Status: Finished ♥

To Love or Not to Love

Fifteen

Image


"...Thank you for flying Spirit." I grabbed my carry on bag then started to leave the plane. "Oh darling, I'm going to miss you so much!" The old lady squealed. She pinched Rupert's cheeks then kissed them leaving bright red lipstick marks. I walked to baggage claims, very proud of myself, and started to pick up my bag when someone said from behind me "Hey there, sexy, need a ride?" I grinned and turned around to face James. "Jamie!" I squealed, running up and hugging him. He picked me up and twirled me, making me laugh.

When he set me down I looked behind him and saw Rupert walking up. Deciding he needed to be punished more, I grabbed James' head, pulled him in, and kissed him square on the mouth. When I pulled away he stared at me with his mouth open. "What was that for?" he asked uncertainly. I shrugged with a smile. "I uh, just missed you is all." My eyes darted behind him as a clue and James smiled in understanding. "Good enough, so-" he held out his hand "That ride offer is still open." I grabbed his hand with a laugh and he turned his head slightly. "Hey mate. Be a good lad and grab Dani's bag, k? We'll meet you at the car."

I looked back to Rupert as James lead me out t see him watching us walk away seemingly upset. "So, how was your trip?" James asked as we walked. I shrugged. "Most of it was good." He raised an eyebrow at me as we got into the car. "It was Rupert eh? Figures. The man can be a spazz around girls. So, what did he do?" I shook my head and looked out my window. "I don't really want to talk about it right now." I said softly. James gave my hand a comforting squeeze then popped the trunk. Rupert lugged our bags in then got into the back seat. "Okey dokey, let's go home!" James exclaimed then sped off.

***


"Yay! I'm so glad you're back!" Gabby squealed from her bed. I laughed "Me too! And I have two surprises for you." I pulled out the 'I <3 L.A.' t-shirt I had bought her, and the newspaper page of me and Rupert at Club Alien. Gabby immediately started laughing her butt off. "This is freeking awesome!"

"Geez, it's only a t-shirt." I said sarcastically as I sat next to her. She just made a face at me. "Very funny. So were you too actually.." I wrinkled my nose. "No we were not snogging! He was saying something but I couldn't hear so he had to move closer." Gabby stared at me for a moment then shook her head with a smirk. "Whatever." My jaw dropped. Seriously? Why doesn't anyone ever believe me? "You should meet Emma. You two have a lot in common. Neither of you ever believe me." I said then stuck my tongue out at her.

Gabby shoved me lightly and someone knocked on the door. "Dani, someone's here for you." Gabby's mom called through the door. "Uh, tell them we're, uh, naked or something." I said, thinking it was Rupert. The door opened and there stood James, laughing. "And you thought that would make me leave?" I stuck my tongue out at him. "What do you want?" I asked. He put his hand to his heart in fake pain. He would have never done well in drama class. "Can't a bloke come see his best girl friends?" he asked in a strange voice. I laughed at him. "You know, I've always wanted a gay guy friend." I sighed dramatically. "Wishes do come true."

"Naw. If i was gay that little snog of ours would've been mighty uncomfortable." he said. Gabby gasped and pointed a finger back and forth between us "You two made out?!" I shrugged "I just missed him is all. So Jamie, what did you come here for?" He looked down at me with a grin. "Well, you're parents called mum and said that you needed to spend the night at our house, so I'm to take you to get your things then to our house." I nodded then turned to Gabby. I"ll see you at school tomorrow." She nodded and waved then me and James walked to my house.

"So, what was that snog all about?"he asked. I shrugged. "I told you, I just missed you." He stopped and raised an eyebrow at me, making me sigh. "Rupert pissed me off, so I was getting back at him." He nodded understandingly. "Well, you didn't exactly piss him off. He's just been sitting around the house like a bloody house cat, moping all day. I think you two just need to swallow your bloody pride and make up." I thought over what he said and nodded "I'll try."
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=47390869