Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

We Know

"My house?" Jamie repeated. "What makes you think he'll be at my house?"

"Probably in your room to take your stuff," Frank replied. "Your parents aren't home and your brother's probably out."

"And don't forget that I told them to leave the door unlocked," Jamie began to understand where Frank was going. "Do think it's possible?"

"Not sure," Frank shrugged. "If you're curious about it, you're coming with me."

"If you go alone, that's suicide."

They walked across the lawn to the territory of her home and turned the door knob. Like Jamie said, it was open and they easily walked inside.

"Mom? Dad?" Jamie called just in case there was anybody in the house. "Kevin?"

Footsteps from upstairs were heard and both of them were afraid that it might be Jake coming down, but they were both relieved to find that it was Jamie's younger brother.

"What?" he spoke in his annoyed tone.

Frank let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, it's just you, Kevin. We thought-" He let the sentence cut.

"Thought what?" Kevin asked suspiciously.

"We thought there was nobody home," Jamie said quickly.

"Mom and Dad are gone," Kevin told them. "It's just me and my friend's going to come over soon. Why did you guys come in here?"

"Just to check if the house was alright," Jamie lied. "I just don't want anybody robbing our house, right?"

"You really need a house key," Kevin said. "We all do."

"Even Frankie does," Jamie teased.

"Maybe I will," Frank playfully shoved her.

"Then get one," Jamie thought she made a lousy comeback.

"That was lame," Frank laughed.

"You're lame," she stuck out her tongue.

"Oh, you're good," Frank smiled wide.

"You're better," Jamie kissed him on the cheek, completely forgetting that her brother was watching.

"What did I say about the romance?" Kevin said in disgust. "I don't want any of that stuff happening while I'm around."

Jamie sighed with irritation. "One day, you'll like girls. Kev."

"And when will that day ever happen?" Frank asked.

"That's it," Kevin made his way back upstairs. "I'm out of here before the scene turns into a PG-13 rating."

"Or rated R!" Frank and Jamie yelled in unison.

"Ugh!" Kevin groaned.

There was the sound of the his bedroom door slamming and he no longer was in earshot, so Jamie was able to talk about Jake.

"I guess he left," Jamie said, feeling stupid about her paranoia.

"Yeah, to plan what he's going to do to me!" Frank panicked. "I am in deep shit right now!"

Jamie took both of his hands. "Listen, you're going to be fine. We both are. I'm not going to let him hurt you and you're not going to let him hurt me. We got each other and we got Mikey and Gerard."

Frank looked at her and couldn't figure out how she could stay so confident and calm about what was happening to her so far. By now, she should be scared and worried. But that's not how Jamie was. Jamie was strong and that was one of the qualities that Frank loved about her.

"What now?" Frank asked after they both had a few minutes of silence.

"We better go back before they think he killed us," she joked.

"Thank goodness you're back!" Nick hugged both of them when they came through the front door.

Frank glanced at Mikey in confusion. "Did we miss something here?"

"Nick was worried about you guys when you suddenly disappeared," Mikey explained.

"Why?" Jamie asked.

"It's about Jake," Nick pulled away from them. "I think there's something you should know about him. He-"

"He's stalking me," Jamie interrupted her.

Nick's eyes grew wide. "You knew?"

"All along," Gerard said. "She's been paranoid ever since th day she met him."

"There's still one thing I don't get," Mikey said. "How exactly are you friends with him? He seems weird when you're perfectly normal. How did you both manage?"

When she spoke, Nick's voice was shaking. "Jake wasn't always like this."

"Can you tell us what happened to him?" Kristyn asked.

Nick felt tears run down her cheeks as she began to tell all of them the heartbreaking story of how her one friend changed from being normal to crazy in just one year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, poor Nick.

Let's just say this is an exception to all my readers because I usually update on weekends (mostly Fridays). I've been in a good mood today because of the really hot weather in California and felt like updating. I hoped you loved this chapter!

-Aliya