Status: Finished ♥

To Love or Not to Love

Eighteen

Image


"Dani." a voice sang. I swatted at the air, not hitting anything. "No." I whined. The voice sang louder and closer to my ear "Dani poo, time for wakey wakey!"I swatted again, this time making contact with something. "Ow! Damn Dani!" I opened my eyes to see James holding his nose, stifled a laugh, and walked up to him. "Jamie, are you ok?" His eyes were watering and he pointed a shaking finger at me "You hit hard for a girl!" I snorted loudly then covered my mouth and giggled. "Thank you Jamie. And this is what you get for trying to wake me up."

I put my hands on my hips and tilted my head at him. "Why did you try to wake me up anyway?"
"School." he said simply while pointing to the clock. My eyes widened and I started running around the room frantically. "Oh Shizah! Where's my clothes? Where's Chico? Where's-" I stopped and looked up at James "Where's Rupert?" Speak of the devil and he shall appear, Rupert walked into the room. "Did you get her u-" He stopped and snorted a laugh when he saw James ' slightly swollen pink nose. James pointed at me again. "I think she broke my nose!" he exclaimed. I simply rolled my eyes at him. "No I didn't, cry baby."

I brushed past him, walked to my room, got ready, then ran back down the stairs. "Time?" I asked when I landed at the bottom stair. Rupert looked at his watch. "8:30." I nodded "Alrighty then let's go!"
"Dani, school doesn't start until 9:15." Rupert said and I looked up at him "Yes. But I need coffee and a muffin!"Rupert laughed and nodded "Alright."I kissed James on the cheek. "See ya later babe!" I said then me and Rupert walked to Charlies.

"Guess who's back!" I squealed. Rupert grinned "Why I do believe it's that adorable Dani Brookes, my have we missed her." He said. Charlie walked out from the kitchen wiping his hands on a towel with a big smile on his face "Who?" he asked teasingly. I made a face at him. "Very funny. You know you missed me." Charlie shook his head "Nah, it was quiet around here." He walked back into the kitchen then came out only a moment later with a little box full of blueberry muffins and two large coffees.

I broke out into a grin that rivaled the Cheshire cats. "Ha! See, you did miss me." I started to get out my wallet but Charlie stopped me. "It's on the house kid."
"I feel so loved!" I squeaked and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, go to school." I blew him a kiss as me and Rupert started for the door. "You, my friend, are awesome!"
"Bye Charlie." Rupert said before we left. "You are so on my Christmas card list!" I yelled behind me before the door to the diner closed.

***


"Now class, in a few weeks there is going to be a winter talent show/dance." There were a few boos and a couple girly squeals around the room. I rolled my eyes and turned to Rupert. "OMG!" I said sarcastically. He laugh, a bit too loudly I might add. "Miss Brookes, Mr. Grint." We looked up at Mrs. Shelds. "Yes ma'am?" she smiled. "Do you mind if I continue?" I grinned and waved a hand dismissively. "Oh no, of course not. You go right ahead." She gave me a slightly reprimanding, slightly amused look then continued with class. I looked back at Rupert and we both stifled our laughs.

***


"Rupert Alexander Lloyd Grint! I cannot believe you!" I yelled as I stormed into the gym. I looked to the rest of the basketball team the the coach with a smile "Do you mind if I steal him for a second?" The coach just shook his head with an amused look "Sure." he said. My smile grew "And that is why you are on my Christmas card list." I pulled Rupert outside the gym then turned to him with my arms crossed over my chest. "Apparently I've been accepted to sing in the Winter Talent show." I said while glaring at him.

Rupert smiled while stifling his laughs. "Really? I didn't know you signed up." I hardened my glare. "This isn't funny!" He nodded, letting himself laugh softly. "God you're adorable." I blushed at this as he continued. "It kind of is funny. Besides you have a really good chance of winning, Dani." I bit back my smile when he said this. I knew he was right, but I wasn't about to admit that. "No I don't." I said stubbornly and he poked my side. "Yes you do. Oh, did I mention the prize is a $500 gift card to any store in the Coulter Mall?"

My jaw dropped at this, and my arms fell to my side. "Holy Horcrux! I freeking love you!" I flung my arms around him in a hug then pulled away slightly and poked his nose with a grin. "You are number one on my list." He raised an eyebrow at me, and I was very aware of his arms still on my waist. I sighed dramatically "My Christmas card list! Duh!"
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/chapter_18/set?id=47525693

3 chapters left!!!