Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 7

I sat and nursed my cappuccino while waiting for my red haired friend, well not exactly friend, but not strangers either. What were we? Did it matter? I knew exactly what would come of all this; I would end up running away from any kind of relationship, as per usual, and then drown my sorrows in jagerbombs, shots and strange people’s beds, then have it plastered all over the papers as if it were entertainment, when to me, despite my exterior, it was just plain embarrassment.
I was pulled from my thoughts when a tall man with dark brown curly hair and sunglasses tapped me on the shoulder.
“Erm…. Hello?” I questioned
“It’s me, in disguise,” he said listing up his sunglasses, so I could see his bright blue eyes. It was then that I eventually clicked.
“I’m sorry it’s just a really good disguise, I didn’t recognise you,” I said as I stood up to kiss him on the cheek.
“It’s a good job, the paparazzi have been following me about like sheep since that picture hit the press, but I heard you sorted it out” Harry said as he sat down with his cup of coffee.
“You could say that,” I said,
“How did you do it? I wish most of the people at the palace could get something like that sorted so quickly.”
“Well,” I paused to laugh as Harry got some of the froth from his cappuccino on the end of his nose. He wiped it off and signalled me to carry on my story. “Let’s just say Tony Fletcher is very easily swayed, when you come to mention the law,” Harry laughed,
“What a wanker that guy is,” he said, making me splutter on my coffee, trying to laugh. “Did something amuse you there miss?” Harry teased.
“Nope, nothing at all,” I smiled shyly at myself, “you should try working with him, you’d call him worse than that on a daily business,” I said, warranting a low chuckle.

We spent the next two hours in light-hearted conversation, talking about everything from the festivals we’d been to and the bands we’d seen, to the funny things we individually did as children. Obviously there were some differences there i.e. “one summer when we were in the Bahamas…” compared to “once when my grandma took me to the park around the corner from her house…”

It eventually reached eleven o’clock and we headed off to Clarence house, where I would meet up with the cameramen. We left the coffee shop and strolled in the sunshine towards Clarence house, and, due to his impeccable disguise, he wasn’t recognised. It wasn’t a long walk, but as we reached Pall Mall, I wanted nothing more than to hold his hand, but then realised how strange it would be if I were to actually hold hands with him; not only because we’d hardly known each other, but there would be speculation as to who the curly haired man was that I’d been seen with: walls have ears, and eyes. I smiled as we walked, carrying on our conversation.
“So why were you called ‘Boo’ in school then?”
“Well there were four of us in the same year called Rebecca, so to avoid confusion we all sat down and decided what each of us were to be called. There were Becky, Becca, Betty and Boo” Harry was engrossed in the whole story,
“Why not call one of you just plain ‘Rebecca’?”
“Where, would the fun be in that?”

We got to just around the corner from Clarence house, when he stopped.
“Just before we go any further, I want you to know how much I’ve loved this morning. It’s been a breath of fresh air having someone to just talk to, so thank you,”
“You’re welcome, it’s been a please for me too.” I smiled back, and we carried on walking.
“You know, I’d love to do this again Boo,” he said nudging me with a cheeky grin.
“Me too, so we should work something out,”
“What’s up you seem really distant all of a sudden?”
“How am I going to do this interview, knowing all your dirty little secrets?”
“How dare you! My secrets are not dirty at all!” he faked offence, and we both laughed as we entered the front doors of Clarence house. As we weren’t meeting the camera men until half past eleven, we sat carrying on with our chat, throwing in jokes every so often.