Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

This Is How You Disappear

When she came back, Kayla was told that everybody was next door. As she walked to the Way household, she felt guilty about being so stubborn to Jamie when she should have believed her before. Jake was out of control and to think she was going to actually be with him.

Kayla knocked on the door and Jamie answered it. "Oh, hi."

When she came in, Jamie didn't hesitate to ask her. "Did you do it?"

Her cousin didn't seem confused about what she was talking about. "Yeah, I did it."

"Did he do anything?" Jamie started to tighten her fists. "Because if he did, I swear his dick is seriously going to be-"

"He didn't do anything," Kayla interrupted. "I'm surprised by this because he took it well."

"I think I know why," Jamie said. "He probably didn't really like you. It was a plan."

"Plan?" Kayla asked. "What would that plan have been?"

"His plan would be to use you," Jamie told her. "He'd use you to get to me."

Kayla's inquisitive mind still didn't give up. "When did this whole thing happen?"

The dreaded question

"About a few weeks ago," Jamie answered. "When I met him, I was like you. Jake seemed so nice, but his looks and attitude were deceiving after I found out the truth from Nick."

Jamie's eyes began to water. "Kayla, why didn't I see it? I could have just walked away, but now it's too late."

Kayla hugged her. "You shouldn't be mad at yourself, okay? There was absolutely no way that you could have ever known what he was up to."

"But I'm still so confused," Jamie sobbed. "Why me? There's a lot of girls that are far more better than me. Why am I the one he wants?"

"I don't quite know what to say about that," Kayla shook her head. "It's just something about you that possibly got Jake's attention."

"Well I want it to go away!" Jamie continued to cry. "Kayla, he's brought me into this fucked up dilemma and I can't get away from it. I-I hate him so much."

Jamie buried her face in her cousin's shoulder as Kayla comforted her as much as she could. She knew nothing could make Jake go away, but it brought her and Jamie closer.

That night, Kayla lay on the couch with her eyes wide open. When she first arrived in Belleville, her first thought was just about being friends with Jamie. They weren't quite good acquaintances and she didn't want anything bitter to go on while she was visiting.

She had specifically told her whole family that things were going to change between her and Jamie. When she entered Jamie's house, she was looking for her right away, but was full of disappointment when her aunt said that Jamie was out. But there was still a chance when her uncle offered to give her a ride to the mall.

Kayla found Jamie and that was when she saw Jake. At that moment, it was a sign where everything would take a sudden turn.

Now that they became closer, Kayla felt really sorry for Jamie and promised that she'd help her out whenever she needed her. It hurt for her to see Jamie so upset and Kayla blamed Jake.

Finally unable to close her eyes, Kayla got off of the couch and got dressed. Since she couldn't sleep, she decided to take a walk and clear her mind a bit, completely ignoring the fact that it was in the middle of the night.

She got her jacket and quietly walked out the door.

The air was incredibly freezing and she regretted wearing a thin jacket that wasn't helping bring warmth to her arms. She still continued to walk ahead and tried to walk strong through the vigorous wind that stung her eyes.

It wasn't until she heard footsteps behind her. Who would be outside this late at night? She moved faster and hoped that whoever was behind her wasn't following.

But the footsteps were still behind her and they were louder this time. Kayla was about to panic, but thought she was just imagining things.

Why would anyone want to follow her?

When she turned around to see who the mysterious stranger was, nobody was there and she was alone. Paranoia still bothered her and she wanted to check if anybody was hiding away from her.

"Hello?" she called out. "Is anyone there?"

No answer.

"Don't try to hide," she said. "If you're hiding, show yourself.

There was still no answer and she shrugged it off and started walking again, but the footsteps were still around her and her ear could hear them loud and clear. She turned around and there was the figure that she was looking for. It was too dark to see, so she couldn't tell if she knew the person of not.

Kayla dashed away from the figure and hoped that she'd be able to lose them by running as fast as she could and hide.

She was running so fast that she didn't see the huge rock and tripped over it, causing her to twist her ankle. Now she could only crawl.

Soon the figure caught up with her and she knew she was doomed by the time her leg was grabbed by the hand. She screamed, but they weren't around anyone to hear.

"Who the fuck are you?" Kayla asked.

The figure moved closer to her face and showed recognition to her, making her scream even louder.

"Surely you can't forget me," he whispered. "Can you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to dedicate this chapter to heartbreakisforever, Happy Sunshine, RIOT!xoxoSCARG33, and bloodravyn for giving me funny and touching comments.

I'd also like to thank Chloe (alohilani), Kristyn (Hopelessly Devoted), and Kavleen (FizziPunjabi) for being my awesome friends at home and I love you guys!

-Aliya