My Tattooed Angel

Road Trip

I'm sitting on the couch reading the magazine I just got in the mail. Brian jumps on to the couch next to me and wraps his muscular arms around my neck.

"Hey." I say kissing him.

"I have a surprise for you." Brian says.

"What?" I ask throwing my magazine onto the table.

"You know how we really never had a honey moon?" Brian asks.

"Yeah, but It didn't really matter." I say.

"Well we're having one." Brian says.

"Ha...two years later. What do you have in mind?" I ask

"A trail ride in Nevada. Near the Rocky mountains...and we're leaving today." Brian says.

"Today? What if I said no?" I ask.

"Yeah, like you would say no to something to do with horses." Brian says.

"True. It sounds great, but what about Nate?" I ask.

"My dad offered to take him." Brian says.

"Brian, your the best. You really are." I say hugging him.

"I know, now come on." Brian says.

"What about my stuff?" I ask.

"Packed it." Brian says.

"Well aren't you organized." I say.

"Yep...now let's go." Brian says.

Brian and I drop Nate at Papa Gates' and then Brian takes the weal and drives. This is going to be so much fun, I just know it. Brian pulls into the driveway of the stable.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"Picking up Chance and Willie." Brian says.

"That's awesome." I say.

Willie is Lisa's horse. Brian must have worked this out before hand. Willie gets in the trailer easily. Chance is a different story. He never really liked trailers, but ever since I got him back, he's just worse. Somehow, I get him in...after half an hour.

"Is he good?" Brian asks.

"Technicality, no...but we're all set to go." I say.

"Alright, to Nevada we go." Brian says.

"Ha, alright." I say putting my feet on the dashboard.

Brian rolls his eyes and drives down the driveway. After a couple of hours of driving, we stop for gas. Brian checks on the horses and I go into the building. I pick up a couple sandwiches , mountain dew, and sour gummy worms.

"I should have known better then to send you in there alone." Brian says.

"Don't complain...I got your favorite." I say throwing him a sandwich bag.

"Ok...but Gummy worms?" Brian asks.

"Admit it, you'll end up eating half of them." I say.

"True." Brian says taking a bite of his sandwich.

I laugh and take a bite of mine. After we finish diner, we continue to Nevada. When it gets pitch black, Brian let's out a yawn.

"Tiered?" I ask.

"Yeah." Brian says.

"Maybe we should pull over. I'm to tiered to drive, and so are you. I'd be devastated if Chance or Willie died in an accident." I say.

"Alright." Brian says pulling over to the side.

"Night Brian." I say curling up in my seat.

"Good night." Brian says kissing my forehead and then putting back the seat.