Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Just Sleep

That night, they were all sprawled on the grass with blankets all around. Everybody had agreed that it didn't matter where they were going to be laying because they might as well just be comfortable.

"Don't you just love the sky?" Nick was staring at the sky with a few stars scattered.

Mikey's head was resting on her stomach. "Don't you just love a good pillow?"

Nick took off his glasses. "I never even knew my stomach was so comfortable. Actually, I never even knew I had a stomach."

"Don't think of yourself as anorexic," Mikey grabbed back his glasses. "You're just fine like that."

"Wait, how come you never say that to me?" Jamie was laying near them. Frank was with her, his arms around her waist. "You sometimes say that I'm too skinny. And my body structure is kind of like Nick's."

"I only say that to annoy you," he said. "But I don't really mean it."

"Thanks," Jamie picked at a few blades of grass. "You make me feel a little bit better, Mikester." She turned her head to look over at Frank.

"Frankie, are you sleeping?"

"No," Frank murmured. "My eyelids just seem to be fighting against me. I just can't seem to win."

"Rough day?" she asked while moving his arms off of her waist.

"Very rough," he mumbled. "When you're having an issue at the moment, it wipes you out."

Jamie laughed. "If you're sleepy, just rest. Maybe that'll get your mind off of Jake."

"Where do you think he went?" Frank's eyes suddenly opened.

"Probably home," she said. "Jealousy got the better of him, so maybe he just ditched."

"I'll go to sleep then," he closed his eyes and soon drifted to sleep.

Jamie glanced over at Mikey and Nick. "Poor Frank. He's been worrying all day."

"Why does Jake have to be like that?" Nick looked down. "I really miss the old Jake. Before, he used to be so normal. It was so easy to talk to him and he was so sweet, but now the Jake that I love is gone."

"I'm sure he'll come back," Mikey said supportively.

"I hope so."

"Where's Gerard?" Jamie realized she hadn't heard from him in the past hour.

"The two love ducks are over there," Mikey pointed over to two silhouettes kissing. "Those two just can't keep their eyes off of each other."

"Be nice to Gerard," Jamie said. "He hasn't had a girlfriend in while. I think the last time was when he was in eighth grade and dated that girl named Serra."

"I didn't really like her," Mikey said. "She was really rude to me."

"Same here," Jamie agreed. "Kristyn is so much better than she is. Despite Kristyn being different from us, she's still a pretty nice person."

"I no longer think of her as different," Mikey sat up. "She's fitting in with us well."

Jamie nodded with tired eyes as she looked down at Frank sleeping peacefully which made her eyelids fall into a battle, too. With no urge to fight toward them, she decided to let them win.

"Well I'm gonna crash," she rested her head on Frank's chest and heard the beating of his heart. She closed her eyes and fell asleep after a few more minutes of thinking.

In the middle of the night, all of them had been awaken by a loud and uninvited noise coming from the side of the house.

"What the hell?" Gerard jumped to his feet.

"What was that noise?" Kristyn grasped onto his arm tightly as for since she was struck with fear.

"I don't know," Frank let go of Jamie's hand. "But I'm going to check it out."

Before he took another step, Jamie grabbed his hand again. "Frank, don't go! What if something happens?"

"Nothing is going to happen," he took another attempt to step forward, but Jamie just wouldn't let go.

"You can't know that," there was frustration in her voice as she clenched her teeth. Suddenly, she realized that she sounded like Frank when he was worried about Jake. They had switched roles and she was now the one panicking over the person she loved.

"I said nothing is going to happen to me," his eyes were serious and he sounded frustrated also. "If anything happens, Mikey will be there to help me."

"Right," Mikey said ruefully. "Wait...I am?"

"Yes," Frank groaned. "You're coming with me while Gerard stays here with the girls."

"Hold on there," Jamie tightened her grip around his hand so much that he could have lost circulation. "I'm coming with you because I said I wouldn't let you out of my sight."

Frank, Jamie, and Mikey crept to the side of the house and in the darkness, they could see a pile of wood on the ground. Part of the fence had been knocked down, leaving a big gap in the fence.

"What the fuck happened?" Mikey asked while picking up a board from the fence.

Frank swallowed hard and began to have the feeling of fear deep in the pit of his stomach again as he spoke the words to Mikey and Jamie.

"I think someone tried to break in."
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like they could've ran into trouble. This must be very bad.

-Aliya