Retarded In Love

Chapter 7

Soon, Maria was in my room with me, sitting cross-legged on my bed across from me. She sat and listened to my future plans with excitement in her eyes. Maria was always so ecstatic. She bounced and giggled until I got to the part about my mom and David.

"But, Ell! It's amazing news! You're going to be on TV!"

"I know..." I whined. "But what do I tell my mom?"

She didn't hesitate at all. "Tell her the honest truth. I know April. She'll get over it. She should be happy about you making something of yourself... You're gonna be famous!"

I smiled and pulled her into a quick hug. Maria was like my sister. She always knew exactly what to say to make me feel better. She always had the best advice. I was going to miss her a lot.

She looked around the room quickly before smirking. "Can I help you pack?" She took my smile as a silent agreement and made her way to my closet. I stayed on the bed, but shifted so I could see what she was holding up. I watched as she shuffled through some random tops before holding up my favorite deep purple thermal shirt.

"That's coming with me." I smiled.

She giggled. "How did I know?"

We went through a majority of my closet before she came across a brown top. Her eyes lit up. "Stay or go?"

"You keep it."

"No..." She said, adding it to the 'go' pile.

"Maria. I never wear it. I want you to have it. Keep the damn shirt."

She frowned a bit, but reluctantly agreed and tossed it over to her bag. "Enough of that. Uhm... So... What do you want to do now?"

I shrugged.

"Girls, time for dinner!" I heard my mom call from downstairs.

I could see Maria's eyes light up and I could tell she was fighting giggles. Dinner at my house is always an experience and I know she enjoys every moment of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!