Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

I'm Not Over

"Okay, you look much better than you did earlier today," Jamie was saying when she came back from school to see Gerard.

"Try dealing with the medicine," Gerard laughed, but still felt a little weak.

"Ugh, I hate medicine," Jamie said in disgust. "It never tastes good."

"One day, I'll invent a tasteful medicine to cure everything," Gerard suggested.

"Will it be able to heal cancer?" Jamie asked.

"Oh yeah, I never thought about that," he said.

Jamie then looked around the house, knowing someone was missing. "Did Mikey come home yet?"

"Nope," Gerard replied. "Did you see him?"

"That last time I saw him was when he was walking with Layla," Jamie shrugged.

Ironically, the door opened and in came Mikey, his eyes red. He looked extremely upset and continued to stare at the floor.

"Mikey, what's wrong?" Jamie consoled.

"Nick broke up with me," he responded.

"What?" both Gerard and Jamie said incredulously.

"I was only hugging Layla and she took things the wrong way," Mikey said.

"Nick wouldn't really assume that right away, would she?" Jamie asked.

"She wouldn't let me explain," Mikey was crying and it hurt Jamie to see him so upset after somebody just made him happy. "Now Layla thinks it's all her fault and I'm not sure what to do."

"We'll help you make things right," Gerard got up from the couch. "I think-"

"If by 'we', you mean Mikey and I," Jamie stopped him. "You're still sick and I know you're still not strong enough to get out the house."

"Yes, ma'am," he replied sarcastically, but also sulked and listened to what she told him.

"Maybe tomorrow she'll understand," Jamie assured him.

Please, I hope I'm right!

Layla didn't come to school the next day. She didn't arrive the day after that either and Mikey felt guilt crawl all over him, thinking that she still thought it was her fault.

"This isn't right," he said to Jamie. "I need to assure her that she shouldn't feel bad."

"We'll both go to her house today after school then," Jamie said.

"But I thought I was supposed to talk to Nick today," he replied.

"Mikester, let's just say we have a lot to do," she sighed.

When the bell rang, Jamie and Mikey both immediately went to Layla's house, ready for everything to get back to normal.

Layla was sitting on her bed, curled up and hiding her face behind her knees, her eyes filled with tears.

I knew it. I knew I'd never be able to have friends. No one would ever want to be with someone that jinxed them. Once again, I feel so alone and lost. I can't even blame Mikey if he doesn't even want to look at me again.

How stupid she was to think she'd escape the drama and her past. She should have known that people could never run away from their problems because memories seem to follow.

She heard the doorbell ring and then heard two familiar voices. It was Jamie and Mikey and before she knew it, footsteps were heard getting louder and louder with each step.

It didn't feel like a good time to talk to anyone right now and Layla quickly got up to close her door and lock it.

Layla faced her back against the door and heard her door knocking.

"We know you're in there," Jamie's voice came from the other side.

"Please, just open up," Mikey begged.

His voice sounded so desperate, so she opened it and faced the two of them. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't be depressed," Mikey answered. "Okay, what happened with Nick was a huge misunderstanding and you need to realize that you and I didn't know what would happen. I know you went through some hard events, but it's over now. We're still here for you and we still want you around."

She was quiet for a while, then walked forward and gave Mikey a hug.

Jamie was also pulled into a hug by her and Layla smiled. "You guys really are my friends."

"Why wouldn't we be?" Jamie laughed. "You turned out to be an awesome person and I'm glad I met you."

"Same here," Layla nodded then turned to Mikey. "Now isn't there something you need to do?"

"Let's go," Mikey told them. "I need to get Nick back."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this chapter. There's many emotions here that makes me feel so much better.

Enjoy the update. =]

-Aliya