Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

My Heart

"No!" Jamie exclaimed a little loudly.

Kayla looked back at her. "What's wrong with you?"

"You just can't," Jamie nearly choked.

"Can't what?" Kayla looked at her like she was crazy.

"That....that guy," Jamie spatted the last word. "You just can't like him."

"Is there something wrong about him?" Kayla asked.

"Everything," Frank said. "That guy is bad news, Kayla."

"Bad news?" Kayla repeated. "I like a kind of bad boy."

Jamie grabbed her cousin's arm. "You don't understand us right now. He's not just bad. He's psychotic."

"Explain why," Kayla demanded.

"That guy over there," Frank began telling her. "He threatened me and he stalks Jamie. Do you see what we're trying to tell you?"

Kayla swallowed. "That's definitely not normal. Maybe I should listen to you guys and stay away from him."

"You don't want to make the same mistake I did," Jamie sulked, thinking back at the time she first talked to Jake. She had no idea what would become of him.

"Let's get out of here," Frank said hoarsely, acknowledging that he was nervous at the moment.

The three of them quickly rushed away from the area and were fortunate that Jake did not catch a glimpse of them. If he had seen them, it would've been a twisted reunion, completely pulling them into a trap.

"I think it's best if we go back home," Jamie insisted when they were near one of the mall's exits. "I want to introduce Frank to everyone else. How's your older brother?"

"Zeke's doing good," Kayla said. "I'm sure he and Frank will get along. He's already like a big brother to Kevin."

"Same here," Jamie nodded in agreement. "Now let's get out to the parking lot and get the hell out of here."

She and Frank were both relieved to escape another confrontation with someone that they knew they were afraid of. But one question suddenly came into Jamie's mind as she felt stupid that she just realized it.

"Kayla, why are you suddenly talking to me this time?" she asked while they were driving back to Jamie's house.

"I don't want there to be any hard feelings between us," Kayla answered. "We may have been distant in the past, but now that we're both seventeen, it's time to let that go. Jamie, do you think that we could be friends?"

Jamie smiled. "I've been wanting to do that. I'm glad you've been letting loose a bit. Of course we'll become friends."

"See Jay?" Frank said vainly. "I told you this will work out."

Jamie scoffed. "Frankie, sometimes you make up shit."

"I would've been right anyway," Frank tried pointing out.

"Uh huh," Jamie rolled her eyes. "Being right would be a first for you."

"Do you always have to do sarcasm?" Frank took his hand off the wheel for a second to shove her a little.

Jamie hit his arm. "Yes. And I always have to win."

They stopped in front of her house. "You bring that up too much!"

"Because it's true," she laughed and then paused for a minute. "But I know one thing you will always win."

"What's that?" Frank felt her breath lightly touch him.

"My heart," she kissed him passionately, once again forgetting that there was a third person with them.

"You guys really like showing people that you love each other, don't you?" Kayla's voice spoke.

Jamie and Frank just ignored her and continued to kiss.

"There you are, Jay!" Zeke lifted Jamie up into a bear hug. He was nineteen years-old, had light brown hair like his sister's and was also athletic and played basketball.

"Great to see my brother again!" Jamie hugged him back.

"Where were you?"

"I was at the mall."

Zeke looked at Frank. "And who's this?"

"This is Frank," Jamie introduced. "He's my boyfriend."

"Hey," Frank expanded a hand and Zeke shook it.

"Remember to treat my cousin good," Zeke said.

"Of course I will," Frank said. "I'll treat her good and I'll protect from anything."

Jamie knew that Frank meant Jake when he said "anything".

"Is that Jamie that I hear?" she heard the faint voice of her uncle come from the kitchen.

"Yes, it's me," Jamie walked into the kitchen. She was soon greeted by the hugs from her aunt and uncle and once again introduced Frank to them, happy that she didn't get humiliated.

They went back into the living room and helped with the suitcases to pass some time.

"Frank are you leaving soon?" Kayla asked him and then turned to Jamie. "I'm sleeping with you in your room tonight, right?

Jamie and Frank exchanged looks at each other, trying not the grin.

"You can't sleep in my room," Jamie said. "And Frank isn't leaving yet."

"Why not?" Kayla sound disappointed.

"Because I'm sleeping over," Frank replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like Frank's staying over at Jamie's house again. Probably for the whole week lol.

The chapter title was based on the song "My Heart" by Paramore.

This wasn't really special and it's probably boring, but I'm doing the best I can to satisfy my readers. Enjoy.

-Aliya