Status: Finished ♥

To Love or Not to Love

Thirteen

Image


"Oh my! Rupert! I, Dani Brookes, just had the greatest idea!" I got some coffee, grinning at him, as he looked over at me. "And I, Rupert Grint, am very confused." I rolled my eyes, put my hands on his shoulders, and said slowly, like to a slow child. "My plan is--" He poked my side while giving me a look "Very funny. Now what's your plan?"

"Well if you wouldn't have interrupted me you would know by now, wouldn't you?" I replied smartly. He sighed dramatically "Yes mum." I patted his head with a giggle "Good boy. Now my plan is, we should hook up Dan and Emma!" He seemed to be considering for a second then grinned "I've always thought they fancied each other."
"Exactly! They 'fancy' each other!" I said, using air quotes. Rupert made a face and laughed softly. "It means they 'have the hots' for each other." he said, mocking my air quotes. "Oh! Ok." I laughed "So how bout you tell them that you want to ask me out but think that it would be better if we doubled." He nodded then looked at me suspiciously. "And you thought up this whole plan while brushing your teeth?"I shrugged nonchalantly. "Yeah. So?"

Rupert just stifled a laugh and raised his hands defensively. "Ok then."
"Good" I started with a smile. "You should ask them today at lunch, and the date can be tonight." I blew him a kiss and started walking away "Pick me up at 8!"

***


"I did it!"Rupert said as he ran up to me in the indoor pool. I wrinkled my nose and tilted my head at him "Did what?"
"Asked them if they'd double." I quickly sat up straight with an expectant smile "Oh! What'd they say?" He smirked. "They said no. Because they're such horrible friends who wouldn't even help their mate out of an uncomfortable situation." I made a face and crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh, so now going on a date with me is an uncomfortable situation?"

Rupert just laughed "You know what I mean. They said yes of course."
"Yeah I got that thanks." I said, then pulled him, fully clothed, into the pool. When he resurfaced, his red hair sticking to his face, he gasped loudly "Bloody Hell Dani!"
"Ooh! Dirty British slang. Do it again!"
"You be quiet." he said then picked me up and threw me across the pool.

***


"Emma!" I sang while knocking on her door. She opened up with a smile and sang back "What?" My face fell into a pout. "I have no clothes! Hold me." I pulled her in for a tight hug and she laughed "If this is your way of asking to borrow my clothes then you might want to work on it." I pulled away from the hug with a small scoff."Fine. I'll use the direct approach." I fell onto my knees and raised my hands towards her "Please! Please let me borrow some clothes!" Emma just laughed, pulled me into her room, then walked into her closet.

"So are you excited?" she called from inside the closet. I smiled with a nod "Yeah. Are you?"
"Actually, more than you'd think." she replied. I smirked to myself until she came back out, holding a black v-neck sweater, and some dark ripped jeans. "How's this?" I grinned at her and the outfit "Emma Watson. You are officially the bomb!" I took the clothes from her and danced into the bathroom "So how did he ask you?" Emma asked through the door.

"Well." I started. "It just kinda came out as one big word." I lied easily and she laughed "That's definitely Rupert." I finished changing then walked out and spun around slowly. "How do I look?" I asked. She examined me for a minute then smiled "Gorgeous! But you need shoes." She ran back into the closet, and came out this time holding a pair of black flip flops. "Aw. These are so cute!" I squealed as I put them on. She nodded with a smile. "Now we're ready." I looked at my watch and laughed.

"It's 8:30pm! We are so late." Emma shrugged, obviously uncaring. "Oh well. Come on." We walked arm in arm down to the main lobby where Rupert and Dan were waiting for us. "Well don't you look spiffy." I said to Rupert and he laughed. "Lovely choice of words." He held his hand out to me "Shall we?" I took it with a smile "We shall. Ha! That was so corny."

The four of us walked to the limo waiting for us outside. Throughout the ride I would poke Rupert, turn away, then look over at him innocently "I know I'm beautiful, but staring at me like this is a bit creepy." I would say. The limo stopped and we walked out in front of a fancy French restaurant. We were seated right away and I looked at my menu. Rupert laughed at my facial expressions then put the menu in front of us so the other two couldn't hear or see us. "Hope you aren't hungry. The French serve very small, very strange meals." he whispered. "Then why did you pick this place?" I whispered back. He shrugged "Isn't France supposed to be all romantic?"

I made a silly face at him "Oh yes. Snails are oh so romantic." I put my hand to my heart "You're just too good for me." He stuck his tongue out at me then we both started laughing. "I've got an idea." I whispered then put the menu down and looked to Dan and Emma. "Hows about we blow this popsicle stand and hit the city? The night is young and so are we. 'Romeo. Where for art thou Romeo?' Who cares?" Everyone just stared at me while I finished my rant. "I think you've finally gone mad." Dan said. I stuck my tongue out at him then stood up. "Fine. Yinz can stay here and eat tiny portions of snails while I go have some fun." They stood up as well and ran after me as I walked outside.

"You can have the rest of the night off Frankie." I said to the limo driver. He smiled "Thanks Dani. Have a good time." I walked back to the other three as he drove off and took out my cell phone. "Who're you gonna call?" Rupert asked and I grinned "Ghost Busters!" He made a face at me and I rolled my eyes with a sigh. "I'm calling us a cab, silly ginger."

When the cab arrived we piled in the back and I leaned up onto the front seat "So." I checked the drivers name tag "Bob. Where's a good place to have some immature fun? And pizza! Pizza is good." He laughed "You're gonna want Lazer Tag, missy." I straightened up with a smile "Oh, good choice, Bob. Is it far?"
"Nah. It's only two blocks away." I nodded and sat back into my seat "Make it so, Number One."

Halfway through the ride Bob looked at us through his rearveiw mirror. "Hey, aren't you guys on that Harry Potter movie or something?" I snorted out a laugh "You're a funny one, Bob. Do you really think the cast of Harry Potter would be taking a cab to a Lazer Tag on a Thursday? I think not. They're probably too stuck up for that." He nodded "Yeah you're right." He pulled up to the Lazer Tag and I paid Bob with a smile "See ya later, Alligator!" he called and I laughed "In a while, Crocodile!"

Bob pulled away, waving his arm out the window at us, and the three looked to me. "Oh, you are good." Rupert said. I smiled cheekily, quite proud of myself. "Yes. Yes I am. Now come on!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the building, Dan and Emma following behind. "Four please. And we were wondering if we could have the whole room to ourselves?" The lady behind the desk shrugged. "I guess so. No one ever comes on Thursdays anyway." I smiled at her "Well I guess we're just weird then." She laughed at me and handed me a paper. "Room 4. Someone will come to take your pizza order soon."
"Thank you!"

We walked into room 4 and I squealed "Oh! I wanna do names!"It ended up being: Dan = Scarhead, Rupert = Weaslebee, Emma = Hermioninny, and me = White and Nerdy. Rupert looked up at the points screen and laughed "Good choices." I smiled at him then turned to the others, bouncing up and down in excitement. "Come on guys! But I warn you, I kick ass at this!" We ran into the dark room and almost immediately I shot someone. A computerized voice of a woman came over the speakers. "Scarhead has been shot by White and Nerdy." I laughed and did a small victory dance "Ha! Booyah!"

"White and Nerdy has been shot by Weaslebee." I turned around, jaw dropped, to see Rupert grinning at me. "Hey, we're supposed to be in this together! Hey I feel a song coming on." I started singing "We're All In This Together" from High School Musical but Rupert shouted to stop me "Resist the urge Dani! Resist the urge!"I laughed "Urge resisted."I suddenly heard Emma giggle and whisper "Shh. They'll hear us."

I motioned for Rupert to be quiet then tiptoed around the corner to where they were. I snorted slightly and quickly covered my mouth when I saw Dan and Emma snogging in the corner. Yes I said snogging, cuz I fricken love that word. ...Anyway...
I grabbed Rupert's arm and quickly pulled him out of the dark game room. "Oh my Voldy. That is so... Shit this is cool! This is so awesome!" I started laughing so hard that I started to choke. Rupert grabbed my hands and lifted them over my head until I calmed down. I put my hand on his shoulder dramatically "If I die... tell James... he's weird." Rupert laughed "Yes he is. Now what are we gonna do?"

I smirked, got out pen and paper, then started writing a note to Dan and Emma. "Yo my peeps. Me and Rupert left early. Have fun *wink wink*. Love Dani. Oh, and I left some cab money. Love yinz!"I set the note and some money on the table then turned back to Rupert with a smile. "Wanna go see a movie?"
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=38414606
This is Dani's date outfit :3
Be nice I'm still new to Polyvore lol