Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

How Stupid Can You Get?

Jamie was silent for a while.

"Hello?" Kayla was still on the phone. "Are you still there?"

"Kayla, how stupid can you get?" Jamie groaned. "I told you to stay away from Jake!"

"Don't call me stupid," Kayla snapped. "He's a nice guy and we unexpectedly bumped into each other at the store.

"Okay, so tell me exactly what happened in that scene," Jamie rolled her eyes.

"Fine," Kayla began. "It was when I was helping my mom...."

"Put that in the cart," Kayla's mother told her. "We're almost done."

"I hope so," Kayla said. "Because we've been here for about an hour and I want time to hang out with everyone."

"You have the whole week anyway," her mother said.

Kayla walked away from the cart. "Well, I'm heading to the magazine section. If you're ready to leave, you'll find me there."

Before her mother could say another word, Kayla had already been far enough to be unable to hear her. She made her way towards the magazines and books and accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry-" Kayla stopped as she realized who she ran into.

It was the guy that Jamie had told her specifically to stay away from. She knew what she had to do. She had to quickly get away before he could talk to her at all. She could just forget about buying a magazine and head straight back to her mother.

"That's okay," he spoke before she took a step. "I kind of need to watch where I'm going. Have I seen you before?"

"Yesterday, I saw you at the mall," Kayla said. "But I don't really think you saw me."

"Yeah, I saw you," he said. "I just didn't know who you were."

"I'm Kayla," she decided that he couldn't really harm her. "You might know my cousin, Jamie."

"That's right," another plan had came to his devious mind as this girl could be another link to Jamie. It was time for him to form a friendship and get what he deserved. Or at least what he thought he deserved.

"You know, you're really pretty up close," he tried his sweet talk.

Kayla blushed. "Thanks. You're not so bad looking yourself."

"Would you like to go to the movies tonight?" he asked. "That way we'll get to know each other."

"Sure," she nodded. "I'll see you tonight then."

"So it's a date?"

"It's a date."

She walked away from him while smiling, but also confused. Jamie described Jake like he was a dirt or scum. But he turned out to be the complete opposite.

He can't be bad, can he?


"...now I'm going out with him," Kayla concluded.

"And you actually believed him?" Jamie never knew her cousin was so gullible. "You know, most people that are up to no good tend to lie. A lot."

"If he was really bad, then he probably wouldn't ask me out," Kayla still didn't get it.

"Listen, you need to cancel that date," Jamie said sternly.

"Why should I?"

"What did I just tell you?" Jamie shook her head angrily.

"I am not going to cancel his plans," Kayla said. "I'm going out with him whether you like it or not."

"But-" Jamie heard a small beep and she looked at her phone. The call had ended.

"She's a fucking retard!" Jamie threw her phone and it landed in Frank's lap.

"You mind telling us what just happened on that conversation?" Frank handed her back the cell phone.

Jamie snatched it back. "Zeke, have you ever noticed how much of a dumb ass your sister is?"

"Yes, and I think this is another reason why you choose me over her," Zeke said.

Jamie turned to Frank. "She's actually going out with my stalker."

"What?" everyone except Zeke asked in disbelief.

"But didn't we-"

"She wouldn't listen," Jamie shook her head again.

"Does this mean we'll have to try to break them up?" Mikey asked.

"What do you think?" Gerard looked at him.

"Mikester, that's our plan," Frank said. "Jay, what are we going to do?"

"A little bit of spying," Jamie answered. "Frank, you, Gerard, and Mikey are coming with me tonight. We're going to follow Kayla on her little 'date'."
♠ ♠ ♠
Jamie and the group are going to be spies! This calls for some theme music. *plays music*

I only need seventy chapters. Interesting, isn't it? Yes, you're probably really glad about what I'm doing. You're My Obsession is going to have 100 or more chapters.

-Aliya