Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

Curiousity

Steam rushed out of the bathroom as I made my way down the hall toward my bedroom, the plush beige carpet fluffing between my toes. The door knob was icy cold compared to my warm fingers as I wrapped them around it and walked into my room. Abby's lazy figure was thrown across my bed, her eyes skimming a copy of People magazine.

Walking into my closet I closed the door a bit and sleepily pulled out some pajamas to lounge around in the rest of the day. "Hey, Scar," Abby's voice sounded through the small crack in the door. "Yeah ?" I replied as I threw on some black and blue flannel pajamas and a brown ribbed tank top.

"Let's have a movie montage," her nose was still buried in the magazine when I exited my closet. Walking over to my vanity mirror, I sat down and laughed lightly at Abby through her reflection. "Don't look at me like that," she flipped a page, making me shake my head.

"Where did that even come from ?" I asked pulling my brush through my hair.

"Well …" Abby flipped another page, "if you must know," another page, "I just saw an advertisement for that one movie 'I Am Number Four'. And we both know that that's one of our absolute favorite movies, so …" she trailed off, giving me a hopeful look over the top of the magazine.

"Alright, I'll watch it with you." Abby gleefully jumped up and ran over to my TV, popping in the DVD we conjured a while back. "Oh don't you roll your eyes at me," she glared at me over my shoulder making me laugh at her, "You know you love this movie ! And me," she posed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I stretched, laying down on my bed, "Just put on the movie.”

Image


The TV screen made our faces glow bright, the fight scene playing through. I had my candles that sat throughout my room, filling it with my signature Vanilla scent. Both Abby and I sat on my queen sized bed, furiously eating away at the bowl of popcorn and nachos we prepared for the remainder of our movie night. DVD cases were askew on the floor and bedding before us, my clock flashed 6:37 PM.

“Oh my goodness,” Abby crunched on a handful of popcorn, “What if you could do that Scar ? That'd be amazing !” Right now, we were watching the movie Push. The one with Dakota Fanning ? I think that's her name. Well, the one where they have the really cool powers. Yes, we wasted our entire day watching movies in my room all day. My mom was right, all that training we pushed really did drain us. I'm not really sure about Abby, but I was totally drained. I kind of wanted to sleep, but it's been a while since my best friend and I had a movie montage night, well .. day.

“Nu Hut ?” Abby looked at me in confusion. I paused, trying to munch down on my mouth full of nachos, “Do what ?” I repeated.

“Block bullets and toss people around !” snatching up the DVD Player remote, Abby hit the rewind button. We both watched in silence, watching how the two men used their powers to shoot guns and block bullets. I wonder how much adora that would cost. These guys obviously don't have that issue, but I'm still a fledgling witch. The scene played through, getting to the part where the bad guy is throwing around the portagonist like a rag doll. “Can you imagine how cool that would be ?”

“Imagine how useful that would be, Abs,” I pondered the thought of training to lift someone. “Pause it,” I instructed Abby.

“What ?”

“Pause it !” I took the remote out of her hand and paused the movie.

“Hey, I was watching that,” Abby mock pouted at me.

“Oh relax,” getting up from the bed I dusted the crumbs off of me, “We're gonna have a mini training session.”

“Right now ?” Abby popped a few pieces of popcorn into her mouth.

“Yes, right now. I want to see how hard it is to lift someone up like that.” I began walking around the bed to her side.

“What are you insinuating ?”

“I want to lift you up,” I reached my hands out, waiting for her to take them. But Abby just stared at me in shock.

“Uhmmm … Have you ever tried this before ?” she hesitantly put down the bowl of popcorn and took my hands. Pulling her over to the center of the room I let go of her hands and took a few steps back, “Nope.” By the look on Abby's face I could tell that she wasn't too sure about this. Shifting her weight from side to side, Abby opened her mouth multiple times as if she was going to say something. But coming up with nothing she just kept closing her mouth again. “Okay,” I took a breathe, “Now just hold still and-”

“Wait !” Abby whipped out her hands, shaking and eyes wide.

“What ?”

“I'm … not too sure about this,” Abby shrugged, trying to hide the fear in her eyes.

“Why not ?”

“Well .. How would you feel if I decided to use my powers on you without any real thought about it ?” Accusation replaced the fear in her eyes. Abby pointed her finger at me, the other hand sat sassily on her hip.

“Oh, be quiet. Since when are you scared ?” I looked at her.

“Well … I'm just saying !”

“Fine, I'll test it on my mattress first. That thing is heavier than you.”

“Hey ! What's that supposed to mean ?!”

“You're lighter than a heavy mattress ? What ? Do you want me to say, that you're heavier than a mattress ?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

“Shut up !” Abby reached over, snatched a pillow off of my bed, and chucked it at me. But just before the pillow hit me, I quickly raised my right arm up and stopped it in mid-air. Pausing for a second, I let out a small laugh. No matter what Abby does, she always makes me laugh. Clearing my throat I looked back up at Abby and lowered my arm to my side. The pillow still remained in the air in front of me. Mirroring her body language, my right fist on my hip and left dangling lazily at my side, I moved the pillow over to my right above my head.

“See, if I can hold this pillow above my head without really trying, don't you think that I can lift you up ?” The pillow bounced up and down a little above my head, swooped down and swung in slow circles around Abby's head.

“Quit showing off,” she attempted to swat the pillow out of her face but failed miserably when I lifted the pillow out of her reach. Abby just folded her arms across her chest with a puff.

“Come on, Abby ! Just let me try to lift you up at least a foot off of the ground,” I begged.

Abby looked at me, I could see that she was still unsure about this, “Well ...” she looked around my room, Lord only knows what excuse she was trying to think of. “You have to prove that you can do this.”

“Seriously ?” I cocked an eyebrow at her, “Since when are you so careful ?”

“Since my life was put on the line !” Abby declared, obviously a little freaked out. She walked over to my bed and began gathering all my pillows into her arms.

“What are you doing now ?”

“Making sure that you can do this, hopefully.”

“And how exactly do you plan on doing that ?”

“You missy,” Abby packed the last pillow on to the pile she held, “are going to lift up all of these pillows and hold them in the air.” I looked at Abby, counting the pillows in her arms. 6, well 7 including the one I was still holding above her head, “Alright.”

“'Kay. Now just get them all in the air, and if I feel that you have enough control, then you can try to lift me up.” Nodding in agreement, I zeroed in on the task at hand. Taking a deep breath I lifted my hands mid way, tucking my elbows into my sides. Canceling out everything around me, every other object, image, sound, and smell, I slowly lifted each pillow up from the pile.

One by one, the air around Abby and I was occupied by a plush pillow.

Once all the pillows were up, I lowered my right hand, using only my left hand to carry all the pillows. “There,” I looked at Abby.

In turn she looked from me to all the pillows. Slowly she walked around, carefully examining all the pillows. “I don't know ...” she trailed off, still unsure about my idea.

“Seriously ?” I rose an eyebrow at her, dropping all the pillows to the floor. “Hey !” Abby jumped at the sound of all the pillows hitting the floor with a muffled thump.

“Oh come on, Abs ! Why won't you let me do it ?”

“Because you're asking to use your powers on me ! Me ! Your bestfriend!”

“Yes, my bestfriend ! Do you honestly think that I would try it if I didn't think that I could do it ?” I protested.

“Hmm ...” Abby folded her arms across her chest, debating, “Fine. But you have to prove you have control over your powers though.” I groaned in frustration.

“If I do one more test will you let me try ?” I peered over at her.

“Yes.”

“Okay,” I sighed walking over to my stereo on my shelf.

“What are you doing ?”

“Just sit on my bed,” I took out one of my burned CDs and popped it into the stereo, “and enjoy.” Doing as told, Abby walked over at sat down, confusion sitting on her expression.

Setting the system to surround sound and selecting “Track 9” I stood in the middle of the room and faced my bestfriend. “What are you doing ?”

“You wanted to see control, right ?” she nodded. “I'm gona show you control.” The chorus of Katy Perrys “The One That Got Away” was now blasting through my room. Shaking my body loose I looked over at my stereo, using my powers to hit the replay button.

By the look on Abby's face I could see that she was completely lost on what I was doing. Grinning to myself I closed my eyes and let the music take it's hold on me.

The beat of the music pumped through my chest, making me shake my hips back in forth to it.

”Summer after high school when we first met
We make-out in your Mustang to Radiohead”


My voice was barely audible through the pulse of the music, but that didn't really matter. With each line I sang, and every move I danced, one by one each pillow rose back up into the air. All of them becoming my back up dancers throughout my performance.

Image


Abby clapped with glee, excitement and an approving look replaced her earlier worry and confusion. Laughing equally with hers, I tucked my right leg behind my left and bowed before her, the pillows folding forward making it look like they were bowing too.

“Alright, I'm convinced,” Abby said.

“Yay !” I jumped up smiling.

“Just make sure you don't drop me,” she eyed me carefully.

“Yes maam,” I saluted her before pulling her up to her feet. “Okay, now just relax and whatever you do, don't panic.” Abby took a shaky breath, taking one last reassuring look into my eyes. “Don't worry, I own't let anything happen to you.” She nodded.

Taking a few steps back, I took in a deep breath and released it. Doing exactly as I did before, I blocked out all of our surroundings. Focusing solely on Abby. Carefully and gently I lifted my arms in front of me, picking her up. Pushing upwards Abby's body slowly lifted into the air. We both looked at each other with shaky breaths, ecstatic that it was working. One inch … Four inches … Eight inches … One foot. My bestfriend went up higher and higher. “Okay, Scar. You can put me down now,” Abby looked at me, a little scared. Nodding, I lowered her back to the floor.

“Scarlet ! You did it !” Abby exclaimed as soon as both her feet were planted back on to the hardwood floor. I watched as she giddily walked quickly over to me. But something weird happened when she did, it looked as though she suddenly multiplied. Abby looked as though she was still walking over to me, but now there was three or four of her dancing back and forth. “Scarlet !” Abby's panicked voice seemed muffled in my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally ! Chapter 2 is out ! So sorry, my "Hell quarter" is finally over.
I've been so crazy busy ! Urghh !
But anyways ...

How did you like this chapter ?
So sorry there's no Jake in here yet again, but he is going to be in the next chapter ! Swear !

Which, by the way, I will be posting oh so very soon ! Mwhaha ! Been having a Taylor Lautner obsession lately. Shhhh, don't tell my hubby ! Lol.

Well, please show me some love !
Subscribe ! Comment ! You know what to do ;)
No Silent Readers, Please !
Mahalo !