Retarded In Love

Chapter 6

I laid there for a few minutes thinking of how to break it to my parents. My dad wouldn't mind as much, but my mom... She was going to lose it. I got up slowly and dragged my empty suitcases from under my bed. I might as well 'get packing'. I thought to myself, imitating Bam's tone. I walked over to my closet and set the bags on the floor. After opening the door slowly, I absentmindedly slid some hangers around, still deep in thought. Then, a pair of warm arms snaked their way around my waist slowly, followed by a pair of lips softly pressing themselves to my neck. My muscles tensed, then relaxed again once I realized who it was. The arms pulled me tighter against a body, and the lips pressed themselves to my neck again, harder this time. I pulled away lightly, and turned to face David.

"What's wrong, baby?" He said, taking a step back.

"Bam came and talked to me not to long ago."

"What did he break?"

"Nothing." I walked over to my bed and sat down.

He sat down next to me and pulled me close. "Then, what's the problem?"

"I'm not going to college..."

He rubbed my back lightly. "That's ok. It's a big step, but now we can move in together like we planned, only sooner. It's just a head-start on your life. What are you planning on doing for a job?"

"David, I'm moving to California to do stunts for a television show." I pulled away and looked up at him apologetically.

He sat stunned for a moment. "And... And you didn't tell me?"

We sat there for a long time while I explained the story to him. He didn't interrupt at all, simply nodded and chuckled a bit when I explained being in Bam's CKY videos and how he had tackled me when he asked if I was in. By the time I had finished the story, David was laying down and I was curled up beside him, head resting on his chest. He ran his fingers gently through my hair before saying, "Ellie... I understand. I'll miss you, though."

I sat up and nodded as tears filled my eyes. He sat up and kissed me gently. "Mom's expecting me home. I'll call you tomorrow?" I nodded and threw myself against him once more. He held me tight for a moment before sliding out from under me and leaving.

I stood up and walked down the stairs to the phone. I dialed Maria's number quickly.

"Hey... Can you stay over tonight?... Good. See you soon."
♠ ♠ ♠
Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!