing and turning all night long. I've never really had problems sleeping, until now. I sighed and walked down stairs to the kitchen. Mother threw me a Granola bar once I entered. I rolled my eyes silently, and nibbled on it.

" Sweetie, can you take my bag and yours to the van? Please?" she asked me. Tired was laced in her words, and was audible. I nodded and placed the bar on the counter. I picked up our bags on the couch, and carried them to the van. Mother giving me a slightly odd look when I went by. Small girl, carrying two bags... I would have given myself the look, too. But playing hockey toughens you up. I shrugged.

" I work out, ya know?" I told her. She nodded slowly and sipped on her coffee. I continued on my way to the van. I popped open the trunk of the van and placed the suite cases in the back. I shut the door close and locked the back. I walked back inside of the house, and got the few things left, that I needed. I jogged up the stairs and into my room and grabbed my cell phone on my bed, along with the mp3 player and my laptop. I shut the light off in my room, and closed the door. I walked down the steps again, and met mother by the door. She had the keys in her hand ready to go. We walked out, and she looked the door. Walking to the van, I placed my laptop and charger in the back seats. I shut the door and hopped in the front seat. I buckled myself in and shut the door. Mother did the same and started up the van.
We backed out and headed away from the apartments. Passing the Consol, I stared slightly. See you later.{/i] , I thought in my head. I sent a message to Tyler, saying that I'm on my way to Ohio, and that I miss them already. Since it was only five in the morning, I'm sure he wouldn't answer back until another hour or so. I placed my phone on my lap and placed my head on the window. The vibration of tires driving was lulling me to sleep. And sleep was what I needed.
I'm sure I dozed off for maybe thirty minutes to an hour, before my mother was waking me up. I groggily shifted in my seat and looked out the window. We were indeed sitting in front of my grandparents home. It was very recognizable from all the other times we've been here. The small blue house sat in a small community in Akron. All the windows had white lace curtains and small candles sitting on the window sill. The small walkway was made of bricks and there was a small flower garden up against the house. Mostly daisies and small flowers. We got out and walked up the pathway. Mother knocked on the door and it took a couple of minutes before grandma opened the door. Her face gleamed when she saw us and ushered us inside.

" Oh, you guys are here. Your father is at work, he'll be home around one." she told us. Mother nodded and we walked into the kitchen. We got something to eat and drink. We talked for a while catching up on things.

" Yes, my dearest Courtney just got in, in an skating competition! It's so great to see here out there having fun." Mother smiled and placed a hand on mine on the table. Grandmother smiled. I lightly smiled, grandma took notice to that and gave me a knowing look. The look, meaning that I'm going to have to talk to her about it. I sighed and nodded. We talked some more, until we thought it would be good to get our suite cases from the van and into the guest room. Mother would get the room, while I slept on the couch. I really didn't mind. The couch was pretty comfy. I dropped my suite case on the couch, and the laptop on the table. My cell phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and clicked the okay button. It was from Tyler.

Man, I miss you! Practice is boring... I sighed and replied back.

I'm sorry :(. I will be back in a couple of days. I slid my phone shut and placed it on the couch. I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, landing on ESPN. I smiled. Although it was only August, I got to see some Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh verses Chicago. My phone buzzed. I picked it up.

Kris won't stop looking sad! What did you do to him?! I frowned.

What? I asked him. What DID I do to him? I didn't do anything. Except reply to his email last night. Which is completely harmless.

He's all droopy and wont talk to anyone... I think it's because he can't flirt with you now. He said to me. I glared at the tiny screen. I hate you, Tyler. It's too early in the morning to be saying this stuff.

Oh, hush. We don't flirt. We rarely talk. So shut it. I replied back to him. Hopefully he got the message that I didn't want to talk about this.

I'm gonna go and start messing with him >:) he replied to me.

No! Your going to leave him alone! Don't mess with him, it's mean. I told him. Tyler is an evil man. Wait... boy. An evil boy.

Aww! Look at you, defending Kris :) It's cute. My cheeks flushed. No... I'm not defending him... just being a nice person.

No, it's called not being mean. You should learn it sometime. I placed my phone on the couch again. I thought of seeing Kris sad. The thought made me sad. I loved seeing him smile. His thin lips pull up in the world's cutest smile. His brown eyes searched your soul, and looked pretty innocent. Though I was sure, he could have a foul mouth on him. You hear it in the locker room. Which was pretty funny. His French accent was to die for and could make anyone melt in a puddle at his feet. Broad shoulders and toned body with his six foot frame. I flushed once again when I realized I was thinking of him... that way. I shook my head. I looked down at my phone, seeing as it said I had one unread message.

Don't worry, step one is always hard to get out of ;) Gotta go sweet cheeks. I rolled my eyes and texted him goodbye. Ugh... he always wins in the end.
It was nearing nine in the morning. Time was slow. The Pirates won their game. I smiled slightly and turned the TV off. I had nothing to do. And with nothing to do, the insanity of boredness took in and took over my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people! Hopefully this kind of sets the atmosphere of wondering what happened to this story. I'm back, and I got internet back, which is amazing now. But I will be busy for a while still. Meetings with hockey, school shopping and school itself, plus my sister and brother's birthdays, and I still have type up my report... I still haven't finished. I hate summer work. I will try to squeeze in some chapters, I hope. But you can comment and subscript, I enjoy seeing the rates and readers go up! :) Hopefully this doesn't seem like a filler... I know it isn't my best, but I tried with all the busyness. I do have another story coming soon, either when this is over or if I really want you guys to read it. I do think you will like it... it does contain the sexy beast of Gerard Way, but in a different name. :) Enjoy!