Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

It Has To Be You

When Jamie came downstairs the next day, she realized that Kayla was not on the couch and there was nothing left except disheveled blankets.

"Kayla?" Jamie looked around and no one had come.

Jamie went to the guest room where her aunt and uncle were in. They were both still in bed and were sleepily looking in the doorway.

"Jamie?" her aunt yawned. "What are you doing in here?"

"It's Kayla," Jamie replied. "She's not sleeping and I've checked the kitchen. I was thinking she might be in here."

"No, she's not in here," her aunt said.

"Then I'll try to check upstairs," Jamie closed the door and headed to her brother's room. Without knocking, she opened the door and Kevin and Zeke were sleeping, too.

"What the...?" Zeke squinted his eyes.

"Is Kayla in here?" Jamie asked.

"Not that I know of," Kevin said.

"Shit," Jamie cursed under her breath.

She then told everyone to get out of bed and meet in the living room. Everyone did as they were told and met in the living room while wondering what Jamie wanted to tell them.

"Honey, why did you wake us all up?" her mother looked the most tired.

"I think we've got an emergency," Jamie told them all. "Kayla isn't anywhere to be found in the house. Right now, she's missing."

Her uncle got out of his seat. "Missing? Where could my daughter be?"

"That's exactly what I'm thinking," Jamie said. "Which is why we all should do a search party and try to find her."

"Search party?" her father said. "Don't you think you're going a little extreme?"

"Not really, Dad," Jamie said to him. "We all should know that Jersey isn't the safest place to be around and a lot of crimes happen here. I'm sure that whatever happened to Kayla, it must be bad."

"Jamie's right," Zeke nodded. "We all should start searching now."

"Do we have to?" Kevin whined.

"If you care about your cousin," Jamie groaned.

"Fine, I'll do it," Kevin gave in.

"We're going to split up," Jamie planned. "Uncle John, you're with Aunt Laura. Mom, you're with Dad. And Kevin, you and Zeke are searching together."

"What about you?" Zeke asked.

"I'm going to ask for more help," Jamie answered. "Because the first place I'm going to is next door."

When everyone was ready to start looking, they all left the house as Jamie headed to Gerard and Mikey's home. She called Kristyn and Nick to meet her there, but didn't explain anything to them.

When Jamie came into their house, she asked them if they knew where Kayla was.

"We haven't seen her since yesterday," Mikey said.

"She's missing and I need your help to find her," Jamie said.

The doorbell rang and Jamie went to go open it. When she opened it, Frank dashed in.

"Okay, I got your message," he panted. "How long has she been gone?"

"Since this morning."

The doorbell rang again and this time it was Kristyn and Nick.

"You told us to meet you here," Kristyn said. "What's up?"

"My cousin's missing and it's time for us to look for her," Jamie said.

"Let's think for a moment," Kristyn spoke. "Is there at least anyone that you'd suspect to kidnap her?"

"Wait..." Nick dragged out her sentence. "I think I know who took her. Kristyn, you're coming with me."

Someone was pounding on Jake's door and it gave him a headache. He quickly answered it to stop the noise that became a nuisance. Right away, Nick fumed at him.

"Where's Kayla!?" Nick yelled.

"You have her!" Kristyn shouted. "It has to be you."

"What are you talking about?" Jake asked with confusion.

"We know that you took her," Nick said.

"I didn't take her," Jake said.

"Don't lie to me, Jake," Nick demanded.

"I'm seriously not lying!" Jake yelled.

"I'm not sure if I can believe you," Nick said.

"You have to believe me," Jake begged. "I swear I didn't take her."

"How do I know you didn't take her just to get to Jamie?" Nick asked.

"I don't want to hurt anyone," Jake almost felt like crying. "Just please believe me, Nick."

She looked at his eyes and instantly knew he was telling the truth. Jake wouldn't be lying if he had tears in his eyes.

"But if he doesn't have Kayla," Kristyn faced Nick. "Who does?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know it's surprising. You all thought it was Jake, but it actually wasn't.

Who is it? That question will be answered in the next chapter.

-Aliya