Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

My Cousin is Here

The rest of the day, Kevin and Willow spent all their time together and it made Jamie feel like her role as matchmaker was being paid off. Mikey had to give Frank ten bucks because he lost the bet and it was another day that ended the weekend smoothly.

When Jamie came downstairs on Monday, she noticed that there was something different about her brother. Kevin was actually dressed in jeans.

"You look different," Jamie said. "I don't think I've ever seen you wear anything besides running shorts. Why the sudden change of style?"

"It's for Willow," he answered. "I think I should upgrade my style for her. I didn't really think I looked good around her."

"You look better," Jamie complimented. "Maybe you should dress like that more often."

"I will," Kevin thanked her in a way. "Did you know that Willow goes to my school?"

"She does?" Jamie asked. "Surprising that you never saw her."

"Yeah, it is surprising," Kevin agreed. "I'll be sure to find her there."

"You have grown up, Kev," Jamie sighed proudly. "Glad you have a girlfriend."

"I like being mature now," he grinned.

"Jamie, can you and Kevin come here?" their mother called from the kitchen.

Both of them set down their backpacks and walked to where their mother was, who was sitting at the table.

"What's up, Mom?" Jamie pulled up a chair next to her. Kevin did the same.

"Next week is spring break for you two," her mother began.

Kevin nodded. "Keep going."

"For that week, your aunt and uncle are coming," she said.

"Which aunt and uncle?" Kevin asked.

"Your Aunt Laura and Uncle John," she replied.

"Wait," Jamie paused. "If they're coming, does that mean Kayla and Zeke are coming, too?"

"Of course they're coming," her mother confirmed. "Can't the whole family come?"

"Well..." Jamie stopped her sentence.

"What's wrong with them coming?" her mother demanded.

"I don't really get along with Kayla," Jamie answered.

"Can you get along with her this time?"

"That's the problem," Jamie groaned. "When I try to talk to her, she's always avoiding communication with me. I think it's because of her whole cheer leading life."

"She's avoiding you because you're both different?" her mother thought of the reason. "That's ridiculous. I think your cousin needs to at least have a relationship with you, whether she likes it or not."

"It will be difficult," Kevin warned his mom. "I know those two well. Very well."

"She's coming tomorrow?" Frank was with Jamie at the mall on Saturday. "Do you have to be with them or will you still have time to hang out with us?"

"I don't know," Jamie shrugged. "I'm not sure if she'll come along with us or not, but my mom will want me to accompany her."

"I'm going to help you out," Frank said. "If you're having issues with the relatives, I'll try the best I can to make your week of spring break an awesome one."

"You always do that," Jamie pouted.

"Do what?"

"You always know how to cheer me up. How do you do that?"

Frank smiled. "I think I got some charm in the special grin I always give you."

"The way your lips are," Jamie agreed while she looked him in the eyes.

He laughed. "Now how do you do that?"

"What are you talking about?" she was puzzled.

"That sort of shine in your eyes," he held her hands. "Those eyes are my weakness. That's what makes me carry you most times."

"It's because I look at you, Frankie," her eyes continued to glimmer, making her more beautiful to Frank than ever."

"That's the reason I smile so good," he moved forward to kiss her lips. Their lips were just about to touch until their presence was disturbed.

"Jamie? Is that you?"

Frank and Jamie pulled away. "Kayla?"

A girl with light brown hair was waving at her. "Yes, it's me!"

"What are you doing here?" Jamie got more confused by the minute. "My mom told me that you were coming tomorrow!"

"My parents decided to give you guys a little surprise," she said. "When we got there, she told me that you were at the mall, so your dad gave me a ride here and I've been trying to find you. Who's this?"

Frank grabbed Jamie's hand again. "Kayla, this is my boyfriend, Frank. Frank, this is my cousin, Kayla."

"Hi," he waved.

"It's amusing to be meeting Jamie's love interest," Jamie felt embarrassed by her cousin's words.

"Uh, thanks?" Frank chuckled uncomfortably.

"I hope I have a cute relationship like you guys," she giggled. "I could possibly meet a guy here, like that one. He's pretty good looking."

"Who?" Jamie looked around for who she was talking about.

"Him," Kayla pointed. They followed the direction to where her finger was pointing at and finally found the guy that her cousin was admiring.

Jamie held Frank's hand as tight as she could when they recognized who they were looking at.

It was Jake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, crap. What has Kayla put herself into?

And sorry that this took so long, I was too busy updating my new story and almost forgot about updating this one. I hope you forgive me and thank you for being so patient!

-Aliya