Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 28

We sat in the car for what seemed like forever just waiting to get going.
“What time is it now?” Harry said staring out of the window, bouncing his knee and tapping his fingers on the door frame.”
“It’s bang on 3 o’clock.” I sighed, checking the clock on the car’s dashboard. I reached for his hand that was taping on the empty seat between us and held it between mine. “I’ve never seen you so excited,” I smiled.
“Well I’ve never been an uncle before.” He smiled back, turning his body to face me.
“and you’ll be a wonderful uncle.” I cuddled into his frame slightly as the car started and headed towards our destination. We were both quietly lost in our own thoughts for quite a while.
“Should we take something with us, like a gift?” Harry mused.
“Yes! Why didn’t we think of this before?”
“It’s fine! We can just make a quick phone call and we can pick some flowers and stuff up at my parent’s” He leaned forward in the car and spoke to security in the front seats. “See, Steven’s making a phone call for us now.” I rested my head back on Harry’s shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, rubbing his thumb backwards and forwards on a bare part of my shoulder.
“You know I wouldn’t want to be doing this with anyone but you.” He moved to look me deep in the eye. “I really do love you” and we kissed. There was so much love behind the kiss that I could help but well up. It felt like fireworks were bursting in my heart. Like the moment at the end of a rom-com movie when the guy gets the girl.

We carried on the journey in comfortable silence, with my head on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around me. The car pulled up at a police block and with a curt nod from a police man, we were joined by a convoy of two police cars and four police on motorbikes, who encircled the car we were in.

The car drove for a while until we were ushered through the gates of Windsor castle, where Charles and Camilla were staying while their apartments were being redecorated. When we stopped in the courtyard of the castle, the doors opened and a white gloved hand was held out to help me out of the car. This was a lot more than I’d expected. I understood there must be some level of grandeur with the day but it was so unexpected. I slowly took the hand and, as gracefully as I could, I stepped out of the car to see Harry waiting to take my arm. I slowly linked my arm in his as I shielded my eyes from the hot sun that beamed into the courtyard.
“Are you excited darling?” He lowered his head and asked. I just nodded, taking everything in. We walked quite quickly into the building, my heels stirring the gravel underfoot.
“We were wondering where you were! How are you both?” A friendly voice stirs from the top of a staircase.
“We’re fine father, just very excited to see the little one.” Harry shouts to his father as Charles descends the stairs.
“From what William says he’s a beautiful little boy. And how are you darling?” Charles says walking straight over to me, and kissing both cheeks.
“I’ve been fine thank you. I heard your garden wasn’t coming along as hoped.” I replied
“You heard correct. No matter what I do, my roses become limp, even from the little buds, and my peonies just aren’t taking to the soil.”
“My father seems to have the exact same problem. And it’s such a shame as my mother loves peonies.”
“If I ever get them to grow well, I shall let you know and you’re more than welcome to send her a bunch.”
“That’s very kind of you sir.” Camilla walked over and gave Harry a kiss on each cheek, joining in our conversation.
“All I have heard since May is ‘roses and peonies’ this and ‘roses and peonies’ that!” she rester her hand on my shoulder and kissed both my cheeks.
“They have been causing me trouble.” Charles mused, almost to himself. The sound of two black cars pulling into the courtyard caught our attention.
“Are we travelling separately?” I asked.
“No darling, one is just for security,” Camilla smiled while her hand rested on my shoulder in reassurance. “In fact,” she continued “may we possibly have a little chat before we leave?”
“Of course. In fact I would love to.”
“In that case, let us go for a little walk. I’m sure my husband has a lot to catch up with his son with. Polo season in starting soon.” She mused, wrapping his arm around mine. She led us slowly into a drawing room. “I know you’ll be nervous but I would just like to have a little talk before and settle your nerves.”
“Thank you, I’m ever so nervous. I was even contemplating not even coming.” I said with a little laugh.
“I was the same when I went to my first official event. But Kate is excited to see you and there’s a beautiful baby who is in desperate need of cuddles from his aunt.”
“I’m not his aunt though, I’m just-”
“You might as well be. We all consider you part of this family, Wills and Kate more than anyone. And I really think today will do you well.” She sat on a large red and gold couch and I slowly sat next to her. “All you have to know is that we’ll still be here. If worst comes to the worst then we will still be here. Kate and Will will still love you, Charles and I will still love you, and most importantly Harry will still love you. I know you make him happy.” I smiled to myself slightly, thinking about his smile. “And I know he makes you happy.” I blushed slightly. “Now I know that you and the press are close, but you understand that today you are with us. It shouldn’t matter so much today but please don’t have any long conversations with any of them. The focus of today is the baby. But I’m sure you’ll be wonderful.” My hands started playing in my lap taking everything in. “You look nervous.” She took one of my hands in her’s “You have nothing to worry about, nothing at all; just smile and get in the building. That’s all you need to do.” I heard footsteps walking over the marble floor to us.
“The cars are ready your highness.” A voice said, bowing his head.
“Thank you Lewis.” She replied. We both stood and I took her arm again.
“I really appreciate you talking to me.” I said.
“You’re welcome darling. Just remember, you’re practically one of the family.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi all! I'm feeling a bit low because I don't really know if I want to carry this story on any-more. I enjoy writing it but I don't know if anyone else is enjoying it. So please let me know if you enjoy it or what not. And if you have any ideas you want me to listen to please don't hesitate!

Thanks for reading!

:)
x