Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

I'm Worried About Him

"Whoa, are you two like married or something?" Jamie's 13 year-old brother asked.

Jamie and Frank just walked through the doorway, Frank still carrying Jamie.

"Shut up, Kevin," Jamie said. "Frankie decided to be nice to me and carry me inside. And no, we're not getting married."

"Who says that it won't happen someday?" Frank gave her a small grin.

"It might," Jamie winked. "And you could put me down now."

Frank put Jamie down and gave her a kiss. Kevin did not really like to see his sister kissing a boyfriend.

"Jamie's room is upstairs," Kevin walked into the kitchen. "If you wanna kiss, that's the place to go."

"Just go away, Kevin!" Jamie yelled.

"Whatever." He went out the door, off to do better things.

"I forget that he's thirteen sometimes," Jamie sat on the carpet.

"He's never liked a girl, hasn't he?" Frank joked.

Jamie took this as a serious statement. "No, he hasn't. I think that the only girls that he's near are his teachers, my mom, and me. He never seemed to mature and is still clinging onto his friends."

Frank scratched his head. "But do any of his friends like girls?"

"Yeah," Jamie said. "He might grow up someday. Okay, let's stop talking about him and go upstairs. You still haven't answered my question."

"Upstairs we go," Frank held out his arms.

"Frankie, what are you doing?"

"You know what I'm doing."

Jamie finally understood. "Oh, I see. You're going to carry me."

Once again, Frank carried Jamie bridal style and walked up the stairs with no trouble.

"First thing's first," Jamie crossed her arms. "What's the deal with you spending the night at my house 24/7?"

"Will you promise not to be mad?" Frank felt reluctant.

"Oh, I won't be mad," Jamie laughed. "Now just tell me the reason."

Frank let out a long, deep sigh. "Gerard told me about this one guy that was interested in you and how you think he's following you. He told me to kinda watch over you. So, I'm staying here to be protective for you."

"Gerard told you about Jake!" Jamie exclaimed. "Why the hell did he tell you?"

"You promised me you wouldn't yell," Frank said. "And who's Jake?"

"I never promised," Jamie was angry. "And I thought Gerard wouldn't tell anybody else! I thought it was just going to be between us!"

"Who is Jake!?" Frank shouted.

"He's the guy that's "following" me," Jamie explained.

"What does he look like?"

"His eyes are brown and he has dark brown hair that's as long as Gerard's. And he wears a black jacket."

Frank suddenly got stricken with memory about the appearance that he's seen before.

"Wait, a black jacket?" he repeated.

"Yes, why?" Jamie asked.

"Your description," he said. "I saw this guy that had the same description you just said.

Jamie's attention was caught. "Where and when did you see this guy?"

"Today at lunch."

"Nick, are you okay?" Mrs. Harson asked. "You haven't eaten anything yet."

"Mom, I told you I'm not hungry," Nick muttered.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Nick's mother sat at the foot of the bed.

"It's Jake," Nick answered. "He's been strange lately."

"Can you tell me?"

"It'll be wrong if I tell you without him knowing, but it's for the sake of him. Jake is obsessed with this girl that he met a few days ago and he wants to have a relationship with this girl. He's trying everything he can to get her. Like today when he drove over to her school."

"He drove over to her school?" Mrs. Harson was shocked. "When?"

Nick's face was blank. "During lunch. And then he came back really angry. I'm worried about him, Mom."

"There's something wrong with that boy."

"Don't say that!" Nick yelled.

"But Nick, he's been acting weird. This has happened ever since......"

"Ever since he loved me," Nick finished.

And then Nick, Jake's ex-girlfriend, began to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you think Nick was a boy?

I know, surprising.

-Aliya