Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Alone Time

Frank knew he had to do something to stop the argument, but Mikey was ahead of him and cut in the middle of the two.

"I think you should go outside with us," Mikey grabbed Nick's arm. "We all should just hang out in the backyard."

Kristyn agreed because of how worried she was about what would happen. "Yeah, it's a nice day to be outside right now."

Nick's anger toned down and she decided not to ruin the day by ripping Jake's head off. She joined Mikey, Gerard, and Kristyn as they all walked outside, leaving Jamie, Frank, and Jake alone in the living room. Relieved that he didn't have to separate Nick and Jake, Frank glanced at Jamie on what to do next.

Jamie gave him the signal by nodding and it was time for the plan to go into action. "So Jake, are you going to join everyone else out in the yard?"

"No," Jake grumbled, his hands in his pockets. "If she's going to be there, then I'm perfectly happy with staying here."

He angrily sat on the couch and Jamie looked at Frank again. "Frank, why don't you stay here with Jake? Once you two get to know each other, it'll get less awkward. Right now, I'm going out with the others."

Before she left, she gave Frank one last look to assure him that everything was going to be fine and that he won't get hurt in any way. He gave her a worried look and hoped that she was right. As soon as she left the room, he was sitting on the couch at a far distance from Jake, getting more nervous by the minute.

"So, how's life?" he finally spoke and took out the tape recorder, making sure Jake didn't see it.

Jake stared at him with a dark look. "Look, I'm tired of trying to be nice. I don't like you. You have Jamie and she doesn't have me. I'm here to tell you that you need to watch your fucking back because soon she's going to be with me. I'll have to either hurt you or kill you to get to her. Understand?"

"I understand," Frank gulped hard as he put the tape recorder back in his pocket. He was seriously frightened by Jake's threat. Was there really anybody that could be this psychotic? He had to get out of there fast and nearly ran to the backyard where everybody was happily chatting.

When Frank came up next to her, Jamie gave him a kiss on the cheek. "So how did it go?"

"Oh, it went g-good," he stuttered. "I got some interesting information."

Jamie put her arms around him. "Frankie, you need to tell me what he did to you."

"N-nothing," Frank stammered. "He did absolutely nothing."

"That's a lie," she frowned. "Maybe you can tell me where it's just the two of us?"

"Okay," Frank walked away from the commotion as Jamie followed him.

Jamie put her hands on her hips. "Tell me what's up."

"Listen for yourself," he muttered as he handed her the tape recorder.

At first, Jamie hesitated to press the "play" button. What on earth did Jake say to make Frank act so weird? She hoped that there was no fighting involved.

If Jake even laid one finger on him, his ass is grass.

Finally her fingertips moved and she pressed the small button, triggering the message that Jake had given to Frank.

Her mouth dropped as she listened to the dreaded words that were spoken from the person that was so obsessed with her to threaten Frank.

"...I'll have to either hurt you or kill you to get to her."

When the message was over, Jamie threw her arms around Frank. "I"m so sorry, Frankie!"

"What do you mean you're sorry?" he asked.

"It was my plan for you to be alone with him," her eyes were glimmering with tears. "It was my fault that he threatened you like that."

He put his arm around her. "Jay, it was not your fault. You didn't even know that shit was going to happen, so stop blaming yourself."

"But-"

"It wasn't your fault," he said again.

"Wait," Jamie looked up to him. "Where is he now?"

"He's still in the house," Frank pointed to indoors.

"Is he still there?" Jamie asked curiously.

Frank shook his head. "I don't know."

"I'm going to check it out," she said. "And you're coming with me."

"As long as I'm with you," he admitted. "I'll be just fine. If I was alone, I'd be scared out my damn mind."

They walked inside the house and entered the living room where they both had last seen Jake. But he wasn't sitting on the couch anymore and he wasn't anywhere in the kitchen. The front yard was also empty.

"Where is he?" Jamie asked herself.

Frank gestured toward next door.

"Did you check your house?"