Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Willow

"There's no way I'm going to hang out with her!" Kevin yelled. "Why would I hang out with a girl?"

"Because she wants to spend time with you," Jamie said sternly. "Please Kev, for once just hang out with a girl. You're thirteen and that's the age for you to hang out with them."

"Mom, can you help me out here?" her brother glanced over to the kitchen where their mother was.

"Jamie's right, Kevin," their mom agreed. "You can't continue to just ignore girls. You'll have to be with them sooner or later."

Defeated, Kevin groaned. "Okay, I'll just hang out with her. I doubt I'll enjoy it."

"You're always negative," Jamie elbowed his arm. "I'm sure she's a cool person."

"Are you sure?" Kevin asked.

"I'm very sure," she put her arm on his shoulder as they walked out the house to go next door.

"Guys," Nick announced. "I'd like you to meet my sister, Willow."

"Hey," Mikey waved. "I'm your sister's boyfriend, Mikey. Willow's an awesome name by the way."

"Thanks," Willow smiled. "My sister told me a lot about you and I think it's amazing that you play the bass guitar."

Willow's hair was blonde like her sister's and the tips of her hair were dyed black. She was wearing black jeans and a red hoodie. She was a little bit shorter than Kevin.

"I like her already," Mikey said to Nick, who laughed at his statement.

"I knew you would."

"Hi Willow," Jamie greeted. "My name is Jamie. This is my boyfriend Frank and I'm sure you're going to love being around us."

"Because we're awesome," Frank added.

"Of course we're awesome," Jamie played along. "Except I'm more awesome."

"No I am," Frank chuckled.

"Then show me," she gave him a look that meant she was being flirty.

"Glad to," he kissed her on the lips and carried her bridal style.

Unlike Kevin, Willow wasn't disgusted with the romance. Instead, she thought it was cute. As she was being introduced to everyone else, Kevin had a weird feeling in his mind as he looked at Willow. Butterflies were fluttering in his stomach, but he didn't know why. He kept staring at her eyes and couldn't concentrate on anything else.

"This is Kevin," Jamie introduced. "He's really looking forward to hanging out with you today."

"Me too," Willow nodded. "I hope you enjoy being with me."

"Yeah," Kevin said slowly. "W-we're gonna have tons of fun."

Aw, he's so cute., Willow thought. Maybe I should make him feel less shy?

"Um, are you okay?" she asked. "You seem nervous."

"Nervous?" Kevin felt more butterflies enter. "I'm fine! Perfectly fine. So what do you want to do?"

Willow shrugged. "We could go to the park. It's not that far from here."

"That's a good idea," Jamie insisted. "It's not like the weather is bad or anything."

Kevin finally spoke clearly. "Okay, we could go there now."

They walked out the door and turned right to go to the park. Kevin felt himself shaking more by the minute.

Was he attracted to Willow?

"How do you think it's gonna turn out?" Gerard turned to Jamie and Nick.

"They'll have fun," Jamie said. "I'm sure they will. I've also noticed the way Kevin was acting around her. I think he's starting like her."

"Bet you ten bucks that they'll end up being together when they come back," Frank laughed.

"You're on," Mikey took it as a challenge.

Nick rolled her eyes. "You guys are too much."

"Seriously," Jamie shook her head.

"Jay, you won't think like that when I win!" Frank said.

"And who says you will win?"

"Kevin, have you ever had a girlfriend?" Willow was just curious.

"No," Kevin replied. "I don't really hang out with girls that much."

"You don't?" she seemed surprised. "When I first saw you, I expected you to be the kind of guy that loves girls."

"I'm not an expert when it comes to them," Kevin confessed.

Willow hesitated, then said, "I have a question for you."

"Yes?"

"What do you think of me?"

Kevin stopped walking. He didn't know what to say to her and felt his stomach curl up. In his mind, he was thinking about Willow and how pretty she looked. But what would happen if he told her that?

"You're fine," was all he said.

"By the way you said that I don't think that's true," Willow said. "Would it be better if I told you what I think of you first before you tell me?"

"I guess so," Kevin said.

"I'm being honest here," Willow hesitated again. "I think you're a nice guy. For the past hour that I've known you, I've felt comfortable around you. Now, what's you opinion on me?"

Since she just told him the truth, Kevin couldn't just lie to her because it wouldn't be right. He had been crushing on her and just had to let it all out.

"I think you're pretty," he answered. "Very pretty. And you're the first girl that I ever liked."

Willow blushed at his words and grabbed his hand. "I'm glad you told me that."

"Same here."

"Let's go back and surprise them," they both laughed.

The whole time they walked back, they held hands and Kevin's feelings toward girls changed. He also reminded himself to thank Jamie when he got back. When they walked through the door, Frank couldn't help but cheer about how he was right.

"Mikey, you so owe me ten bucks!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Another couple is added! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did.

Isn't Frank funny?

I also submitted a new story called "Pressure Never Seemed So High" and hope you enjoy that, too. Comments always bring a smile to my face.

-Aliya