Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 29

“We were wondering where you both were.” Charles said as we both walked back into the reception room.
“Father organised some flowers for us.” Harry said standing and wrapping his arm around my waist.
“They’re just some sunflowers, but they’re better than nothing.” I bent down to pick up the bouquet of long, bright sunflowers.”
“They’re beautiful, Kate will adore them!”
“She certainly will.” Charles smiled, directing us to the black Bentley waiting in the courtyard. We all took our seats and the doors were closed either side of us. The police escort pulled around us and the car started.

It wasn’t a long journey, but I’d never been so nervous.
“It’s a beautiful day,” Charles mused, almost to himself. Harry caught my nervous look, and reached for my hand, gently rubbing his thumb backwards and forwards.
“I really do love you.” He said, bringing my hand up to his lips and gently kissing it.
“I know you do, and I love you so much more.”
“You know as well as I do that I love you more.” He gazed into my eyes.
“That’s not possible.” I smiled, closing the gap between our faces, and eventually kissing him.

The car carried on the drive, and the police ahead of us slowed as we reached the gates next to the Lino Wing of St Mary’s hospital. The first black car pulled to a stop and security hopped out, nodding to each other, and to members of the team. Our car stopped behind and the noise of the gathered crowds grew to a thunderous volume. How any babies could sleep with that noise outside was a miracle. Security opened the doors on both sides of the car and Charles and Camilla left on the side that faced the press, while Harry left the side facing the building. He then held his hand out to help me out of the car. The flashes of the camera were almost as bright as the sun, and it caught me off guard.
“You’ll be fine darling.” Harry patted my hand and tucked it around his arm. In my other harm I carried my handbag and the large, bright sunflowers for Kate. We quickly walked into the hospital, smiling slightly to the crowd. I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding as we felt the coolness of the hospital’s reception. We were quickly followed by Charles and Camilla.
“See darling it’s not that scary.” Camilla smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder.
“It really isn’t but that’s not why we’re here.” I smiled back.
“Of course, of course,” Charles smiled. Daniel, who I’d known as one of Will and Kate’s advisors waited for us in the reception, and shook Charles’ hand with a bow of his head, followed by Camilla and Harry. He turned to look at me and his face turned slightly sour.
“It’s this way sirs, ma’am.” He said before leading us towards the ward.

“I must stress just two visitors at a time.” Daniel smiled.
“I’m sure they’d love to see you first,” Charles said to Harry and I. I smiled thankfully and Harry took my hand, to lead me into the private room.

Harry knocked and pushed the door open in front of me, and held it open for us both to walk through.
“Hello there mummy!” I said quietly noticing Kate holding the little baby, with William sat on the end of the bed, watching the two of them. “And daddy of course.” Their heads turned slowly to notice us.
“Hello you two,” Kate said quietly. I slowly walked over and gave William a huge bear hug, and I softly leant over and pressed a kiss to both of Kate’s cheeks.
“How’s mummy getting on?” Harry said, kissing Kate on the cheek.
“tired, very tired. Little man’s only just got to sleep.” She gazed down and took his little hand, rubbing her thumb over the back of his tiny hand.
“We brought you some flowers,” Harry said pointing over to the flowers in my hand.
“They’re beautiful! Thank you so much both of you,” Kate smiled to both of us. She looked up at me gazing down at the beautiful baby boy in her arms. “Would auntie Becca like a cuddle?” She said with a smile in her voice.
“Of course I would!” I slowly bent down to lift the baby out of Kate’s arms. The little one stirred a little bit as I lifted him into my arms, and sat in a chair next to the bed. I gazed down at him as Harry, Will and Kate sat talking about what would happen once they got home, laughing slightly at something that Will had said. Harry turned to me, expecting me to laugh, but he stopped when he didn’t hear me. His faced fixed in a smile, and his eyes softened, and fixed on my smile.
“You look quite at home there.” Will said, proudly smiling at his little boy. I looked up smiling slightly, catching Harry’s eyes.
“I don’t think you’ll need to hire a babysitter,” Harry joked. Just as I looked down, the baby stirred and stretched, opening his eyes. He looked straight at me.
“Hello there,” I cooed quietly, “Was that a nice sleep?” Harry moved around when he’d noticed the baby was awake.
“Uncle Harry wants to say hello.” He said as he reached for the baby’s tiny hand. He scooped him out of my arms.
“He is just beautiful.” I said to Kate and Will as Harry walked around the room talking to the little boy.
“He really is, isn’t he?” Will said, smiling at Kate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for your lovely comments! I really did feel a lot of love from them all, knowing that you're reading and enjoying my stories!

I'm hoping to update quite frequently now I've finished university for the summer.

:) xx