Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

I Will Pull The Trigger

"How much longer?"

"About thirty more minutes."

"That long?"

"Calm down, Jamie," Frank concentrated on driving while trying to deal with Jamie.

"We need to get there fast," Jamie's hands were shaking. "This is an emergency and Kayla's in need of my help."

"Be patient," Frank sighed. "I want to get there without being pulled over, you know."

Jamie calmed down. "Okay...."

She was sitting shotgun while Frank was driving and Gerard and Mikey were in the back. Nick and Kristyn were in the other car. After a few more moments of silence, Jamie realized that one more person could help.

"Frank, turn around," she told him.

"What?" Frank groaned. "Do we really have to go back?"

"I know who could help," she dialed the number and called Zeke.

Two rings have passed and he finally answered her call. "Jamie?"

"Zeke, where are you right now?" she asked.

"Kevin and I are the house," he responded. "Everybody else is still looking, I guess."

"I'm coming there to pick you up," Jamie said. "I need you."

Without a "goodbye", she ended the call. Her last sentence was hanging in the air and it echoed inside of his head.

"Who was that?" Kevin stood behind him.

"Your sister," Zeke replied. "She's coming here and I think she needs my help."

"Help for what?" Kevin asked.

Zeke shook his head. "I don't know."

Eventually, the car was outside of the house and Jamie knocked on the door and waited impatiently for it to open. When Zeke opened it, she gestured to the car.

"Get in."

"But wha-"

"I'll explain everything later."

Zeke turned around to face Kevin. "Is he coming, too?"

"There's not enough room," Jamie said. "He could stay here alone."

"Maybe Willow can come over," Kevin suggested. "She could probably help."

"You do that," Jamie nodded. "Right now, we need to go."

She rushed him into the car as Kevin closed the door to the house and they soon drove away. Zeke knew he had to get all his questions answered.

"Can someone tell me what's going on here?" Zeke looked around at all of them.

"We found her," Jamie answered.

He nearly jumped out of his seat. "You found Kayla?"

"Her ex-boyfriend has her," Frank said. "Do you know him?"

"Only met him once," Zeke said. "Never knew Derek was weird, though."

"He's expecting us to pay a ransom or else he's going to kill her."

"Are we going to pay...?"

"No, of course not," Jamie scoffed. "That fucker doesn't deserve money anyway."

"Are we almost there?" he had so many questions to ask them.

"Unfortunately, we're not close," Frank sighed. "If Jay had known to get you earlier..."

"Now's not a good time, Frankie!" she cut his sentence short. "Let's just try to get there."

The rest of the ride was silent again and everyone was anxious, hoping they weren't too late. Jamie tried to block out the thought of what would have happened if Kayla was killed.

Their journey ended and they reached the warehouse. Everybody crept to the back of the building.

But they weren't quite prepared for what would happen.

Kayla tried to hold in her pain as she was getting hit in the face. She spat out blood and felt the red liquid gushing from her nose. Derek had caught her untied and tortured her to make her weak, that way she wouldn't have the strength to untie herself again.

"So you thought you could escape?" he punched her hard in the stomach, making her yell out in pain. "There's no way out for a bitch like you."

He gave her one last look of disgust and left the room. She was left crying and dealing with her painful condition.

Please be here soon, Jamie.

As if her pleading thoughts were heard, there was a light knock on the window behind her. Kayla turned her head and saw Jamie trying to open the window. When she failed, Frank broke it and the glass shattered all over the floor. He lifted her up through the window and everyone else climbed through also.

She untied her cousin and Kayla threw her arms around Jamie.

"I knew you'd come!" tears were falling down her cheeks.

"Now let's get you out of here before-" Zeke stopped talking as he was turned toward the door.

Everybody looked at the door way, too. Derek had come back and he now had a gun in his hand and it was pointing at all of them.

"Is this your family?" he asked Kayla as she looked down and nodded while trembling.

"Apparently, you don't even have the money," he looked furious. "Today's your lucky day. Not only will Kayla die, but all of you will die with her."

Jamie suddenly came out of her frozen state and ran toward him and tried to grab the gun. They both struggled and he finally pushed her to the ground and made a cut below her eye.

He now pointed the gun straight at her and she looked at the weapon in fear. Frank hit the gun out of his hand to save Jamie and Derek lunged at him. They started wrestling and rolling around the floor as everyone was in panic.

Jamie stared at the gun that was on the floor. She quickly grabbed it and realized that Frank wasn't winning the battle. She knew she had to do something. So she took a risk she thought she'd never take.

She pulled the trigger.

The fighting stopped and they all looked at the body on the floor. Jamie was breathing heavily and looked at the corpse in shock. Derek was no longer alive.

Like Kayla, there were tears in her eyes and Frank walked over to her and comforted her. He put his arms around her and looked at everyone else.

"It's okay," he said. "It's all over."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am extremely sorry that I didn't update in over a week! I was so busy for the past few weeks. I was too busy helping my parents and I painted my room red and every day I was always exhausted. I had to clean and we moved into a new house (which is down the street from my old one) and I also had to reply to some of my profile comments.

So I'm glad you were all patient and I wanted to make it up to you by making this chapter longer than my usual ones. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. =]

-Aliya