Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

It's Just Revenge

When Nick and Kristyn came back, they told Jamie the news.

"It wasn't Jake," Nick told her.

"Seriously?" Jamie asked. "But he's the only one that I'd expect to take her. She's only been in New Jersey for a few days and there's not much people that know her."

"I know, it's strange," Gerard said. "Jamie, you've known Kayla the longest. Has she told you about her life lately?"

"No, she's only talked to me about wanting a boyfriend," Jamie said. "That's nothing special, though."

"Did your family find her yet?" Frank asked.

"Unfortunately, they didn't," Jamie sulked. Deep concern caused her to cry again.

"I just hope she's okay."

Frank put his arms around her. "Don't cry, Jay. I'm sure she's alright."

"But what if she isn't?"

Their conversation was disturbed by the ringing of the doorbell and when they opened the door, nobody was standing outside.

"Damn doorbell ditchers," Gerard grumbled.

Before he closed the door, Jamie stopped him.

"Don't close the door!"

She shoved him a little, but he stumbled and fell to the floor.

"What the hell, Jamie?"

Jamie helped him up. "Sorry Gerard, but I noticed something."

"Noticed what?" he asked.

"That," she pointed to a folded piece of paper on the ground.

"What is it?"

"Read it to find out, smart ass," Jamie said.

Gerard picked up the paper and unfolded it. He silently read it as Jamie read it over his shoulder.

Jamie gasped. "Oh my god..."

Gerard kept his eyes on the paper. "Ladies and gentlemen, we found our kidnapper."

Kayla regained consciousness and found that she was unable to move because she was tied up in a chair. The ropes were tied so tightly that she thought she'd lose the circulation of her arms and legs. It was also dark, so she couldn't see or grab anything that could help free her.

She heard the footsteps again and they echoed through the building she was in.

"What do you want from me?" she didn't bother to look up.

"Nothing Kayla," she heard a voice say. "It's just revenge that I want."

"Look, I don't see the point of kidnapping me, Derek," she spoke to him despite not being able to see him.

"For what you did to me?"

"I didn't do anything harmful to you at all," she said through clenched teeth.

"What about my heart, Kayla?" he yelled. "Did you ever think about that damage?"

Kayla felt herself getting angry. "You weren't who I thought you were which is why I broke up with you!"

She felt a hand slap her face and she tried to ignore the tears that stung her eyes.

"Don't talk to me like that, bitch," he said.

"Fuck you!" she shouted. "How did you find me anyway?"

"Your friend told me you were coming to Belleville to visit your cousin, so I asked for directions to the house," he sneered. "I found it and now all I had to do was wait outside the house everyday. When I saw you walk out last night, I knew I had to follow you."

"Bastard," she muttered.

"And don't worry," he chuckled. "I already let them in on what's happened. Now they'll be able to suffer just like you."

He left the dark room and Kayla was all alone now. She couldn't be afraid anymore and it was time for her to rely on herself.

She had to think of a plan to escape her ex-boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there you have it. The chapter that reveals the criminal besides Jake.

I hope you enjoyed this update because it's my second update today. =]

-Aliya