Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

I Feel Like A Hero

The drive back home was longer than they all expected. Gerard was driving back this time while Mikey was in the passenger seat and Frank and Jamie were in the back. Zeke was in the other car with Kayla.

Jamie was sleeping while Frank had his jacket wrapped around her to keep her warm as she rested her head on his shoulder. She had cried herself to sleep because of the whole event that had happened to everyone that day. She seemed the most affected because of what she did.

The sky was very dark and it was late at night by the time everyone came back home. They were all full of exhaustion and just wanted to relax and rest from the day that never seemed to end.

Frank looked at Jamie and realized she was still sleeping, so he picked her up and carried her into her house.

Everyone was in the house when the Jamie, Frank, Kayla, and Zeke entered through the door. Mrs. Dawson was very concerned for all of them and became even more worried when Frank set Jamie down on the couch. Kayla's mother was appalled by how her daughter's clothes which were splattered with dry blood stains and how there was blood on her face.

"Thank goodness you're alright!" she hugged Kayla, who was half asleep as her eyes were closing. She turned to her son. "Where has she been? She looks horrible!"

"Well..." Zeke opened his mouth slightly, then closed it, hoping not to concern his parents any longer.

Jamie groggily opened her eyes and looked up at Frank who was sitting near her. She sat up from the couch and looked at her mother whose eyes were wide.

"Jamie, are you okay?" her mother inquired. "Why was Frank carrying you? Did something-"

"Mom, I'm fine," she said tiredly. "I just fell asleep and nothing happened to me."

"But what happened to Kayla?" she questioned. "She doesn't look healthy right now."

"I'll tell you," Jamie began. "But you need to promise me that you won't freak out when I tell you all this."

Her mother was getting impatient and demanded a response. "Just speak up."

"She was kidnapped," Zeke's mouth opened again and he backed away ruefully at his act that wasn't thought over.

Everyone fell silent and they all glared at him.

"She was what!?" Kayla's mother stared at the three of them like they had said a ridiculous statement that seemed like a lie.

"Kayla was kidnapped," Zeke said again.

Mrs. Dawson turned to her daughter, expecting to hear the truth. "Jamie, is all this true or is he lying?"

Jamie just scoffed at the question asked. Of course, both of the mothers had denied them and it was stupid that she assumed Zeke was lying. He never told lies. He may have gotten into trouble, broken the rules, and even got into violence, but never lied. Why would her mother say such a thing?

"It's true," she confirmed to them, averting her eyes.

"B-But who would want to kidnap Kayla?" her aunt began to stammer while trembling as if she was the one that had faced danger. "We don't even live here."

"Apparently, her last boyfriend wanted revenge," Frank told them. "He found her and tried to kill her."

Kayla's mother was surprised as she froze in her position. "I would never have known. What happened to him? Where is he now?"

Those last words attacked Jamie as her mind flashed the horrible vision. She saw the vision of herself holding the gun, the fighting, and worst of all, the blood all over the floor. She shuddered and moved closer to Frank, suddenly feeling cold and fear.

Jamie began to quietly sob again and answered, "He's gone. That's all I can say."

She walked upstairs and shivered as the cold air still continued to torture her body. Frank followed her, leaving the others alone with even more questions to ask.

Jamie collapsed onto her bed and cried harder than she has earlier and didn't even notice Frank coming in. He sat at the foot of her bed and stroked her hair gently.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

She turned to him, her eyes filled with hot tears that made the emotions bring even more pain. "No. Not one bit."

"What's wrong?" he asked. "It's all over now. We're safe."

"That's easy for you to say," she replied. "You weren't the one that killed someone. Frank, I shot him with a real gun and who knows if I could have shot you?"

"But you did that to save me," he consoled. "You're not a bad person, Jay. You should know that."

He laid himself next to her and continued to brighten her mood a bit. "Without you, I would have been killed by him. I thank you for that. You're my heroine, Jamie."

She smiled at him. "And you're my hero, Frankie. I love you."

"I love you, too."

He got up from the bed and started to leave, but she grabbed his arm. "Please don't leave me alone tonight. I want to stay with you."

"What do you mean?"

She moved in closer. "Take me with you."

And he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I am back! Vegas was really fun and I put some pictures up. You could check them out if you want. I also got a new haircut and my hair is not so long and thick anymore and my bangs are fixed.

I hope you enjoyed this and your questions of how Jamie feels about shooting someone are answered. I might update on the weekend and maybe even earlier than my plan.

And the title of the story is a lyric from the song "Hero/Heroine" by Boys Like Girls. I suggest you listen to that song if you haven't heard it yet.

And since I loved my trip so much, I posted a one-shot based on the beautifully lit city and hope you check it out. I'd really appreciate it if you did. =]

-Aliya