Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Grounded

"Way to go, Frank," Jamie muttered. "That big virus in your brain got us caught."

"I'm sure she'll just think she was hallucinating," Frank whispered. "Maybe she'll just go back to watching the movie."

But Jamie heard footsteps near the aisle and she immediately knew that Kayla had found her.

"Jamie, what are you doing here?" Kayla asked. Most people around them had all their eyes on the scene.

"Enjoying a movie?" Jamie answered. "Isn't this what a movie theater is for?"

"But you said you hated this movie," Kayla said.

"Um, we gotta go," Jamie grabbed Frank's arm and Gerard and Mikey followed her to the exit.

"So much for our 'secret' stakeout," Frank said as soon as they got out.

"It was worth a shot," Mikey said with optimism.

"Let's just get out of here," Jamie sighed.

Behind her, she heard the sound of a door opening. "I'm not done talking to you, Jamie."

Rolling her eyes, Jamie turned around and faced Kayla and Jake. "What?"

"You need to tell me the truth," Kayla demanded. "Why were you all here?"

Jamie opened her mouth and then paused for a minute. "We were......spying on you."

Kayla gasped. "Spy on me? Why the hell would you spy on me?"

"Because we're just curious about what you would do on your date, " Jamie lied.

As she was explaining, Jake kept glaring at Jamie. Right at that moment, he just wanted to let go of Kayla's hand and lift Jamie away from everyone else. He found himself lost in that stare again and slapped himself in his mind for looking like an idiot.

"You're jealous of me," Kayla accused.

"Why the fuck is everyone saying that?" Jamie under her breath. "I'm not jealous at all. Frank is the person that I trust the most and he'll be the one guy that I'll love, no matter what shit he pulls. I am sick of the crap you're saying."

Flushed with anger, she walked away from everybody and got out through the front doors of the theater. She turned right and decided to just stand in the nearby alley.

After a few more minutes, Frank finally found her sitting down on the cold floor and he sat down next to her.

"Mad at her?" he asked.

"Very," Jamie nodded. "I don't even know why I wanted to be friends with her in the first place. She's such a total bitch."

She laid her head in Frank's lap. "This break up thing is going to be harder than I thought."

"You think?" Frank looked down at her. "You catching that virus from me?"

Jamie chuckled. "Great, Frank. You made my mind load slowly, too."

"You're welcome," Frank laughed.

She got up from his lap and stood up. "We better get home. I need you to be there for me when I face my mother."

"Why do you have to 'face' her?" Frank asked.

"Knowing Kayla, she probably will snitch on me," Jamie said. "She'll tell my mom the wrong idea and then I'll get in trouble. For all I know, I could get grounded since I didn't really tell the truth."

"Why do I need to be there?"

Jamie sighed again. "She won't be so hard on me if you're there, too."

"Oh," Frank said.

Loading...

When they got to her house, Jamie poked her head through the door.

"Uh...I'm home, Mom."

"Jamie Dawson, get in here now," her mother called.

Jamie and Frank walked in the kitchen.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Please explain to me why you were spying on Kayla," her mother said.

"Well, I was very very curious about what she was going to do," Jamie said. "So we decided to kind of follow her there and see what would happen. But I was never ever jealous."

"That was a very bad thing to do," her mother spoke in the lecturing tone again. "It's not right to spy."

"Wait, so I'm not grounded?" Jamie asked.

"Grounded?" her mother looked at her. "What are you talking about?"

"Never mind," Jamie and Frank walked back to the living room.

"I owe you," Jamie kissed Frank's cheek. "Because of you, she was soft on me."

"Maybe I should use you next time I'm in trouble," Frank put his arms around her waist.

"Good idea," Jamie laughed.

For the next hour, Frank stayed with Jamie until it was time for him to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you just love using people? lol

I'm so close to ten stars! I'd really like to thank all my readers for that. :]

-Aliya