Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

Getting Acquainted

Jacob


Embry and I watched as Seth trots over to where the imprints to fetch the ball. Embry has a huge grin on his face, his right hand punches his left in anticipation. “Okay, now what ?” Seth asks handing the ball over to Embry. Taking it, Embry just puts his hand on Seth's shoulder and says, “We're just going to play catch. No matter how far or high I throw the ball, just chase after it.” Still a little unclear, Seth just agrees and runs in the direction that Embry points him in.

“Hey, Grumpypants. Wanna join in on our game ?” Embry invites me. I scoff in reply, “What ever happened to you being the shy one ?” His cheeks turn pink under his dark cheeks, making me chuckle at him a little. Growing up, Embry was always usually the quiet one but for some reason he's more open today.

“I'm curious who they are, and I kinda think that the brunette is cute..” Embry throws the ball at Seth softly.

“Are you trying to imprint ?” I eye him. Right now, the idea of imprinting seems like the stupidest thing. I don't even know why he'd want to imprint. Like I said earlier, it's the worst part of being a werewolf.

“Maybe...” he throws the ball at Seth again. I can only scoff in return, watching them out of the corner of my eye and breaking more sticks in my hands.

Image

Scarlet


“So what did you see ?” Abby asks me as we finish drying off. The both of us stand beside each other, our beach towels in our hands, the sun starting its dip toward to the edge of the horizon. I stand there staring at the water, my favorite element. Sometimes I wish I was mermaid. I wonder if they're real.. I mean if witches and demons exist, what else exist ? Are there fairies ? Werewolves ? Vampires ? Angels ? I mean, if there are demons there must be angels right ?

“Earth to Scarlet..?” Abby's hand is waving in front of my face now, breaking the thoughts. “I wonder what other creatures there are...” I say out loud not taking my eyes off of the ocean. “What ?” Abby looks at me, lost.

“Do you ever wonder if there are other creatures out there ?” I look at my sister this time.

“What do you mean ?” she rubs her towel against her hair.

“You know how were witches ?”

“Mhm, this is true.”

“Well if there's such things as witches and warlocks and demons, what other creatures are out there ?”

“You make us sound like animals.”

“How ?” I run my fingers through my hair, an attempt to tame the mess.

“'Creatures' ?” she gives me a weird look.

“Well we are ! Unless you have a better word ?” I give her smart ass look. She looks at the sand for a little bit, trying to find the right word. I stand there and watch her, knowing that she's not going to be able to come up with a better word. “Okay...” she looks down, mock defeated. “Mhm,” I laugh smacking her arm.

The both of us lay our towels back on the sand and sit on them, lounging about. “So what are the boys doing ?” I ask pulling out my sunglasses and cleaning them. “And I'm the one that's boy crazy ?” Abby raises an eyebrow at me. I nonchalantly put my sunglasses on, leaning back on my hands. “I am not 'boy crazy'. I am simply just curious of what they are doing.” I say closing my eyes and tilting my head toward the sky. “Mhm,” she says looking at me.

“Go, Seth !” Abby and I turn our heads at the loud boys voice. We watch as one of the boys from earlier shouts at the younger one to chase and catch the football he just threw. “Seth” runs after the football, a big grin on his face. How adorable, I think as I watch him catch the ball. “They're playing catch with a football,” Abby taps my arms and points at them. I turn my head and look at her, “No... I didn't notice,” I tell her, my voice oozing with sarcasm. “Really ? Then you need to pay more attention,” I smack her arm, “I mean, you were looking directly in their direction !” I smack her even harder making her recoil in laughter. “Shut up,” I laugh pushing her down.

“Hey, it's not my fault that you can't pay attention,” she sits up, takes my sunglasses off my of face and puts them on. “Child....” I raise my arm to smack her again but decide not to.

“Is it me, or are they getting closer ?” I ask watching them. Abby watches them and grins, “Oh yeah.” I laugh lightly, “I see what you're doing there, Mr. Tall Dark and Fine. You should help them out a little, Scar,” Abby nudges me. I eye her, debating, “Should I ?” I ask turning back to them. They're a few yards closer now, I can make out their faces. “If you don't, I will,” she says nudging me back with her shoulder.

I grin at the boys, watching as the older one throws the football at the younger boy we're assuming is named “Seth”. Seth throws it back at the boy, he catches it easily. The boy lines his fingers along the white stitches along the side of leather ball and cocks his arm up and back, ready to launch. Just as he does this I lean all my weight on my left hand and lay my right hand on my thigh, palm up. Abby turns her head to the shore line but watches me out of the corner of her eye. Folding in my pinky and ring finger I raise my middle and index finger and just as the boy throws the ball, I pull and launch it forward, hard enough to make it reach us.

But something is wrong. I watch as the football aims straight for us, fast and hard. Harder than I wanted it to. Closer and closer the football comes in fast. I freeze and panic a little, the ball still moving. “Watch out !” the boy shouts at us, he's just as shocked as I am. 15 feet. 10 feet. Im frozen, confused at what just happened. Oh crap...” I mutter to myself. Then, just as the ball is about to hit me Abby's hand is there in a flash. Grasping the ball firmly in her right hand. I sit there and stare at the leather bound ball mere inches from my face. “Scarlet, what was that ?” she whispers at me, “Are you trying to hurt yourself ?”

I barely shake my head, trying to understand what happened. “You were supposed to nudge it over here, not launch a missile. We want them to come flirt, not take you to the hospital !”

“I don't know what happened ! I barely pushed it !” I whispered back, laughing at myself. “Wow... Good job, Smarty,” she shakes the ball in my face making me laugh. “Dude.. that was kinda scary...” I admit. “Yeah. No shizz, Sherlock !”

“Hey, at least they're coming over here,” I wink at her nodding over at the two boys jogging over to us, confused and shocked. Abby just laughs quietly at me.

“Hey, are you alright ?” Seth gets to us first. He kneels down in front of me, worry rolling off of him. His left knee touches the sand, holding a fraction of his weight. Using my peripheral vision, I can see the sun beating down on his amazingly sculpted body. He looks so young, but he's so tall ! His hair is cropped short and a sweet smell surround him, mixed with a hint of ocean air. He is so tan that he looks as if he lives in the sun. I smile sweetly at him, “We're okay, thank you.” Seth sits there, staring into my eyes a little too hard. I look into his brown eyes, they are deep and for one reason or another it seems like he's trying to find something. But what ?

At this point, the other boy joins us now, he bends over a bit examining Abby and I, “I'm so sorry ! Are you alright ? I didn't mean for it to hit you.” Breaking the stare between Seth and I, I look up at the boy and smile sweetly again, “You didn't hit me, don't worry about a thing. We're alright, really.” Now this boy is staring at me with the same look is in his eyes. But this one doesn't last as long as Seth's did.

An unsatisfied look flashes through his eyes before he smiles at me again and says, “Are you sure ?” The attractive boy looks my body over once making me feel a little flattered. The way his eyes comb over my body felt a little more intimate than him just checking me for scratches or bumps. I do the same to him. Like Seth's, his body is amazingly sculpted (Oh my GOD !), and he's built a bit bigger than Seth is. Seth must be younger. His blue button up flaps in the ocean breeze giving me waves of a musty scent that surround him. My eyes rake up his body to his face. He has such a sweet face, his hair is cropped short too. I can tell that I'm blushing a little bit now. “Positive,” the corners of my eyes crinkle a little bit.

“Well, once again. I'm so sorry about that. I guess I threw it a bit harder than I meant to,” he chuckles lightly to himself, shaking his head. “I'm Embry. Embry Call, and this is Seth Clearwater,” Embry reaches out his hand then gestures to Seth. “It's alright, don't worry about it,” I tell him once more, shaking his hand. “I'm Scarlet Loralay and this is my sister Abby Charleston. I'm just glad that she caught it before it hit me,” I glance at my best friend.

Releasing Embry's hand, Abby takes her turn shaking while I shake Seth's. We exchange names once more. Then something weird happened. Letting go of Seth's hand, he stands straight and I look back over at Embry and Abby. Embry is holding Abby's hand lightly, their eyes are locked and both have the biggest smiles on their faces. I glance at Seth and he is watching them too, I bit of an envious look his eyes but he is smiling as though he is happy for them. “Abby ? That's a pretty name. Is it short for something ?” Embry asks her gently, not letting go of her hand. Abby lets out a little giggle, she obviously can't stop smiling, “Abigail.”

“Abigail..” Embry says, tasting the name for the first time, “I like it.” The way that he compliments Abby's full name sounds a whole lot more intimate that just flirting. And I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. The way that he says it is full of what sounds like love. Like pure love, not lust. The other times that guys would say her name made me angry and protective of my sister. When the other guys would say her name, they'd look over her body in a way that seemed way too intruding.

But this time is different. The way that Embry says it makes me feel happy for them. Not once does his eyes leave hers. It's like staring into them was more than enough for him. I could see in his eyes that he wanted Abby just for Abby, not for what is between her legs.

Seth clears his throat, causing the two to jump a little. Their hands linger together for a second longer before they unwillingly drop and they look around us a little as if they forgot that they weren't alone. “So.. uhmm.. You guys said that you're sisters ?” Seth asks us, well mainly me seeing how Embry and Abby are looking at each other again still smiling like idiots. Abby giggles a little, “Uh yeah..” Abby's voice trails off, “we're not really sisters. We're just best friends, but we might as well be sisters.” Abby explains looking at Seth.

“You guys related ?” I ask them.

“Nahh, just really good pals. But I guess you could call us brothers,” Embry pats Seth's back and wraps his arm around his shoulders. “Are you guys that close ?” Abby asks. “Uhmm... something like that,” Embry and Seth grin at each other as if they have some inside joke.

“Hmm..” Abby and I look at each other, remnants of her smile lingering in her eyes before she grins again.

“So what are you guys doing right now ?” Embry asks.

“Nothing really, just sunbathing,” Abby smiles at him. And by the way that Embry smiles back at her, I don't need a premonition to tell me that these two are going to end up together for God knows how long. “You guys want to play some catch with us ?” Seth asks nodding over at the ball Abby is still holding in her lap.

The offer makes us both smile. We glance over at each other and say, “Sure,” in unison.

Image

Jake


A small pile of broken twigs has accumulated on the sand in front of me. Out of the corner of my eye I see Embry and Seth shake hands with the two girls, obviously introducing themselves. When Embry shakes the brunette's hand it is quick, but when she shakes the blonde's hand he holds in a whole lot longer. I turn my head now, curious. They're just staring at each other, “Great.. the idiot probably found his imprint.” I shake my head. Disgusted.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to imjustinlove for getting Scarlet's vision MOSTLY right. Haha, good job !

So sorry this is such a short chapter ! I've been so crazy busy and what not ! Wellz anyways... here's the latest chapter ! I was going to make this longer but, it's been too long since ive posted a chapter.

What do you think ? What do you think is going to happen next ?
Please comment, subscribe, and share ! Mahalo !