Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Too Much to Handle

Jamie was awake, but she couldn't open her eyes. It wasn't until she heard Mikey's voice talking on his cell phone.

"...so you're coming at one?" he paused for a moment. "Okay.....yeah, that's great." He noticed that Jamie had woken up. "Oh, sorry Jay. Did I wake you?"

"Mikey, did you know that most people try to sleep peacefully?" Jamie asked sarcastically.

"Hey," Mikey retorted. "Don't call me out on that when you and Frank woke Gerard and I up because of his 'hair' issue."

Jamie rolled her eyes. "Changing the subject, who was that on the phone?"

"Nick," Mikey replied. "I forgot to ask her about the hangout yesterday and suddenly realized I needed to call her."

"Hangout?" Jamie repeated. "I almost forgot about that. Somehow I got a feeling that this is going to be a long day."

"What makes you think that?" he asked. "I'm sure it'll be fun."

Jamie scoffed. "Then you don't know Jake yet!"

Mikey nodded. "Oh, that guy. Gerard told me about him. Why'd you invite him?"

"Because I'm going to observe his actions," she explained. "I'm trying to see if he'll do anything threatening."

"What makes you think your plan will work?"

"Frankie will help me," Jamie spoke a little loud.

Responding to his name mentioned, Frank yawned and opened his eyes. "What about me?"

"Today you're going to help me," Jamie reminded him. "You're going to have to try to get him alone with you."

"Alone?" Frank said. "But won't there be four other people in the house?"

Jamie stood silent for a moment, then opened her mouth. "That's where Mikey and Gerard come in."

Awake the whole time they were talking, Gerard made his way into the conversation. "And what's our shot?"

Jamie turned to him. "You and the Mikester are going to take your girlfriends somewhere else besides the living room."

"Mikester?" Mikey smiled in amusement. "I like the sound of that."

"Anyway," Frank said. "It looks like our plan is clear. So there's no way that anything could get in the way of it."

"Are you sure?" Gerard asked.

"I'm positive."

Later in the afternoon, Nick was the first one to arrive, which stopped Jamie, Frank, and Gerard's curiosity for who she was.

"Nick, this is my brother Gerard and my friends Jamie and Frank," Mikey introduced.

"Hi," Jamie put out her hand and Nick shook it. "It's great to finally meet you. When it comes to girlfriends, Mikey's really shy."

Nick chuckled while Mikey blushed as she kissed him on the cheek.

"It's okay," she held his hand. "I'm kind of shy when it comes to romances, too."

"So, Nick," Gerard said. "Tell us a little about yourself."

"Well, I'm into sports," she began. "I used to be interested in basketball and most people say I'm athletic. The kind of movies that I like to watch are comedies and I like alternative rock."

"Oh, I like her," Jamie said.

Mikey put his arms around her. "You're going to fit in just fine."

There was a knock on the door and Gerard walked over to it to answer. When the door opened, Kristyn walked in with her hair curled nicely and her face looking cheerful. Unlike Jamie-who was wearing black skinny jeans, a Misfits shirt, and converse-she wore a white denim skirt, a purple tube top, and flip flops.

"Hey Kristyn," Frank waved.

"Glad you could make it," Jamie smiled.

"I know," Kristyn laughed. "My parents had to interrogate me before I left. They wanted to know where I was going, and who I was going to be with."

The next minute, Mikey introduced Nick again and everyone liked her a lot. The three girls had suddenly become a group of friends and they talked to each other about most things that girls did in their lives.

Jamie was still expecting Jake to come. Two hours had passed and he wasn't at the house yet.

If he loves me so much, he is sure to come here, Jamie told herself. She broke away from the group and got out the tape recorder from her bag. She went behind Frank and tapped him on the shoulder.

"He might come soon," she whispered. "So take this."

Frank grabbed it and put it in his jeans pocket that was big enough to hold a small recording device. At that moment, Jamie's prediction came true and the doorbell rang. Once again, it was Gerard who opened the door and Jake entered. But the only person that was shocked was Nick.

"Jake?" she looked at him like he was a ghost. "What are you doing here?"

He looked at her with equal surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with my boyfriend," she gestured to Mikey.

"Jamie invited me here," Jake gestured to Jamie.

"How do you know him?" Nick asked her.

"I met him at the CD store," Jamie replied.

Nick looked at him in horror to realize that Jamie was the girl that Jake had been mentioning all the time, the girl that he couldn't stop talking about.

Mikey was stirred in confusion. "How do you know him?"

"He's my ex-boyfriend," she answered.

"Ex-boyfriend!" Jake was flushed with anger. "I'm your friend, Nick! We dated before, but don't call me your ex-boyfriend!"

"Then don't yell at me!" Nick shouted.

Jamie held Frank's hand tightly and whispered into his ear. "We need to seperate them fast."

"Good idea," Frank sounded nervous.

This is too much to handle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. I meant to update on Friday, but I had a school dance and when I came home, I was completely exhausted. On Saturday, I went to a party and that knocked me out, too. So today was the lucky day! Hope you enjoyed it.

-Aliya