Status: Finished ♥

To Love or Not to Love

Three

Image

I woke up to someone poking my head. I groaned and swatted my hand in the air until I hit someones face. "Ow!" I heard Rupert yell. "I opened my eyes and sat up quickly, putting my hands to my mouth. "Oh my God Rupert! Wait.. Rupert? Why are you in my room?" He laughed "You fell asleep in my house." My eyes widened "Crap! What time is it?"Rupert smiled reassuringly at me "Don't worry Dani, it's only 8 o'clock."I sighed in relief and leaned back into the cough. "So are you hungry?" Rupert asked. "Mum made spaghetti!"

I quickly stood to my feet with a grin "Ooh! Spaghetti's my favorite!" James, who was suddenly in the doorway, laughed. "Me too! What a co-inky-dink!"
We walked into the kitchen and Mr.s Grint smiled at us. "Well good morning Sleeping Beauty." she said. I laughed "Thanks for letting me stay for dinner Mrs. Grint." She smiled sweetly and waved her hand in the air dismissing it. "Oh it's fine dear. And please call me Jo." She placed the hot plates of spaghetti in front of all of us as she continued. "I was telling Rupert and James that they needed to make friends here. I'm just glad they met you."

James and Rupert smiled at me and I could feel myself start to blush. "So, Rupert, how was school?" Jo asked. "Good." he replied through a mouthful of spaghetti and I giggled. Suddenly Jo put her fork down with a distressed face. "Oh no!" Rupert, James, the three girls, and me all looked at her curiously. "What?" Rupert asked. Jo sighed "I forgot I have to find a babysitter for Friday!"

I swallowed quickly to talk, but swallowed a little too quickly and began to cough as I choked on my spaghetti. Rupert's eyes widened and he quickly patted my back. "Put your arms up dear." Jo said. I raised my arms in the air and a moment later I stopped and laughed. "Thank you. I was just going to say that I can babysit for you."

She smiled "Are you sure you can handle it?"I waved a hand in the air "Yeah, Rupert's not that hard to control. Now James, that's a whole other story." Everyone laughed and James pinched my arm playfully. "Well thank you then." Jo said, smiling gratefully and I grinned at her "No problem." We sat quietly for a few minutes just eating until Rupert cleared his throat. "So Mum, I was thinking about joining the basketball team."

I squealed obnoxiously "That'd be so cool! My friend Brandon is on the team!" Everyone laughed at my outburst and I giggled quietly "Sorry. So are you any good?" He shrugged and puffed up his chest "Well I don't wanna brag." I poked his stomach, making him crouch slightly, and I smirked "Then don't."
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't realize how short I made a lot of these chapters when I was writing it. Sorry!